News Ticker

Felpata_Lupin's reviews

Felpata_Lupin

Hello, my dears! :loveshower:

Here to love your stories!!! Go! Now! Throw me your links! :read:

Some "rules" down here... :P

Fandoms

Harry Potter and Original Fiction. You can request for other fandoms, too, but there's a high chance that I won't be familiar with it (of course you can just check if I'm familiar with the fandom first, and of course I can review even if I'm not familiar with the fandom. That's really up to you, I guess).

Sites

I'd prefer to review on our archives, but I can review on HPFF and AO3 as well, and I can crosspost if you want me to (just specify in your request if you have your story posted on multiple sites)

I have a predilection for Marauder Era and lighthearted stories, but I'll read pretty much anything! I like to range (is that right?)  ;)

Dislikes and extra notes

While my philosophy is to not rule out anything (because you never know where a pearl might be hidden), here are some things you might want to consider:

• I'm not a native speaker, so if your main concern is grammar, maybe I'm not the best person for it out there...  :P
  • I'm not an expert when it comes to smut, and also very easily embarrassed, so if that's the main theme of your story, I'm probably not the best person for it either...  :couch: 
  • I'm not a big fan of Next Gen stories that mostly revolve around teenage romantic drama...  :shrugs:
  • I'm also not a big fan of horror, I'm afraid... :ninjavanish: 

Slots and turnaround time

No slots limit! Just pile up your requests and I'll make it through the list a little at a time. Obviously, the more requests I have, the longer it'll take me to get back to you, so please be patient and have pity of me? :$ I will try to get back to you in a couple of weeks at most; if I don't, feel free to poke me... :P

Requests per author

Each person can request for one story at a time. For multichaps I will do 2 or 3 chapters at a time and I will always start from the beginning/the last chapter I've read (unless it's a one-shot collection and you guarantee me that I can read the chapter independently). Once your request is completed, you're more than welcome to come back and re-request (I encourage you to do so, I need a push to keep up with stories at times... :couch:)

Please, reply to my reviews

... because I love reading replies to reviews too much... :wub:

And that's all, folks! Can't wait to read some of your awesome work! :D

:freeze::grouphug:

Chiara

Story and Author Name, including link: 
Warnings and Advisories: 
Genre: 
Length: 
Ships: 
Summary: 
Areas of Concern: 
Current Review Request Count: __/5 

Edited by grumpy cat
edited as per request
  • Like 1

Chiara, my sweet! *waves excitedly*

I'm here to ask a terribly large favour of you. I'm currently in the process of editing/re-writing Embracing the Madness. I would absolutely adore you forever if you'd be able to help me pick up on all the mistakes, typos and plotholes throughout. Is that possible? Are you feeling up to it. Feel free to turn me down, my lovely.

Author Name: Wolfgirl17

Story Title and link: Embracing the Madness (M)

Warnings and Advisories: Contains profanity, Strong violence, Scenes of a sexual nature, Substance abuse, Sensitive topic/issue/theme, Spoilers

Genre:Horror/Dark, Humor, Romance

Length: 157211 words (25 chapters so far) WIP

Summary: Sent back 20 years, Hermione must come to terms with a life where everything she knows about the first wizarding war can be rewritten, where she has no hope of returning to her real time, and where being friends with the Marauders means she'll do whatever it takes to keep them alive and she's falling in love with Sirius Black.

Ships: Hermione/Sirius, James/Lily, Remus/OC

Areas of Concern: Britpicking. Typos. Plotholes. Canon inaccuracies. Whatever needs work =)

Ellieeeee! So thrilled to see you, darling!  :D

Oh, wow... that sounds like a huge responsibility...  :o

I'm honestly not sure if I'm up to it, especially concerning britpicking and grammar in general (I have a feeling your English is much better than mine...  :P)

But I will try anyway (also because I love Hermione-goes-back-in-time-and-falls-for-Sirius stories way too much!  ;))

Yay! I'm so excited. Don't do more than you're comfortable with though. Anything you pick up on that I might miss as I rush blindly ahead will be helpful. Thanks so much! You're so wonderful!

xx-Ell

• 1 month later...

Alright, my dears!

As I said on twitter, today I have a lot of free time so, just for today, no limits! :D If you want some love on your stories, just leave a link here!

Author Name: rosehedwig243

Story Title and link: Slap (general)

Warnings and Advisories: Cracccckkkkkkk!

Genre: Comedy, Crack, Ficlet, Humour

Length: 173 words

Summary:

Slap.

Ugh.

Slap.

WHY.

For Paula - my poor beta who I bombard with fic ideas at midnight.

CHIARA HERE I AM!

HELLO CHIARA!

Author Name: dreamgazer220

Story Title and link: Two Birds, One Stone (M)

Warnings and Advisories: profanity, sexual content

Genre: general, humor, romance, fluff

Length: 6919 (WIP)

Characters: James Potter II, OC, Dean Thomas, Seamus Finnigan, Ginny Weasley, Harry Potter

Ships: James II/OC, OC/OC

Summary: Sometimes things go according to plan - sometimes they don't. And sometimes, your best friend manages to talk you into a pretend relationship as some sort of convoluted way of getting revenge on your cheating ex-boyfriend when he's really just after another girl. And for some insane reason, I agreed to it.

If I'm not mistaken you have more then two slots today?  ::) I'll just leave this here...  ::)

Author Name: ImaRavenclaw

Story Title and link: (M) The Great Tale of Me, Lyra Malfoy

Genre: Humour, LGBTQA+

Length: The first chapter is 1863 words! You only have to read the first chapter.

Characters: OCs, James Potter II, Scorpius Malfoy, Albus Potter, Other Canon

Ships: James/OC, Albus/Scorpius, other.

Summary: Hi! I'm Lyra Saige Malfoy, you recognized the last name (I tried and failed to pretend I was adopted). As you can probably imagine, being a Malfoy is dreadfully hard work. From warding off weird stares to dealing with your brother and his boyfriend snogging at the breakfast table, things get tough. Which is why I resort to my Gryffindor spirit, and brave it out. Let's just hope things don't fall to pieces!

This story is half older/newer, but it is currently my baby. Please take good care of it!

Author Name: pookha

Story Title and link: Mr Ted's Picnic (12+)

Warnings and Advisories: mild sexual nature

Length: 1141

Summary: Mr Ted has gone missing! Oh, no! What will Hermione and Rose do?

Ships: Hermione/Ron, but not the point

Areas of Concern: anything at all. I just thought you'd like a nice fluffy story.

• 1 month later...

I always forget to update here, but all my slots are opened if anyone's interested ;)

hey!!  :D

Author Name: scintillated

Story Title and link: Crucio (M)

Warnings and Advisories: profanity, violence, sensitive topic, substance abuse, sexual content

Genre: horror/dark (although there is quite a bit of humor), romance, action/adventure

Length: 2561 (work in progress)

Characters: Albus Potter, Rose Weasley, Scorpius Malfoy, OC

Ships: Albus/OC, OC/OC

Summary: Out of all the things that Isla Nott had expected for her seventh year, investigating a string of murders with Albus Potter was most certainly not one of them.

thank you!!

• 2 months later...

hey chiara, you reviewed the first chapter recently of mercurial eyes, and so i'd thought i'd see what you thought of the next installment. and i have no idea how well it flows.

Story and Author Name, including RATED link: mercurial eyes and falling stars ch 2: too late for you (M) by BlackPixie

Warnings and Advisories: Other Mental Illness

Genre: Angst, Hurt/Comfort, Romance

Length: the chapter is around 550 words

Ships: Dramione

Summary:

all I wanted to do was fall like a dying star. but those eyes stopped me.

Areas of Concern: does the chappie flow on well from the first? It's been so long since I wrote the beginning, it feels disjointed.

Hello dear! Hope you don't mind me jumping in on your review thread here :)

This is a new story I wrote and I'm mostly curious about your general thoughts, especially on the flow and structure of the piece.  ALSO, I should warn you that it has some vague spoilers for Haunting Shadows; Cate is the OC in this piece.

Author Name: dreamgazer220

Story Title and link: The Edge of the World - HPFT | HPFF

Warnings and Advisories: spoilers, mentions of suicide, sensitive topic/issue/theme

Genre: angst, drama

Length: complete at ~3379 words

Characters: George Weasley, OC

Ships: none!

Summary:

I was still waiting for that moment of clarity. I was waiting for the gut-wrenching pain to stop, waiting so that it didn’t feel like my soul was ripped in half, waiting for the anger to disperse. Everyone kept telling me that it was going to get better, that time healed all wounds, that I, too, would eventually be able to move on.

It had been one year, six months, and three days.

I was still waiting.

Hayden! Jill! *hug*

Sorry for making you wait... I promise I'll get to these before the end of the week (and if I don't, send me a Howler)

Love you!

*shuffles in* :P

Story and Author Name, including link: All About Context, by Beeezie

Warnings and Advisories: T (Violence)

Genre: Humor

Length: 1,226 words

Summary: Teddy is not at his most reasonable when he overhears a friend planning to ask Victoire Weasley out.

Ships: Teddy/Victoire

Areas of Concern: I'm not sure if you're read an enormous amount of my universe - I don't think you have, and I'm really curious how this comes off to people who aren't as familiar with it. :)

Thank you!! <3 <3 <3

Story and Author Name, including RATED link: Kiss the Girl by LunaStellaCat Rated (M)

Warnings and Advisories:  Rated (M) Advisories are Mild Language and Sexual Content

Genre/Era:  Harry Potter Between Wars (1981-1995) Genre Romance, Drama

Length: 5100 Words One-Shot

Summary:In the hopes of getting the girl down the aisle, Elphinstone Urquart attends a traditional wedding

Ships: Minerva McGonagall/ Elphinstone Urquart

Areas of Concern:  The general stuff, I guess.  I want to make sure the story has no holes, or if the story is enjoyable and honors canon.  Any critique will do, honestly.  Thanks.

Story and Author Name, including RATED link: In This Darkness by Quill2Parchment

HPFT: http://bit.ly/2luVjRS

HPFF: http://bit.ly/2lv2p8W

Warnings and Advisories: M Sexual Context/Violence

Genre/Era: Second Generation

Length: Chapter 1: 4171 words

Summary: “She closed her eyes, and it was in this darkness that his lips found hers.”

Ships: Lily L. Potter/ OC

Areas of Concern: The first chapter serves as a back story/introduction. Before I upload chapter two, I would like to know if this chapter makes sufficient sense. There is meant to be unanswered questions, but, overall, I would like to know if the setup of the story makes enough sense... Also, anything you think is worth noting.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Chiara,

I found this post as you have Lupin in your name, Remus is my favourite character :)

Can I ask you to review my one-shot? That would really make my day! I'm new to this HP fanfic community and trying to gather feedback on my work (so far I have only two one-shots, but would love to continue and improve)

It is a story that involves young Lupin and many other cannon and OC (not so much lighthearted, but not terribly dark either)

Title: Prophecy Misinterpreted (by DossyVilja)

Link: http://www.harrypotterfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?chapterid=526868

Warnings: 12+ Mild violence, Scenes of a mild sexual nature

Genre: General, Mystery, Action/Adventure

Length: 2760 words

Summary: This story unfolds around a prophecy by Cassandra Vablatsky in the 1960s, warning about the rise of a Dark Lord. Action is taken by the actual Minister for Magic, however by the end of the story we all realize that the warning was deadly misinterpreted.

All slots open again :D

Chiara, I have a new story for you to read! (And I love your feedback, so. <3)

Story and Author Name, including link: Homecoming (T) by dreamgazer220

Warnings and Advisories: No official warnings, but there's references to a murder/suicide case.

Genre: Crime/Mystery, Drama

Length: 1549 words

Summary: I finally get to go home.

Ships: none

Areas of Concern: This was for the TV Tropes Challenge, and the one that I got was "The Ending Changes Everything", so... does it? :P Also, general suspense, flow, characterization; it's a different genre than what I normally write, so anything else that catches your eye! <3

I would love for you to check out chapter 3 (well, 2 with the prologue) of The Shadows Within (M).

Warnings: Hate Speech, Sexual Content, Violence

Genre: Drama, General, Romance

Pairings: James Potter I/Lily Evans (HP), OC/OC, Sirius Black/OC (HP)

Summary: The year is 1976. Lily Evans and the Marauders are starting their sixth year and things are changing.  Voldemort is gaining power both inside and outside of Hogwarts.  It is time to choose sides in the upcoming war, which may mean cutting out old friends and forging new friendships.

You have already left such nice reviews on the first two so I'd like the continuation of that.  You write the era so well anything that sticks out to you - good or bad - would be great to hear about.  Thanks so much. <3