HPFanficTalk
BellaLestrange87

You Know You're a Harry Potter Fan When...

I think this is the right place to put this topic?  ??? translation: I have no idea whatsoever please move it if it's in the wrong spot

So... we've all had those moments. You've been at the mall and you see a guy who looks JUST LIKE you envision Scorpius. So you stare at him... and stare... and stare... and stare... and he thinks you're being really creepy and runs away screaming.

Anybody have any awkward moments that they want to share? (Without revealing too much personal information, of course!)

There was a guy who looked EXACTLY like Alan Rickman at the bar rail where I work the other day (you can see two seats from the little window on the door into the kitchen) I stared. I told everyone to go stare. It was classy.

When you get into an hour long conversation with a local cop (who is also a HP fan) over the benefits of being a muggle cop vs an auror

I work at a cafe and found some little old lady's keys on the table. I returned them to her and she said, "Thank you, you're such a good finder!" and it took all my strength to not say, "I'm a Hufflepuff."  ;D

Ahem.

There may have been a day when I spotted an entire wall of hp merch as soon as I got to the top floor of Primark, gasped dramatically and ran to it while a girl stared at me all the while. There is a slight possibility that happened. 😝

Also, there was once a couple behind me in the queue for Rita in Alton Towers who looked exactly like the Rose and Scorpius I was envisioning at the time. I was in complete SHOCK. As soon as I saw them, I stiffened and discreetly stared to confirm (yes, it was v. discreet).

[Not related but we actually got on well bc this man in front accused me of trying to get onto him just because I was moving forward in the queue. My friends started this whole thing where if I even moved an inch forward, they'd cry, "STOP, PLUMS, YOU MIGHT AS WELL GLUE YOURSELF ONTO HIM, STOP MOVING SO FAST PLS" and Scorose found it hilarious.]

I have also used Harry Potter to flirt with some guy. It was great. 😏

I uh, saw this awesome guy's snapchat story today (taylor.nikolai btw) and he was wearing a HP shirt. You have no idea how much I freaked out.

And then this kid at my church (he's like 8 months older than me and our dads are great friends) came over to my house about a year ago bc I had just gotten HP lego and even though he isn't a huge fan of HP, he wanted to help me build my lego (great dude who I hang out with at YG).

I also got chatting to the lady behind the counter at Jay Jays, pretty much the only place in Australia that sells decent HP merch (rip Jay Jays i've practically stripped them of everything HP they sell), and she could tell I'm super into HP. I swear we were talking for at least 20 min on the value of Dumbledore's actions throughout the books (best irl convo about hp that i've ever had) and that made my day.

I went to a nightclub for Halloween in my Hufflepuff robe and got into a debate with a drunk guy of why Hufflepuffs are awesome. He walked away not understanding half of what I said (because he was drunk and it was loud) Then I realised what I nerd I probably sounded like

I am the go-to person for Sortings amongst my friends. It doesn't even matter if the person is fictional or real. Plus I win all HP trivia games, and am often the definitive end to any HP-related argument.

SoooOOOooo this isn't Harry Potter related, it's How to Train Your Dragon related, but I'm hoping I'm forgiven because you're such lovely people and you pity the extent of my Dragon obsession.

I saw a car licence plate that started with EEL and my first thought was, hm, the dragons wouldn't like that!

When you need inspiration so make HP things like Molly :)

The scarves are knitted and are called Illusion Scarves. The Patterns can be found here: Dark Mark and Gryffindor

5e8uuc.jpg

inrcao.jpg

10ygbop.jpg

2i7tlzc.jpg

This is a c2c (Corner to Corner) Crochet CAL for a blanket. Pattern is here: The Harry Potter CAL!

2weho34.jpg

Ah I was once in the midst of finding a faceclaim for Lysander Scamander, and I was at my friend's sister's birthday party (she's 4) and one of her friends was a boy that looked exactly how I thought young Lysander should look like! So I kept staring at this guy and his lil' 4 year old mind probably thought I was creepy as hell, so he ran away. I have a natural gift with children, as you've probably deducted at this stage.

Today in my religion lesson, we were looking at

the inconsistent triad of the God of classical theism. There was a labelled triangle on our given sheets drawn to help 'improve our understanding' or something so of course, I turned it into the Deathly Hallows symbol 😂😂😂

My friend was sitting opposite me and had done the exact same thing, but neither of us had seen what the other had done. Great minds think alike, I suppose :D

UA-79258518-1