News Ticker

Archive Issues/Bugs

scooterbug8515

I believe that it did happen before, and the solution was just to add the story anyway, because it wouldn't actually be added to the series that showed up.

• Like 1

thanks, i've put it in the queue and i'm hoping nothing goes wrong ^_^

I'm not sure if this is a bug or a me-missing-something issue, but I'm having trouble adding a graphic to my story summary. I'm doing it the way I always have: clicking the picture-thingy, pasting the link (from imgur), and clicking "insert," but all that comes up is the little tree icon. I thought maybe the editing box was just being a crab, but the graphic doesn't show up when I preview the story, either. I've always done it this way and have never had an issue. I even tried re-uploading the image to get a fresh link, but no luck. Is there any way around this? Please and thank you! :) 

Edited by ReillyJade

What device, operating system, and browser are you using? I've only used graphics on a few stories but I know the text editor is a pain when it comes to inserting links and generally at existing. 

20 hours ago, toomanycurls said:

What device, operating system, and browser are you using? I've only used graphics on a few stories but I know the text editor is a pain when it comes to inserting links and generally at existing. 

I'm using Windows 10 and Google Chrome on my laptop. (I also tried it on Firefox; no luck!) It's always worked for me in the past so idk what's going on but it's so frustrating ? lol

So um I'm trying to upload my first non-HP story and this happened?

WL5ypea.png

You can tell I haven't published it yet in the screenshot by the 'add new story', yet I didn't think that you could add things to series until after you'd published them? And I definitely did not add this silly little ficlet to either of those series. :P I've put it in the queue, but I guess...could someone check that it's not actually in those series? I'm so sorry for this bother, I have no idea how it happened.

EDIT: it's happened with all the fics I've tried to upload so far. Weird.

Edited by facingthenorthwind

@facingthenorthwind I'm not a troubleshooting expert, but when I look in your stories that are in the queue it doesn't show them as part of a series! It might just be on your end, but the real adults will know more.

• Thanks 1

@facingthenorthwind - i think it's the same thing that happened to me - when i posted the story everything was okay with it so it seems it's just a bug when you preview it

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

so i think my latest story got double-posted somehow?

255708680_ScreenShot2018-07-14at9_24_49PM.thumb.png.4e9d5fb0134dc27450cdb641b5191a14.png

i don't want to just delete one because i'm not really sure which is the one that i submitted for real/submitted first and i don't want to lose my spot in the queue oops :ninjavanish:

It's in the queue twice right now! Not to worry though, it happens more often than you think! We'll reject the second submission when we get to it. It won't influence any possible chances to become CA later on, because when we do that, we do take into account if any rejections have been for accidentally double submitted chapters, and not count those when we check who's eligible!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Hello, my loves. :)

This is actually not important, so I'm sorry for bothering you (also, sorry if this isn't the right place to ask about this...) :couch:

I noticed that in the last couple of months my updates haven't been tweeted by the HPFT Chapter Updates account... maybe I'm wrong...

Is there something obvious that I'm missing?

Thank you for your help and sorry again for being a bother...

3 minutes ago, Felpata_Lupin said:

Hello, my loves. :)

This is actually not important, so I'm sorry for bothering you (also, sorry if this isn't the right place to ask about this...) :couch:

I noticed that in the last couple of months my updates haven't been tweeted by the HPFT Chapter Updates account... maybe I'm wrong...

Is there something obvious that I'm missing?

Thank you for your help and sorry again for being a bother...

Let me look into that. It should be picking up all new chapters and edits. <_< 

One thing that'd be helpful, next time you do an update, can you check the RSS feed and see if your story is there? http://hpfanfictalk.com/archive/rss.php

If not, then I have something wrong with the query (or worse, the code behind chapter updates/adds). If your story is there then I need to poke the IFTTT account. 

2 minutes ago, toomanycurls said:

Let me look into that. It should be picking up all new chapters and edits. <_< 

One thing that'd be helpful, next time you do an update, can you check the RSS feed and see if your story is there? http://hpfanfictalk.com/archive/rss.php

If not, then I have something wrong with the query (or worse, the code behind chapter updates/adds). If your story is there then I need to poke the IFTTT account. 

I will check next time. Thank you so much, Rose! :hug:

Hey Rose, I just edited two chapters this morning and it didn't pop up on that rss. I don't really mind since they were just edits, but you might want to check into it.

Yeah, chapter 7 of TAOBN wasn't posted on twitter either :shrugs: i didn't think much of it until i saw chiara mentioning it here

4 minutes ago, starbuck said:

Yeah, chapter 7 of TAOBN wasn't posted on twitter either :shrugs: i didn't think much of it until i saw chiara mentioning it here

Is it in the link I posted above? 

11 minutes ago, Alexis Black said:

Hey Rose, I just edited two chapters this morning and it didn't pop up on that rss. I don't really mind since they were just edits, but you might want to check into it.

Good to know!

1 hour ago, toomanycurls said:

Is it in the link I posted above? 

:hmm: nope, but the chapter was posted on october 10 and i only see stories from october 15&14 on the link (i'm still only on mobile so maybe i'm missing something)

Hey I changed something in the chapter summary for chapter 3 in I'm not a hero. It's been in the queue, but now it says that there are no stories in the queue. In my manage stories, under validated, chapter 3 has a No. Does that mean it got rejected or is there a hiccup?

I'll pm you! It needed an advisory that wasn't present!

1 hour ago, starbuck said:

:hmm: nope, but the chapter was posted on october 10 and i only see stories from october 15&14 on the link (i'm still only on mobile so maybe i'm missing something)

The rss.php page only shows items in the last 48 hours. So next time you post a new or edited chapter, check there again. ^_^

@toomanycurls I posted two new chapters tonight and there was no tweet so far. I checked the rss link and my story appears (only once, is that right?)

19 minutes ago, Felpata_Lupin said:

@toomanycurls I posted two new chapters tonight and there was no tweet so far. I checked the rss link and my story appears (only once, is that right?)

RSS.php looks at any story with a new chapter from the last 48 hours. If you have updated the story multiple updates then it changes the update time and extends how long your story stays in the rss.php page. This is where it can get weird. Let's say your last update was 10/19 @ 2 PM  and then you update again 10/20 @ 9 PM. Two updates within 48 hours cause your story to move up in the list of updates and causes the system to look at your last update time as 10/20 instead of 10/19. So if you update really close together (e.g. daily for a week) you won't get tweeted out until you've gone more than 48 hours between updates -- this is in part because your story stays in the rss.php page and the IFTTT only looks at stories that are newly added.. So if you update the same story 10/23 at 5 PM, the rss.php will add the story back to its list of newly updated stories. 

If you haven't updated the story in a while and did two updates today, then it should tweet out. Sometimes it just doesn't work because IFTTT can be unreliable. 

11 minutes ago, toomanycurls said:

RSS.php looks at any story with a new chapter from the last 48 hours. If you have updated the story multiple updates then it changes the update time and extends how long your story stays in the rss.php page. This is where it can get weird. Let's say your last update was 10/19 @ 2 PM  and then you update again 10/20 @ 9 PM. Two updates within 48 hours cause your story to move up in the list of updates and causes the system to look at your last update time as 10/20 instead of 10/19. So if you update really close together (e.g. daily for a week) you won't get tweeted out until you've gone more than 48 hours between updates -- this is in part because your story stays in the rss.php page and the IFTTT only looks at stories that are newly added.. So if you update the same story 10/23 at 5 PM, the rss.php will add the story back to its list of newly updated stories. 

Okay, I got it (I think...) so I need to wait 48 hours from the last update to see if the tweet works?

PS thank you :wub:

Edited by Felpata_Lupin

Hiya! This isn't really a major issue per se, but I thought I'd bring it up since it's happened multiple times to me. 

When I'm on Google Chrome, and I go to add an image to my story description, the box pops up to add the image, but then when I click "insert" the box doesn't go away, and the image doesn't get inserted. It does not do this when I'm in Firefox, but I just wanted to let you know that it was a weird thing happening! :shrugs: 

• Like 1

This is... a pretty low priority issue, but I've noticed that the reviews left count no longer updates. Idk if this is happening to anyone else, or like, if I hit the limit or something haha, but I've left a number of reviews in the past couple if weeks but my reviews left count has remained the same for a while. Again not really an imprtant issue but figured I'd let you know there might be a bug? Thanks!