News Ticker

Archive Issues/Bugs

scooterbug8515

Hi, this is more of a "help me" sort of post.  Is there a way for me to upload chapters into HPFT and then release them to the queue one at a time?  I have found myself with some time, and was wondering if there was a "holding" feature to allow me to prepare chapters for release.

Is that a thing?

Unfortunately, no - I'm sorry! :(

I need some help, please. I am trying to add a new story, but every time I fill everything out and choose to preview it, the story description shows that my story is part of a series that isn't even mine? I tried to do it several times, but it turns out the same every time, with the same series even, so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

That's very strange! Would you mind telling me what series it is and what happens when you post it despite that?

The series is called Darkest Before Dawn , but I posted the story and it came out normal without the series issue. Not sure why it popped up in preview though.

Huh! That's really odd. Let me know if it happens again?

Hey!  I wasn't sure where to post this as I wasn't sure if it was part of the account glitches going on here on the forums, but I think I've found the right place.

I've been having the same problem that manno has.  I told Laura/Aph about it yesterday - I tried to put a new story in the queue, and everything works fine until I preview it and it says that the story is part of dreamgazer's Darkest Before Dawn series.  I'm still logged in as me when this happens, and it says the story is by me, but I can't work out where to change the series, as it doesn't seem to be coming up in any of the options when you upload the story?

I have cleared my cache and tried again today, but it's saying the same thing.  I'm wondering whether there's a way to change it/for staff to change it/whether I'll get in trouble for adding my story to someone else's series? :P I don't want to not post to the archives but I also don't want to mess things up for someone else's series or whatever...

Guest pookha

I've had a few people having this issue with the series. If it happens, we (the validators) can edit it does. We'll keep an eye out, but it it does happen and we miss it, just PM one of us and we'll fix it. pookha, treacletart or aphoride are your validators.

Sian - I've had that, but when I go into the story to edit it later (and see if the series is still listed) it's not aligned with any series. So I wonder if it's a bug associated with the preview page rather than actually affecting the story.

I also had this problem too, when I uploaded my last one-shot. It was there in the preview, but not when it got validated so definitely think it may have more to do with the preview page.

Guest Tanda

Hi! Thank you staffers for managing all for us.

I posted a new story that contains violence, like Bellatrix did something to Hermione, I forgot adding advisory, 'violence' at first and it was rejected then, I added it. But it seems that my second try is not in the queue for validators. I can see the story on my author page with the added advisory.

In that case, do I need to delete the first submission and  resubmit it again?

Hey there!

So I recently posted a review for each of my fellow staffers on the archive.  <3  However, when I checked out my account, under "Your Reviews" only one of them is listed.  I went to each author's page to confirm that I had actually left the review — and signed it.  And yes, each review is signed by me, but they don't show up when I look at my account.  So, I thought I'd post the issue here and see if it's something that can be sorted out.

Thanks!

Hey there!

So I recently posted a review for each of my fellow staffers on the archive.  <3  However, when I checked out my account, under "Your Reviews" only one of them is listed.  I went to each author's page to confirm that I had actually left the review — and signed it.  And yes, each review is signed by me, but they don't show up when I look at my account.  So, I thought I'd post the issue here and see if it's something that can be sorted out.

Thanks!

I think that they are all listed under your reviews - unfortunately, right now our reviews are ordered chronologically by the last time the story was updated rather than when you left them, so they're scattered around the page. I'm sorry - ideally, that wouldn't be the case, but there's not a super easy fix for it.

I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but is there a way to unselect something when creating a story shell? So I have an advisory selected on a story that it doesn't need and now I can't unselect it without clicking on something else.

I posted this here because maybe there could be a "no advisories" selection so if this is something that happens and i'm not just failing and this is an issue, that could be a way to close that loop.

:-\ :-\ :-\ ???

Hold CTRL and click what's selected again. :)

So I'm not sure if this is a known thing or not, but whenever I try to leave a blank line in a series summary it adds 'rn' to it like this:

Example Text

rn

More Example Text

rn

It only happens in the series summaries, no where else and even if I don't space out the lines it still adds it :/

Just wanted to mention a couple things that I noticed when I uploaded a new(ish) story

The tag for Marauder's era seemed to be missing (unless I'm just blind and missed it)

My story shell had a series listed that wasn't mine as I have no series currently on the site.--this has disappeared so it's all good :)

So I'm not sure if this is a known thing or not, but whenever I try to leave a blank line in a series summary it adds 'rn' to it like this:

Example Text

rn

More Example Text

rn

It only happens in the series summaries, no where else and even if I don't space out the lines it still adds it :/

We're looking into fixing this - thank you!

Just wanted to mention a couple things that I noticed when I uploaded a new(ish) story

The tag for Marauder's era seemed to be missing (unless I'm just blind and missed it)

My story shell had a series listed that wasn't mine as I have no series currently on the site.--this has disappeared so it's all good :)

Any stories set in that era should be put under the 'First Wizarding War' era. :)

hey, i'm currently transferring over stories and i've noticed that in the character list, the only ones available are:

• magical creature

• original character

• original female character

• original male character

the same issue is happening if i try to edit a different story i already have up too :)

There's a simple solution to that. Follow these instructions:

1. Start over.

2. Click Harry Potter Universe and then click the little arrow to the right of it. Harry Potter Universe should then show up under selected categories.

3. Then double click on the era that you'd like and it should show up under selected categories.

If you forget to send the Harry Potter Universe tag over to selected categories, the character list doesn't show up.

If you're still having problems after you've tried that, let me know. :)

Hello! I seem to have lost my story. It was validated yesterday; all fine. I noticed a few bits of errant grammar last night, so I edited these bits and sent it for re-validating (waiting atm) ... but now the story shell is totally empty.

Is that normal - i.e. should the chapter disappear completely when it's gone for re-validation? I thought the unedited version remained until the new one had been validated, which then replaced it? Or have I killed it somehow?

When a chapter is edited it is gone until validated again. Our file system is pretty simple with just one file for each chapter and to have edits stay visible while they're being validated, I'd have to redo the entire file management system for chapters and... it would be a large and risky change to make to the archives.

That's fine :) I just wanted to make sure I hadn't done anything ridiculous!

Just transferring some stories and the story shell is automatically adding this in: "Series: Darkest Before Dawn, Darkest Before Dawn (Dawn)" - How do you remove this?