HPFanficTalk
  • Announcements

• abhorsen.

Announcing... Teams Gorgon and Griffin!   12/14/2017

Your third and final snowball fight is just just over a day away, and your special team common rooms are now open in the Courtyard! For this fight, Hufflepuff and Slytherin will form team Gorgon, while Gryffindor and Ravenclaw will form team Griffin! The official topics in your common rooms will unlock tomorrow, but you're very welcome to use the space now to decide on a strategy, ask the staff for clarification on any rules, and just get to know each other if you don't already.
scooterbug8515

Archive Issues/Bugs

Thank you, Branwen and the other staffers for caring us.

(As English is not my mother tongue, I can't help for validating, I'm wondering what I can help is to check if there are any spams on the other author's works from now and post them here? ) 

Edited by StarFeather

So now I keep getting a notification that I have a new review, but when I click the link to see it, there's not one there.  Is this just because they are more spam reviews and staff are now finding them and deleting them before I see them?

15 hours ago, StarFeather said:

Thank you, Branwen and the other staffers for caring us.

(As English is not my mother tongue, I can't help for validating, I'm wondering what I can help is to check if there are any spams on the other author's works from now and post them here? ) 

:wub:  You're welcome!

If you see any spam reviews (or spam accounts), you can definitely post the links here, and we'll get rid of them asap. ^_^  Don't worry about searching them out, though - there are so many reviews on the site, and I'm not sure that very many are spam at this point.

2 hours ago, 1917farmgirl said:

So now I keep getting a notification that I have a new review, but when I click the link to see it, there's not one there.  Is this just because they are more spam reviews and staff are now finding them and deleting them before I see them?

That's really odd! I haven't been finding/deleting them - I'm not sure if the other archive staffers have (@Aphoride, @BellaLestrange87, @Ineke, correct me if I'm wrong!). Is it possible that it's a delayed notification from the spam reviews you'd gotten?

• Like 1

I haven't been deleting any of them so it's a bit odd... Unless Laura or Olivia did, of course.

It's not a delayed notification because the ones I got before, I clicked on them and actually saw the spam reviews in French.  There were like five of them, which I then reported here and you guys took care of.  Since then I've gotten notifications for about 10 more reviews (different stories or chapters than before) and I click on the link and nothing is there.  It's been going on for a while now.  I just assumed you guys had figured out how to delete them very quickly so by the time I clicked the notification, the review was gone.  But if it's not you guys, I'm even more confused.  And bummed, because getting constant notifications that you have reviews only to find out they are spam or worse, don't exist, is a bummer.  LOL.

Edit: Actually the spam reviews are still there, so I guess you haven't deleted them yet.  But still, the new notifications have been for entirely different stories, and I click and there's no review once I follow the link.  

So, how do I get the spam ones deleted again?

Edited by 1917farmgirl

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

UA-79258518-1