HPFanficTalk
abhorsen.

Archive Wish List

1 hour ago, Stella Blue said:

I have a couple of questions - I think the first one was raised once before but I can't remember.

1) Is it possible to have the reviews you've left show chronologically (like on HPFF)? As is, when I click on the "reviews I've left", they're in some sort of order that I can't figure out, clumped by story, but the one on top is a story I reviewed over a year ago. I'd love to be able to see the most recent reviews I've left on top because I often enjoy reading people's responses, and as it is now, I can never find the reviews I've left, unless I were to specifically search the forums for each story.

2) When adding a new story: I'd love for the ships drop-down menu to be specific to fandom, like the character list is. Right now there's a lot of ships to sort through that often don't pertain to the fandom selected.

Thank you so much!

#1. I can look into that. I'm pretty annoyed with how that page renders too. 

#2. I think we had it set up like that but people were annoyed because they didn't always have the right fandoms selected to show all the right ships. :/ I'll work with @abhorsen. to see if we can work on a better way to do that. 

38 minutes ago, Dojh167 said:

I thought I posted this somewhere before, but it's not here so I must've posted it in the wrong place or dreamed it  :couch:

When browsing stories, the "sort by" options are by date and alphabetically. I would love to be able to sort by story length. 

So, I recall this being brought up. Maybe you PMed to someone who told me (or :couch: PMed me and I haven't worked on it). You can filter by Story Type which gets you the general length but not a hard sort on word count. I'll look into how difficult that sorting is to do. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/6/2017 at 2:01 PM, toomanycurls said:
On 12/6/2017 at 1:17 PM, Dojh167 said:

I thought I posted this somewhere before, but it's not here so I must've posted it in the wrong place or dreamed it  :couch:

When browsing stories, the "sort by" options are by date and alphabetically. I would love to be able to sort by story length. 

So, I recall this being brought up. Maybe you PMed to someone who told me (or :couch: PMed me and I haven't worked on it). You can filter by Story Type which gets you the general length but not a hard sort on word count. I'll look into how difficult that sorting is to do. 

@Dojh167 -- I looked into this and it's pretty messy. Each iteration of the search result sorting/filtering references a different page with another page giving the sort by options. It's a tangled mess and will take a lot of time/effort to fully unwind. 

• Thanks 1

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

UA-79258518-1