Welcome to HPFT

We are a multi-fandom/original fiction community with roots in the Harry Potter fandom community. We strive to maintain a strong focus on author feedback and inclusive writing. Here on the forums, you can join a house and participate in House Cup events, participate in writing challenges, play games, and much more!
Join the Forums

Check out the Archives

HPFT has a moderated multi-fandom/original fiction archive with an unlimited queue. There you can post your writing, as well as read and review other members' writing. Be sure to stop by and check out our latest featured stories!
Join the Archives

Find us on Social Media

HPFT is active on social media. You can find us and many members busily tweeting on Twitter, join us for livestreams on YouTube, check out aesthetics on Instagram, get sneak peeks on Snapchat, and interact on Tumblr! All our social media links can be found below.
News Ticker
  • See the May Bulletin for archive rule/advisory changes.
  • See our badges forum for more details about our new badges system!
  • The Review Transfer Tool is now ready for use.
  • Announcements

• abhorsen.

May Bulletin   05/01/2018

May's bulletin is up, with all kinds of interesting information (including a tool to mass transfer all reviews you received on HPFF to HPFT's archive). You can check it out +here.
    • toomanycurls

Annual Member Survey   05/09/2018

Please take a moment to fill out the annual member survey before May 31st.  
abhorsen.

Archive Wish List

toomanycurls
1 hour ago, Stella Blue said:

I have a couple of questions - I think the first one was raised once before but I can't remember.

1) Is it possible to have the reviews you've left show chronologically (like on HPFF)? As is, when I click on the "reviews I've left", they're in some sort of order that I can't figure out, clumped by story, but the one on top is a story I reviewed over a year ago. I'd love to be able to see the most recent reviews I've left on top because I often enjoy reading people's responses, and as it is now, I can never find the reviews I've left, unless I were to specifically search the forums for each story.

2) When adding a new story: I'd love for the ships drop-down menu to be specific to fandom, like the character list is. Right now there's a lot of ships to sort through that often don't pertain to the fandom selected.

Thank you so much!

#1. I can look into that. I'm pretty annoyed with how that page renders too. 

#2. I think we had it set up like that but people were annoyed because they didn't always have the right fandoms selected to show all the right ships. :/ I'll work with @abhorsen. to see if we can work on a better way to do that. 

38 minutes ago, Dojh167 said:

I thought I posted this somewhere before, but it's not here so I must've posted it in the wrong place or dreamed it  :couch:

When browsing stories, the "sort by" options are by date and alphabetically. I would love to be able to sort by story length. 

So, I recall this being brought up. Maybe you PMed to someone who told me (or :couch: PMed me and I haven't worked on it). You can filter by Story Type which gets you the general length but not a hard sort on word count. I'll look into how difficult that sorting is to do. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Recent Badges

toomanycurls
On 12/6/2017 at 2:01 PM, toomanycurls said:
On 12/6/2017 at 1:17 PM, Dojh167 said:

I thought I posted this somewhere before, but it's not here so I must've posted it in the wrong place or dreamed it  :couch:

When browsing stories, the "sort by" options are by date and alphabetically. I would love to be able to sort by story length. 

So, I recall this being brought up. Maybe you PMed to someone who told me (or :couch: PMed me and I haven't worked on it). You can filter by Story Type which gets you the general length but not a hard sort on word count. I'll look into how difficult that sorting is to do. 

@Dojh167 -- I looked into this and it's pretty messy. Each iteration of the search result sorting/filtering references a different page with another page giving the sort by options. It's a tangled mess and will take a lot of time/effort to fully unwind. 

• Thanks 1

Recent Badges

just.a.willow.tree

Hi, I have a few things that I'd like to see. I don't know how difficult it is to add these, though. ^_^ 

1. Lists of all winners for the F.R.O.G.S. awards, in an easily accessible spot. Right now, I know there's a list somewhere, but I have to dig through the forums to find it. I just want to be able to read through all the past winners a little more conveniently.

2. Advanced search engine, maybe under the "Browse" option at the top of the archives? The search engine was super helpful for me to pick out which stories I wanted to read during the Winter Wonderland, and so I'd like to be able to use it to find new stories. I lost the link to it, though, and I don't know where to find it. :P 

And this one is purely due to my obsessive formatting habits:

3. Would it be possible for the "Story Summary" to appear only on the title page of the story, with the table of contents and stuff? Right now, the story summary also appears in the first chapter, and I'd like to be able to include a story summary for things that may not fit in the actual summary, without it cluttering up the first chapter. (Though I realize this is sort of a ridiculous request, so feel free to just ignore this haha.)

toomanycurls
1 hour ago, just.a.willow.tree said:

1. Lists of all winners for the F.R.O.G.S. awards, in an easily accessible spot. Right now, I know there's a list somewhere, but I have to dig through the forums to find it. I just want to be able to read through all the past winners a little more conveniently.

Probably easy to make and link so somewhere. 

2. Advanced search engine, maybe under the "Browse" option at the top of the archives? The search engine was super helpful for me to pick out which stories I wanted to read during the Winter Wonderland, and so I'd like to be able to use it to find new stories. I lost the link to it, though, and I don't know where to find it. :P

I tried (unsuccessfully) to make this appear in the top navigation for the archive. I'll see if I can stick a link in under browse :shifty: 

3. Would it be possible for the "Story Summary" to appear only on the title page of the story, with the table of contents and stuff? Right now, the story summary also appears in the first chapter, and I'd like to be able to include a story summary for things that may not fit in the actual summary, without it cluttering up the first chapter. (Though I realize this is sort of a ridiculous request, so feel free to just ignore this haha.)

I know this is possible :P The read story page is rather complicated (if I'm thinking of the right php file) and I'm not sure how I feel about taking it out atm because those queries are really fragile and sometimes very hard to pull apart. 

• Like 1

Recent Badges

Alopex
On 1/23/2018 at 10:35 PM, just.a.willow.tree said:

Someone made a FROGS page on the archive, and I have put a link in the main menu.

On 1/23/2018 at 10:35 PM, just.a.willow.tree said:

I put a search button in the menu.  It takes you to the simple search, but you can then click the advanced search link there.  Unfortunately, the way the menus are set up, doing a sub-menu is beyond my capabilities.

• Thanks 3

Recent Badges

just.a.willow.tree

Would it be possible to delete our responses to reviews, so that I can re-type it? This is the silliest reason ever but I have a formatting issue I want to fix in one of them. :P 

toomanycurls
28 minutes ago, just.a.willow.tree said:

Would it be possible to delete our responses to reviews, so that I can re-type it? This is the silliest reason ever but I have a formatting issue I want to fix in one of them. :P 

Probably not easily. Responses to reviews are amended to the review itself (instead of being two entries in the database or two columns. If you send me the review and what you'd like to change in the response I can go into the database and update your response. 

• Thanks 2

Recent Badges

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.