News Ticker

Archive Wish List

abhorsen.

this is probably complicated but it doesn't hurt to have it be on the wish list :P i'd love to be able to organise stories on my ap in a way that i want them to be displayed, regardless off when they were updated or their alphabetical order (and that they're displayed in that way to other people as well)

Edited by grumpy cat
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

here's your resident archive wish list gremlin :P

in the future when there's time to add new options to the archive/code them, is there a way to have a 'disable reviews' feature?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I forgot to post it here buuuut it'd be super cool if we could get a field in the story shell/chapter where we can enter the link to our podfics! :)

• Like 6

• 2 months later...

This is closely related to the recent convo in the Ask a Staffer thread RE: tweets for new stories -

It would be fab if there could be a box to check on the chapter update form that indicates a small edit that should not cause the story to show as newly updated (which maybe could also prevent the automated tweets). Is that possible?

Apart from it seeming inaccurate to tweet those edits as new updates, it's kind of frustrating for story awards and knowing which stories are actually from within the last year. Maybe we could have separate dates for "last new chapter" and "last edit"? I have no idea how the coding works so forgive me if this is a huge ask. ❤️ 

EDIT

Another possibility could be to have a field to indicated "Marked complete on (date)" so that at least for story awards it would be easier to avoid stories that were actually finished years before.

Edited by MuggleMaybe
  • Like 5

• 3 months later...

so this is not entirely archive wish list related as such, but Paula just posted a link to a bunch of statistics which AO3 release every year, breaking down which pairings are most popular, whether they're lgbtqa+ relationships, include poc characters, etc. it would be really cool if we could have something similar? especially, imo, in light of recent discussions around diversity and inclusivity - it would help, perhaps, to see where we are inclusive as a site and where we are less so? 

plus, stats are just kinda fun :P

but this is very much a 'would be great to have' rather than anything else - i have no idea how easy/feasible it would be to put something like this together and appreciate it would be a lot of effort! ^_^ 

• Like 3

I got an interesting request from a reader in a Reddit comment thread. They asked if there's a way to enable ePub download on HPFT.

• Like 1

On 8/4/2020 at 2:34 AM, Aphoride said:

so this is not entirely archive wish list related as such, but Paula just posted a link to a bunch of statistics which AO3 release every year, breaking down which pairings are most popular, whether they're lgbtqa+ relationships, include poc characters, etc.

in my extremely unofficial capacity i am just pointing out that ao3 did not release these! it's a project done by an ao3 user using publicly-available data, the archive volunteers had nothing to do with it. (but it would be extremely cool to have that kind of data available to us on hpft so some industrious soul could collate it, yes.)

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

This seems like it would be wildly difficult, but I've always wanted a hide story button - as in I don't want to delete it, but I don't want it to appear on my AP unless I unhide it. Possible or impossible?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TidalDragon said:

This seems like it would be wildly difficult, but I've always wanted a hide story button - as in I don't want to delete it, but I don't want it to appear on my AP unless I unhide it. Possible or impossible?

It’s already a feature! Account Info> Manage Stories>Hide!

• Love 1

😑

Thanks!