HPFanficTalk
800 words of heaven

800 words of heaven's Reviews

WELCOME

I've been out of the HPFT community for a while (legit just lurked when we first opened up, so arguably, I was never in the community), so I thought a good way to get back into the swing of things, and get to know all you lovely people was to start reviewing again! So come on in, don't be shy! Come say hi (and request a review, too)!

RULES

• I'll have TWO (2) slots open at a time
  • I'll review Harry Potter stories only
  • For multi-chapter fics, I'll take requests one chapter at a time, starting from the beginning
  • Re-requests are welcome :)
  • Please acknowledge my review in some fashion before re-requesting, even if it's just dropping me a quick PM
  • I'll review on AO3, FF, and HPFF
  • Please tell me where you want the review to be posted. If you don't, I won't know where to go SO HOW WILL I PRAISE YOU?
  • I think that's it for now. If something else comes up, I'll be sure to let y'all know

REQUEST FORM

Story and Author Name, including link:

Warnings and Advisories:

Genre

Length:

Summary:

Ships:

Areas of Concern:

That's all, folks! Request away!

Hi :)

Story and Author Name, including link: The Joker and Her by Illuminate, 15+ http://archive.hpfanfictalk.com/viewstory.php?sid=341

Warnings and Advisories: Mild Language, Mild Violence, Scenes of a Mild Sexual Nature, Sensitive Topic/Issue/Theme.

Genre Drama, Romance, Angst.

Length: Novel, complete, on HPFT just the one chapter validated so far. On HPFF (link under my name, also 15+) all chapters are there.

Summary: Since her mother was killed, grief and pain have become the biggest part of Brienne's world. Unable to come to terms with her death, Brienne blindly jumps into the world of Hogwarts School, where she encounters matchmakers, red-headed pranksters, very disturbing dreams and - hopefully - the answer to the ultimate question: Who killed her beloved mother?

Ships: GeorgexOC, AngelinaxFred.

Areas of Concern: Is it a good opening, do you feel compelled to continue, any other observations?

Please and thank you! :D

OOOOH A SHINY NEW REVIEW THREAD!

Story and Author Name, including link: (M) The Great Tale of Me, Lyra Malfoy

Warnings and Advisories:Contains profanity, Strong violence, Scenes of a sexual nature, Substance abuse, Sensitive topic/issue/theme.

Genre: Humour and LGBTQA+

Length: Chapter One is 1860 words, but so far the story is 18,000 words.

Summary:Hi, I'm Lyra Saige Malfoy! You recognized the last name (I tried and failed to pretend I was adopted). As you can probably imagine, being a Malfoy is dreadfully hard work. From warding off weird stares to dealing with your brother and his boyfriend snogging at the breakfast table, things get tough. Which is why I resort to my Gryffindor spirit, and brave it out. Let's just hope things don't fall to pieces!

Ships: James II/OC, OC/OC, Scorpius/Albus, other pairings.

Areas of Concern: This first chapter is very introductory, so you don't need to focus too much on any dynamics. But I'd love some comments on characterization and humour.

Thanks!  :)

Illuminate - I've reviewed the first two chapters of The Joker and Her all the way back in 2013 (a long time ago, I know). Feel free to request for chapter 3, though!

Lily - your review is all done :) But the link you gave me didn't work - took me to an empty site.

As a heads up to everyone, I'm not reviewing on HPFT - YET. When that changes, I'll let y'all know!

TWO (2) SLOTS OPEN.

Oh gosh, so sorry! I'm glad you found it anyway.

Well, since you seemed to like the first chapter I'm here to re-request!

I hope that this is an okay re-request form!

Story Name, Link, and Author: The Great Tale of Me, Lyra Malfoy by ImaRavenclaw (ugly link just to be safe) (M) http://www.harrypotterfanfiction.com/viewstory2.php?chapterid=524347&i=1

Warnings and Advisories Contains profanity, Strong violence, Scenes of a sexual nature, Substance abuse, Sensitive topic/issue/theme.

Length: 1385 words

Areas of Concern: Just characterization and my humour. Any little grammar or spelling errors you find are cool too.

Hi :) Do you have an open slot at the moment? ;)

I have two one-shots I would love to get some feedback on - quite different the two, so I thought to leave the choice up to you

Author Name: DossyVilja

Story Title and link: Prophecy Misinterpreted

http://www.harrypotterfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?chapterid=526868

Warnings and Advisories: 12+

Genre: General, Mystery, Action/Adventure

Length: 2760 words

Summary: This story unfolds around a prophecy by Cassandra Vablatsky in the 1960s, warning about the rise of a Dark Lord. Action is taken by the actual Minister for Magic, however by the end of the story we all realize that the warning was deadly misinterpreted.

Ships: None

Areas of Concern: This is my first ever fanfic, and I am eager to hear any feedback. (Plus I'm not native in English, so I'm extra worried how well the whole thing reads...)

Author Name: DossyVilja

Story Title and link: Play harmless

http://www.harrypotterfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?chapterid=527023

Warnings and Advisories: 12+

Genre: General, Romance

Length: 900 words

Summary: Two minutes is a long time for reflections.

Ships: Hannah Abbott − Neville Longbottom

Areas of Concern: Shortly after my first ff, my first time writing romance - any comments welcome. I also intended both stores to be consistent with canon, so any anomalies spotted in this direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance! And you may just leave the review at HPFF using the review box :)

UA-79258518-1