Welcome to HPFT

We are a multi-fandom/original fiction community with roots in the Harry Potter fandom community. We strive to maintain a strong focus on author feedback and inclusive writing. Here on the forums, you can join a house and participate in House Cup events, participate in writing challenges, play games, and much more!

Join the Forums

Check out the Archives

HPFT has a moderated multi-fandom/original fiction archive with an unlimited queue. There you can post your writing, as well as read and review other members' writing. Be sure to stop by and check out our latest featured stories!

Join the Archives

Find us on Social Media

HPFT is active on social media. You can find us and many members busily tweeting on Twitter, join us for livestreams on YouTube, check out aesthetics on Instagram, get sneak peeks on Snapchat, and interact on Tumblr! All our social media links can be found below.

News Ticker
  • Check out the new badges we have available.
  • Why did Professor Snape stand in the middle of the road?
  • So you'll never know which side he's on.
WriteYourHeartOut

The 100

WriteYourHeartOut

The 100

2iQ7F7x.png

I watched Season One of The 100 awhile back, before Season Two had even made it to Netflix, and recently I started rewatching it again in an effort to try catching up. So while I'm surely further behind than the majority of fans, I am very much into it again at the moment.

In my opinion, the acting is... mediocre at best, but the plot is what keeps me coming back for more. So what do you think? Favorite characters? Favorites episodes? And should we talk Bellarke? Cause. Love.

WriteYourHeartOut

The 100

2iQ7F7x.png

I watched Season One of The 100 awhile back, before Season Two had even made it to Netflix, and recently I started rewatching it again in an effort to try catching up. So while I'm surely further behind than the majority of fans, I am very much into it again at the moment.

In my opinion, the acting is... mediocre at best, but the plot is what keeps me coming back for more. So what do you think? Favorite characters? Favorites episodes? And should we talk Bellarke? Cause. Love.

Lost Muse

I'm a newly turned fan of the 100. I finished binge-watching all 3 seasons last month. While I enjoyed season 1, I think they improved heaps (both in terms of plot & acting) in seasons 2 and 3. I'm super excited for season 4 and where they go from the exciting (and dangerously worrying) turn of events at the end of season 3.

BELLARKE IS LIFE. I absolutely am waiting for this ship to set sail. I loved the background, chemistry, and the build up Bellamy and Clarke got. I'm really hope things move ahead in the romance side, but also a little scared that things will end badly, so I just hope whatever direction their relationship takes, they both make it out alive with at least their friendship intact.

I love how the characters have come such a long way since we first saw them and I adore how the show continuously keeps you questioning their as well as your own morals. It's very interesting to be immersed in the show!

zephyra.

I love the 100. I've never read the books but the show makes me want to. I live for Bellarke moments. I love how the characters have developed on the show. I'm so mad at them for killing off certain amazing characters. Clarke, Bellamy, Octavia, Raven, Monty, and Murphy are my favorite characters. I'm so excited for the next season after last seasons cliff hanger.

ImaRavenclaw

I only started watching, and so far I really like it. I'm wanting to read the books but am waiting to finished the 60 something I have to read, (including thirty I'm reading at the same time) yes I am related to Hermione. I agree with Tanya on the acting, but the plot is phenomenal!

banshee

I really like this show!

I love Clarke. I think she's so well written and Eliza Taylor=heart eyes. I think it's so awesome that CW wrote a canon bisexual character and that they don't shy away from it. I think all of the characters are great and I really like the ensemble cast and separate-but-together storylines that everyone has.

SEriously, spoiler:

The big old white elephant in the fandom is Lexa's death in the newest season. The 'bury your gays' trope is an awful thing in fandoms/shows and I find it very hard to believe that a supposedly progressive show 'didn't know' about that before they decided to kill her instead of just letting Alycia have the chance of coming back, even if Clarke would move on from her storyline. Eliza just looked SO disheartened at comic con when they talked about Lexa not returning.

That had to be said. But, let's see. I only read the first book, and I hated it. It's REALLY hard for me to hate a book. Even books that are generally disliked on reviews (which I don't really tend to read because they ruin books for me), I usually mostly like. I just could not stand the writing, I found it kind of sexist, tbh and

SERIOUSLY YOU'RE TELLING ME GUY DOOMED THE ENTIRE HUMAN RACE B/C GIRL WAS GONNA DIE. PLEASE STOP. PLEASE.

Yeah tldr would not recommend the books, LOVE the show.

MadiMalfoy

I agree with banshee about the books - I have the first 3 that are out, but they are really not worth it. Very typical young adult angsty romance drama, aka none of the gritty stuff we see on the TV show. If that's your thing, then go for it, but I found it disappointing after reading them after watching the first two seasons.

NOW, for my main reason of posting, Episode 4x01 which aired last night!!

Roan and Clarke working together because even though he is really focused on getting what is best for his people, he realizes the stake that everyone has if the world is going to end in six months time. This is great character development and juxtaposition between him and Echo. Echo doesn't listen to what Skaikru is even saying, she just wants to rule.

ALSO THE BELLARKE IS ALREADY STRONG <3 Not romantically, by any means, but their friendship is seriously cemented in the last few episodes of season 3 and it is continued here. Bellamy talks about having to protect her life and calls her "Princess" and they do the little head nods to each other when talking about big info (aka the plot of the season)

So anyway, I'm excited for the rest of the season!! I really hope the writers did a good job with intertwining all of these characters and clans and plots together to create a cohesive story with many subplots running all the time that only improve it versus make it break down.

zephyra.

I went on netflix and rewatched all three seasons so I would be prepared for the new season. I want to know how they're going to pull of getting out the impending doom. Bellarke makes me so happy. I really hope they become closer this season even if it isn't romantically.

I miss Lexa but I'm hoping Roan will be a great king for everyone. So far he's doing a good job. I'm worried about Echo because like MadiMalfoy said, she seems to just want to take over everything and rule herself. I'm hoping that everyone will follow Roan but I'm pretty sure someone is going to attempt to kill him. Especially after the preview for the next episode. I mean it wouldn't be the 100 if there wasn't atleast an attempt at murder.

This is seriously one of my favorite shows though. The plot and the characters are great. Also I just really want Raven and Jasper to be happy again.

I might pick up the books one day just to see for myself how they are but if they aren't like the show then I'm not sure if I'll enjoy them. I've seen alot of people say they only cared about the Bellarke moments that were in the books but not the actual story itself.

dirigibleplums

I've recently gotten back into the 100 after a long break. I remember feeling like s2 was letting me down after the constant action in s1 and I briefly lost interest in s3 but I'm back!

The thing I love most about it is that it's so... gritty. Like these characters are people who want to be good, who were once innocent and naive, but the situation they're in means that there is no distinct line between good and bad. Sure, there are things that throws up a red flag even for them

The butchering of those 300 grounders for example

but it's fascinating what lengths they'll go to in order to save their people.

That's what's so fascinating about Clarke for me. She starts off as the princess, the medic's daughter who wants to save lives and is out of her depth in such a brutal world. And she ends up killing everyone in Mt. Weather to save her own people, ends up getting the name Wanheda.

And now she's sacrificed the chance for everyone to be safe in the City of Light - which I backed, don't get me wrong - knowing that she's probably condemned them all to die if she doesn't beat the clock and find a way out of their situation.

Honestly, her character development is just great.

Of course, I can't comment without saying anything about Bellarke. Honestly, I love this ship in every form. I love the partnership the two have, the way they rely on each other for strength, the instinctive camaraderie between them. I think this is one of the few ships I have that transcends mere romance. They genuinely have something strong between them.

But I would like the romance to come around 😜

MadiMalfoy

Guys can we please talk about that season finale?!?!

sihaya

YES!

Gosh I haven't been so excited for the show for ages, I thought season 3 was kind of a hot mess and I haven't forgiven them for certain things (almost stopped watching altogether tbh), and season 4 has been a bit hit and miss (every time I start getting on board they seem to take short cuts with characterisation for plot reasons, see Luna) but I can't wait for next season now.

I think they have a really great opportunity for a full reset now and I hope they take full advantage and do some good things with it. I'm so interested to see where everyone is six years later, I have so many questions. I have a feeling that Bellamy might be coming down with a kid, I just think it would be perfect now that Clarke has an adopted nightblood for both of those two leaders to shift their thinking from "how do we save us" to "how do we save our kids & create a safer world for them".

clevernotbrilliant

Ok, y'all this season was so wild. I was almost done after last season but they got their act together soooo quickly. This was so much closer to what we had in season one, plus I love that Murphy, Monty, and Raven got so much screen time.

Ok, but what this season has done for me is completely change how I sorted Jaha.

Thelonius Jaha from the CW’s The 100 is nothing if not a controversial character so it would make sense that there may be a divide in his Sortings. I’ve seen a bunch of things that sort him as a Hufflepuff, which is fair, but especially after this last season, there’s no doubt in my mind that he’s a stone cold Slytherin (and I mean that in a not negative way). He starts off very Hufflepuff like, but even before the series started, he was the one to approve the mission to send 100 kids down to Earth to find out if it was habitable, one of which was his own son. He also almost killed the entire human race on the Earth in order to further his quest for the City of Light, going as far as killing people if they did not fall in line with his plan. Some of the ambition was due to the chip in his head, but his entire plot in season three revolved around searching for this salvation and he stopped at absolutely nothing to get what he wanted. In season four, he actually chose to steal a bunker that would save all of humanity because he didn’t want to share it with everyone else. He was willing to sacrifice thousands of people for his own agenda even if it was in the name of his people. Jaha is only interested in what he wants and he is willing to do anything to get what he wants with no exceptions whatsoever.

dreamgazer220

Okay I binge-watched all 4 seasons in the span of a month, so I'm here with some rambling feelings. :loveshower:

I've honestly never been so hooked on a show or even its main characters (I usually love minor ones), so for me to root for them is big.  I love all the surviving original 100, and of course I ship Bellarke.  But like Plums said, I love them not just for their obvious love for one another, but their respect, partnership, trust, and friendship.  They rely on each other and know they have each other's backs, even when they don't agree. They are true equals -- Abby even said for them to take care of each other, not for Bellamy to take care of Clarke or vice versa. Not to mention their chemistry jumps out on the screen.

I've officially sorted Bellamy as a Gryffindor (though maybe a Gryffinpuff) and Clarke as a Slytherin. Raven and Monty are Ravenclaws (and I love them so much! <3), and tbh, I'm not sure where to sort Murphy. I love his character though, he really keeps you guessing. Octavia is another champ that I adore (Gryffindor?). I can't wait to see her in her new role in S5.

Oh, and can't forget about Kane and Abby -- they're seriously the best! Kane used to drive me crazy until season 2, but then his character growth. Just. All the characters on the show are amazing. :wub: (Even the ones you love to hate.)

Overall, fantastic show and definitely looking forward to next season! The trailer is out and I already can't wait for January. :yay:

Edited by dreamgazer220

clevernotbrilliant

Okay, so Jill and I have been talking about this on an off for the past couple weeks and I think I am finally completely convinced on what House Clarke would be in at Hogwarts. (Putting under a spoiler just in case)

Spoiler

Okay, so I've been divided on this for a while, but I'm now convinced that Clarke is primarily a Slytherin with some leanings towards Gryffindor as a secondary. She's singlemindedly focused on what she wants above all else, even if it may hurt other people in the meantime. That doesn't necessarily mean that she's selfish, as most of the time she's focused solely on saving her people *cough*Bellamy*cough*, but she definitely does not mind forcing things around to get her way. For example, she defends her decision to let Mount Weather bomb TonDc, even though it resulted in the death of so many, because it furthered the goals of saving her own people. It may have been Lexa's idea, but Clarke backed her up when she knew that it was for the sake of her people. Similarly, Clarke was willing to lock out thousands of people from the bunker just so she could save her people. She was willingly (even if it was just a second) to shoot Bellamy in order to protect them. Nothing matters to Clarke more than her people and there is nothing she wouldn't do to help them.

While that does sound very Gryffindor-esque (hence the Gryffindor secondary), the way that Clarke goes about it falls into the Sytherin category, at least to me. Her moves are more calculated than spur of the moment and she takes her Gryffindor loyalty to a new level with her conscious decisions to put her own people above others. Nothing is off limits to Clarke when it comes to protecting those she cares about.

Thoughts?

cat!

Hi hello yes I have lots of thoughts on t100 character sortings. I use the sorting hat chats system (+here on tumblr {m probably}) which assigns a primary (motivation) and secondary (methods) house for each character. So Hermione is a Gryffindor primary, because she believes that friendship and bravery are the most important things, but a Ravenclaw primary, because her first action when everything happens is to go to the library and research. Description of what each house means for primary and secondary under the spoiler to save space :P

Spoiler

Gryffindor: Primary is motivated by upholding a universal moral/ethical/etc code (Must Do The Right Thing Always, and you just know what the right thing is. Secondary is the act now think later, facing problems head on, bold, brash, etc. 

Ravenclaw: Primary is motivated by upholding a moral/ethical/etc code, but the 'Claw Primary has to figure that out for themselves- build their own moral code, so to speak. They'll learn from others and take what they find valuable and add it to their own system, which changes and develops and grows over time. Secondary thinks the best way to solve a problem is by learning, researching, preparing ahead of time, and can be relied upon to have a wealth of not always useful information, tends to be organized, etc etc.

Hufflepuff: Primary is motivated by People- both in the vague abstract Humanity and also in everyone around them: loyal to people over a cause. Secondary is hard work, trustworthiness, investment into the people around them.

Slytherin: Primary is all about protecting their people, the ones they deem valuable to them- if you threaten someone important to a Slytherin Primary, be very, very afraid. Secondary is adaptability, improvisation, quick thinking, manipulation, etc.

Secondaries are easier to see than Primaries, and that's usually the house a character is sorted into, unless they have a very loud Primary (like Hermione).

So, under that system, my sorting thoughts under another spoiler:

Spoiler

Clarke is Ravenclaw Primary (she learned to look out for everyone else before herself from her (Hufflepuff) father, she got "Love is weakness" from Lexa, "I bear it so they don't have to" from Dante Wallace- these are all things that shape her belief system; and a Slytherin secondary, for all the reasons above. Can I just say how much I love that Clarke's so Slytherin? How often do you get a young female Slytherin protagonist??

Bellamy is a Slytherin Primary (he started off with just himself and Octavia as his people, but a lot of his character development is him letting other people *cough*Clarke*cough* in, and there's no denying that he'd do literally anything to protect the people he cares about *cough*Clarke*cough) and... his secondary is a little harder to pin down. I think he's a Hufflepuff secondary (look at how he interacts with O in the flashbacks) who acts like a Gryffindor secondary, but you could make a solid argument for a straight up Gryffindor Primary.

Octavia is just straight out a Gryffindor, Primary and Secondary- she has a very black and white view of the world, has no problems telling you when she thinks you're wrong, and tends to act on impulse. She's a fighter.

For a lot of other characters, it's harder to figure out the Primaries, especially with TV as the medium, but this is getting long so I'm just gonna summarize (in Character: Primary/Secondary format) and if anyone wants my reasoning I'm happy to explain! I've spent a depressing amount of time thinking about this.

Monty: Gryffindor/Ravenclaw

Raven: ?/Ravenclaw

Murphy: Slytherin or Gryffindor/Slytherin

Abby: Hufflepuff/Gryffindor

Miller: Slytherin/Slytherin or Hufflepuff

Kane: Gryffindor/?

Jasper: Gryffindor/Griffindor

Echo: Slytherin/Slytherin

Lexa: Gryffindor or Ravenclaw (honestly probably a Ravenclaw who assumes her beliefs are infallible truth)/idk

In the one Hogwarts AU I wrote, I had Slytherin!Clarke, Hufflepuff!Bellamy, and got away without mentioning much else since it was a post-Hogwarts fic :P

ANYWAY, is there anyone else who reads/writes t100 fic? (Alternately, a t100 fic discussion thread I haven't found yet?) I'm working on planning a season 1/2 au for NaNoWriMo with arranged marriage and tearing down grounder politics and all that fun stuff.

MadiMalfoy

I've actually got a WIP fic that's over on AO3 focusing on after the season 3 finale (it's not very good and only 3 chapters bc I hate continuing things when they no longer mean canon). It draws more heavily on the Bellamy searching for Clarke trope that was common after that season ended, but also pulls in her artistic skills. I've considered writing some AU but I'm barely able to keep up with my HP stuff (oops....) it's not likely to happen. When I have free time I do enjoy reading fic though for sure!!!

clevernotbrilliant

I have a Raven/OC slow burn WIP that focuses (for now lol) on that few months between seasons 2 and 3 that is currently on HPFT and AO3. And @dreamgazer220 has a few awesome Bellarke stories too! 

cat!

Aw, don't give up, @MadiMalfoy - I love canonverse aus! Especially ones that ignore the next seasons' plot, haha. I definitely understand losing steam on a fic and getting demotivated by the snow, though. And @clevernotbrilliant (can you only @ one person per post??), I'll have to check that out! I pretty much only browse the Bellarke tag wherever I'm looking for fic, or authors I already trust, so I miss a lot of fic for other ships, and Raven definitely deserves a nice slow burn romance. Not as slow as Bellarke, of course, no one deserves that :P

Most of the fic I've managed to finish was actually for a kink meme, but I do have a Hogwarts AU for Bellarke (with some bonus Bartender Mechanic :wub:) on ao3, and about 40 WIPs in various stages of doneness ^_^ mostly Bellarke-centric AUs

dreamgazer220

@cat! just dropping in here to say you should definitely check out @clevernotbrilliant's Raven/OC fic because it's adorable and deserves all the love! 

Also, I read through your Sortings of the cast and Clarke as a Ravenclaw primary/Slytherin secondary makes sense! I don't know why I never considered her to be a Ravenclaw before, especially considering she's the head to Bellamy's heart.  I'm more inclined to agree with Claire though -- especially in my re-watch of season 1, I feel like Clarke has strong Gryffindor qualities (leadership, her sense of justice, integrity) but in later seasons develops as a Slytherin primary and becomes Gryffindor secondary. 

As for Bellamy -- I think he's a Gryffindor primary (he's so reckless, impulsive, loyal, and noble).  I'm torn on Slytherin secondary and Hufflepuff secondary for him, though.  I can definitely see an argument for both but I'm inclined to say Hufflepuff because of how loyal he is not just to Octavia and Clarke, but to every one of The 100 (like when Peter was out trapped at Farm Station, and he wanted to get them because he was one of Bellamy's people).  

I have high hopes for the Bellarke reunion in season 5. Honestly, January can't come fast enough. :wub:

dreamgazer220

Okay, time to get this thread geared back up -- we finally have a release date for season 5! :yay:

I'm so excited and so nervous all at the same time.  I've been following Jason Rothenberg on twitter and have seen a ton of theories and behind the scene photos, and what I've seen so far looks like a seriously promising season for all of us. 

Various musing under a spoiler tag, just in case:

Spoiler

It looks like Octavia's going to have the epic screen time she deserves, and I can't wait to see how Madi's presence is going to impact Clarke's leadership decisions, and how it's going to influence her as a motherly figure. I mean, I also can't wait for Bellamy's reaction to Madi, a Bellarke reunion, and Clarke reuniting with Raven and Murphy and the rest of the space kru, and so many other things!  :bliss:

Do you guys have any predictions for season 5? Hopes? Theories? Who's on that prisoner ship? Who survives the six year separation? Can Bellamy hear Clarke's radio diaries? 

I need answers.  

I'M SO EXCITED, GUYS. April 24th can't come soon enough! 

Edited by dreamgazer220

potterfan310

I can't wait for season 5 either, it seems like its been forever since S4 aired. The really annoying thing is that the trailer still hasn't dropped, rumour had it that it was supposed to be out before Christmas. The 100 community is huge on twitter, and some of the behind the scenes pictures have got me so excited. Some of the cast on instagram were sharing things on their stories as well.

Not really spoilery just random thoughts below:

Spoiler

I am mega excited for this season because obviously they're all going to be reunited again, especially Bellarke!!!! :wub: But mostly because of the six year time jump! It'll be interesting to see the earth and how Clarke's survived, where Madi came from?. What happened up on the ark, were any babies born in space or the bunker? Do they still get on, did Bellamy hear Clarke's messages so many questions!! Did everyone survive in the bunker?

From things on twitter I'm almost certain there may possibly be a major character death, but I honestly don't know who because I don't want any of them to die as they're all my favourites. As for the prisoner ship, I'm not sure if has something to do with the ark or not, who knows.

• Like 1

MadiMalfoy

I'm super excited for the release date actually because it means I'll be done with school (almost) so I can actually watch it when it airs!!! But here's my thoughts and ~predictions for season 5:

Spoiler

Obviously Bellarke are reunited, as seen in at least one behind-the-scenes still I think! I feel like the reunion of spacekru and Clarke/Madi will not be a happy one, especially since the prison ship was looking like it landed pretty close to where Clarke & Madi were at the end of the season 4 finale. The prison ship is also supposed to be from today, so they've all been in cryosleep since the early 2000s, with no idea that the Earth just went through a second, worse round of Primfaya and that people had even been there beforehand, so they will definitely be antagonistic initially, if not throughout most of the season. I definitely feel like Octavia will have had a good chance to grow up and really come into her own as leader of Onekru down in the bunker, but I think there will be some major conflict points right off the bat with the bunker being buried under all of the rubble of Polis. Babies will definitely have been born in the bunker, but not in space bc they know the limits of the ship and the pain of reentry into Earth's atmosphere. If you say there may be a major character death, I'm thinking it will not be the main circle of characters because we are all way too invested in them and would get super mad at Jason! lol but plz don't make anyone die :sad: 

So yeah woot here comes season 5!! I've been super into fic lately, and a lot of the ones I've been reading are season 5 speculation and they're honestly pretty good so I'm hoping the actual stuff is even better! :popcorn:

• Like 1

dreamgazer220

So...... about that trailer, guys. I'M HYPED.  :cheering:

Spoiler
  • Clarke smiling! And drawing! And not being alone! And Madi's general awesomeness! 
  • Eden looks beautiful and I'm super curious how it survived Priamfaya + Clarke found it.
  • The radio diaries started before she'd been left on Earth for two months. GUYS.
  • The villains look super evil, but also super interesting and I'm so curious to learn more about them.
  • Bellamy leading with his head! "Let's find out who they are, and then ask them for help."
  • I'm so here for Raven being Raven and also it looks like there's speculation that she and Murphy are going to be on their own adventure -- so maybe when Spacekru goes back to Earth, or whatever, they stay behind for some reason? I'm here for it, although they really need to be all together again.
  • Everyone seems to agree there's going to be a major character death, even the cast. I'm concerned for my angels, but I have predictions.

I'm curious to hear what everyone else thinks! Or if you just want to pop in here to squee now that we finally have a trailer and it's the final countdown!! 

• Like 2

PaulaTheProkaryote

I'm also CRAZY hyped! 

Spoiler

I can't wait to see Madi/Clarke dynamic, especially in the context of the others (especially Bellamy)

WITH HIS HEADDDDD!!!!

I keep seeing the major character death too. I have my money on Octavia because I feel like she's living on borrowed time (not supposed to exist to begin with, a huge driving force for Bellamy, a bit self destructive). I hope it's someone like Abigail or Marcus though tbh (even though I like them well enough and all that).

I feel like this is going to be the season of angst and fanfics have definitely swayed me this way, but I think Bellamy won't immediately know where he fits in the Madi/Clarke family so he's going to be floundering. I think they're going to struggle a lot to fit back together.

• Like 2

Recent Badges

potterfan310

It's back tonight/tomorrow!!!!  :cheering::popcorn: I cannot wait to watch it.