Welcome to HPFT

We are a multi-fandom/original fiction community with roots in the Harry Potter fandom community. We strive to maintain a strong focus on author feedback and inclusive writing. Here on the forums, you can join a house and participate in House Cup events, participate in writing challenges, play games, and much more!

Join the Forums

Check out the Archives

HPFT has a moderated multi-fandom/original fiction archive with an unlimited queue. There you can post your writing, as well as read and review other members' writing. Be sure to stop by and check out our latest featured stories!

Join the Archives

Find us on Social Media

HPFT is active on social media. You can find us and many members busily tweeting on Twitter, join us for livestreams on YouTube, check out aesthetics on Instagram, get sneak peeks on Snapchat, and interact on Tumblr! All our social media links can be found below.

News Ticker
  • THE HOUSE CUP FINALE HAS BEGUN!
  • Keep an eye on the Prefects' Blog for House Writing Award results.
abhorsen.

LGBTQA+

abhorsen.

Share your favorite fics about LGBTQA+ characters here! I'll start us off!

Title: Red Silk

Author: @FireOpal

Link(s):  HPFT | AO3 | HPFT

Length / Completed: 500 words / Yes

Era: Next-Generation

Main Character(s): Dominique Weasley, OC

Main Pairing(s): Dominique Weasley/OC

Genre(s): Romance, LGBTQA+

Summary: At the Ravenclaw table, surrounded by boys, Dominique is careful to look like she’s staring off into space. But she isn’t.

Title: notes on freefalling.

Author: @milominderbinder

Link(s): HPFF (M)

Length / Completed: 3,715 words / Yes

Era: Post-Hogwarts

Main Character(s): Astoria Greengrass, Parvati Patil

Main Pairing(s): Astoria Greengrass/Parvati Patil

Summary: Astoria has a baby she loves, and a husband she hates, and a life she's not sure what to do with.

Then, Astoria has Parvati.  Which is everything.

Title: I Wasn't Expecting That

Author: @Veritaserum27

Link(s): HPFT (M)

Length / Completed: 4,940 words / Yes

Main Character(s): Harry Potter, Seamus Finnigan

Pairing(s): Harry Potter/Seamus Finnigan

Genre(s): Romance, AU

Summary: Isn't it strange how a life can be changed in the flicker of the sweetest smile?

Edited by LadyL8
Updating links

WriteYourHeartOut

Title: Breathe

Author: krazyboutharryginny / brightest star (StormVandal)

Link(s): HPFF / AO3 / HPFT (M)

Length / Completed: Short Story, 16048 words, Complete

Era: Marauders

Main Character(s): Lupin, James, Sirius, OtherCanon

Main Pairing(s): Remus/Sirius

Genre(s): Angst, LGBTQA

Summary: In the summer between fifth and sixth year, and in the aftermath of a prank gone horribly wrong, Sirius Black sets out to mend the damage he's caused to his friendships. In the process, he begins to mend himself, too.

Reasons for recommending: Beautifully written with unique and powerful choices.

Edited by LadyL8
Updated to include HPFT link

hecate

Title : Ignotia

Author: Aphoride

Link(s): +HPFF (M) | +HPFT (M)

Length / Completed: One-shot, 8947 / Yes

Era: Other

Main Character(s): Bathilda Bagshot, Dumbledore, Grindelwald, Kendra, OC

Main Pairing(s): Other pairing, Albus/Gellert

Genre(s): Romance, Drama, LGBTQA+

Summary: History is written by the victors, to their specifications. Not all of history fits within them. These are those parts which do not.

Reasons for recommending : Because everything Laura writes is incredible and I fell in love with the story the moment I read it!

Edited by LadyL8

Dojh167

Title: Between Takes

Author: Banshee

Link(s): HPFF ao3p(Rated M)

Length / Completed: WIP Novella, currently 6 chapters

Era: Next Gen

Character(s): Scorpius, Albus, Rose, OC

Pairing(s): Scropius/Albus, Rose/Female OC

Genre(s): Romance, AU, LGBTQA

Summary: Nothing exciting ever happens in Uppingham.

At least, that’s how Albus has felt his whole life, until he goes to work one day to see a film crew set up on Diagon Alley.

This summer is going to be terrible.

Scorpius doesn’t want to spend his entire summer filming Hogwarts in a nowhere town, surrounded by people who want him to be something he’s not.

Albus/Scorpius Muggle AU

Reasons for recommending: This is a really fun and charming muggle AU. The characterization is interesting and the chemistry is real. It’s fun to see the altered dynamics in a world where Scorpius is a celebrity, Albus and Rose work at an ice cream parlour, and everyone is awkward and adorable.

Title: Liar

Author: Felpata Lupin

Link(s): HPFF HPFT (Rated M)

Length / Completed: WIP Novella, currently 4 chapters

Era: Marauders

Character(s): Peter, Remus

Pairing(s): Peter/Remus, James/Lily

Genre(s): Angst, AU, LGBTQA

Summary: We were meant to be friends, Remus. You know it, as well as I do.

Two children who grew up together. Two boys struggling on their paths towards adulthood. Two men faced with darkness too thick for them to get through.

A Peter/Remus story.

Set in the All the truth about Jimmy Portman's universe.

Reasons for recommending: This story does a fabulous job of characterizing Remus and Peter in original and believable ways. It is an unconventional ship, but is based in realistic characterization and is an interesting read.

Title: To The End Of Time

Author: Claire Evergreen

Link(s): HPFF ao3 HPFT (Rated M)

Length / Completed: WIP Short Story Collection, currently 9 chapters

Era: Hogwarts

Characters: Lavender, Parvati

Pairing(s): Lavender/Parvati

Genre(s): Drama, Romance, LGBTQA

Summary: "Friends til the end, remember?"

Lavender/Parvati

Reasons for recommending: zomg. Lavender/Parvati are both so adorable, and cause me so much angst over their inability to just get together already. The story is told through short snapshots over the years, and does a good job of showing very honest and believable versions of the characters.

Title: Haversham Westley’s School For Boys

Author: saphicsunrise/ad astra/sideraclara

Link(s): HPFF ao3 HPFT (Rated M)

Length / Completed: Complete Novel - 28 Chapters

Character(s): Lorcan Scamander, Lysander Scamander, OC

Pairing(s): You’ll see

Genre(s): Humor, LGBTQA, Young Adult

Summary:

Extract from Department of Magical Education Official Review, Ministry of Magic, filed by Leopold Jones 26 November 2030: Pardon my frankness, sirs, but Haversham Westley's School for Boys is where the principles of magical education go to die.

a story of innovation, impropriety, and coming of age (better late than never)

Reasons for recommending: This story will make you feel all the things. It is charming, witty, squee worthy, and heart wrenching (sometimes in turns, sometimes all at once). It excels as a coming of age story precisely because it does not claim to have all the answers.

Title: Hey Lily

Author: Chazzie

Link(s): Hey Lily

Length / Completed: One Shot

Characters: Lily Luna, OC

Pairing(s): Lily Luna/Female OC

Genre(s): General, Romance, LGBTQA

Summary: Lily loved Winter and all it entailed.

Reasons for recommending: A truly beautiful piece of writing, with a refreshingly original take on Lily.

Edited by LadyL8
Updated to include HPFT links

Aphoride

Title: The Fred Weasley Memorial Scholarship

Author: sapphicsunrise/ad astra/sideraclara

Link(s): HPFF / ao3 / HPFT (Rated M)

Length / Completed: 21 chapters, 76869 words / Completed Novel

Character(s): Albus Potter, Rose Weasley, Scorpius Malfoy, OCs, Lily Luna Potter

Pairing(s): Albus Potter/Scorpius Malfoy, Lily Luna Potter/OC

Summary: Five thousand Galleons. Five formerly law-abiding, studious Ravenclaws. One year to leave a legacy like no other.

Reasons for recommending: An iconic story - and I don't think it's too much to say. It's a beautifully-written, classical coming-of-age story, filled to the brim with diverse characters, unique interpretations of the Next Gen kids, which will absolutely suck you into the universe Elisabeth's constructed around them. It'll make you smile, cry, laugh and sigh all at once - an absolute must-read.

Title: Pending Further Investigation

Author: sapphicsunrise/ad astra/sideraclara

Link(s): HPFF / ao3 (Rated M)

Length / Completed: 21 chapters, 60291 words / Completed Novel

Character(s): Albus Potter, Rose Weasley, Scorpius Malfoy, OCs, Lily Luna Potter, Hugo Weasley, Teddy Lupin

Pairing(s): Albus Potter/Scorpius Malfoy, Lily Luna Potter/OC, Harry Potter/Ginny Weasley

Summary: Three years after winning the Fred Weasley Memorial Scholarship, Lester, Holly, Rose, Albus and Scorpius are all asking themselves the same question: In what universe do they count as grown ups?

Reasons for recommending: The sequel to The Fred Weasley Memorial Scholarship, it develops the universe further, and deeper, exploring new diversities and new characters, but without losing the lovely writing and the wonderful plot. It'll suck you in just the same, and you'll love all the characters.

Edited by LadyL8

Recent Badges

FireOpal

*dumps half of my favourites list on this thread*

Here we go (prepare yourselves!):

Title: When I Go Out With You

Author: Dojh167

Link(s): AO3 | HPFF | HPFT (Mature)

Length / Completed: WIP, currently at 7006 words

Pairing(s): Hannah/Susan, Hannah/Neville, Hannah/Ernie, some background pairings

Summary: I'm young and I love to be young

I'm free and I love to be free

To live my life the way I want

To say and do whatever I please

- A Hannah Abbott Story -

Reasons for recommending: Well, this story is written for me, based on a prompt I gave to Sam, so there’s no wonder I love it – but gosh do I love it! It has Hannah Abbott, femslash, polyamory, Hannah/Neville, the wonderful Susan Bones, beautiful, beautiful writing, subtle characterisation… And the way Sam works with Lesley Gore’s music to make each chapter a tribute to this wonderful singer is just the best! Sam herself has described the story as “a coming of age story for adults,” which is really spot on. I just… *melts into a puddle of love*

--

Title: At The Lake

Link(s): AO3 | HPFF | HPFT

Length / Completed: Completed at 500 words

Pairing(s): Gabrielle Delacour/Daphne Greengrass

Summary: Could true beauty really exist without true horror?

Reasons for recommending: Do you ever see a story with a pairing that makes you go “What the - !?” and then you have to read it just to see if/how the author makes it work? This story was like that for me, and now I’m sold. The story is short, and it reads like a very romantic dream, and I’m so happy that Sam has said that this story is part of her informal Polyverse, because that means that I might get to see more of these versions of Daphne and Gabrielle.

--

Title: broken, broken

Author: BookDinosaur

Link(s): AO3 | HPFF (Mature)

Length / Completed: WIP, currently at 16063 words

Pairing(s): Daphne/Pansy

Genre(s): Drama, Angst, LGBTQA

Summary: For most people, the world starts to go back to normal after the war.

The Slytherins aren't a part of "most people". They're all falling apart.

Reasons for recommending: Emily’s writing is just so beautiful, my heart aches every time I re-read this story. She breathes life into the Slytherin kids judged, forgotten and discarded by the Canon narrative, and gives them hopes and fears that it’s impossible not to empathise with. Also, Daphne/Pansy is one of my low-key OTPs, and I always love to see them together in a story, and here they are amazingly close to my headcanon of their relationship.

--

Title: Your Way of Living

Link(s): HPFF (Mature)

Length / Completed: Completed at 839 words

Pairing(s): Susan Bones/Luna

Genre(s): Romance, Angst, LGBTQA

Summary: Companion Piece to When I Go Out With You

- A Susan Bones Story -

Reasons for recommending: This is a companion piece to When I Go Out With You and tied into Sam’s informal ‘Polyverse,’ and I’d probably love it just for that, but it’s also awesome in its own right. I adore the way Sam writes Luna, with her oddness, wisdom and empathy. I also love the look at a younger WIGOWY!Susan, who hasn’t yet come into her own the way she has in the later story, and how this story captures an important step on the way to the secure and self-possessed woman she’ll become.

--

Title: Forest

Author: Flower n Prongs

Link(s): HPFF | HPFT

Length / Completed: Completed at 3480 words

Pairing(s): Lily Potter II/Female OC

Genre(s): Fluff, Romance, LGBTQA

Summary: The forest was always special to us. [[Lily/Elia]]

Reasons for recommending: This story strikes so many of my cords that it’s ridiculous, haha! The descriptions are lovely, it really feels like you’re there following Lily’s footsteps into the forest, and then, later, like it’s your heart fluttering in your chest, your cheeks burning. Like it’s you who have another girl’s hand in your hair, braiding it. Or is that just me? : P

Also, I’ve always seen unicorns as a sort of symbol of Sapphic love so the inclusion of one just adds to this story’s perfection! : )

--

Title: ginevra, darling

Author: ad astra

Length / Completed:

Pairing(s): N/A

Genre(s): LGBTQA

Summary: if i were a girl, what would my name be?

Reasons for recommending: Elisabeth always write Ginny amazingly, but the story that’s really stuck with me is this one. It’s so believable, and ties into canon seamlessly, with perfect Weasley family dynamics, and the way that Ginny’s outsider status among the other girl is linked to her increasing dependence on the diary. It’s genius.

--

Title: Brief but Beautiful

Author: ExceedsExpectations

Link(s): AO3

Length / Completed: Completed at 3456 words

Pairing(s): Hannah Abbott/Luna Lovegood

Genre(s): Romance, Coming of Age, LGBTQA+

Summary: In which Hannah works in a bakery, Luna grows sunflowers, and goodbyes taste like vanilla icing.

Reasons for recommending: As a lover of femslash you learn to also be a lover of rare pairs, because that’s where some of the best writing is. Like this lovely little Hannah/Luna story, that’s all warmth and sweetness and sensual descriptions that make me all happy inside! This story, together with A Courage of Heart, was what first made me fall in love with Hannah Abbott. Both she and Luna are perfectly characterised, and it’s amazing how the author manages to make them work so well together. I believe earnestly and with all my heart that love doesn’t have to last forever to count, and this story is such a sweet example of that axiom.

--

Title: Summer Herbology

Author: banshee

Link(s): HPFF (Mature)

Length / Completed: WIP, currently at 11625 words

Pairing(s): OC pairings

Genre(s): General, LGBTQA, Young Adult

Summary: All Rhys Cledwyn wants is to make it through Hogwarts unnoticed. After a failing grade in Herbology lands him in summer school, under the radar and in the closet doesn’t happen quite the way he wants.

Reasons for recommending: The characters! I love sulky teenager Rhys, touchy best friend Ben, aloof Molly, overly talkative Alina… I’m super curious about a lot of the other characters too, especially Rebecca – are there any other reasons than getting a leg up that she’s at Hogwarts for the summer? I have it on good authority that the story is due for a re-write, but as long as the amazing characters stay I’m happy. I can’t wait to learn more about all of them!

--

Title: Pretty Little Thing

Link(s): AO3 | HPFF | HPFT

Length / Completed: Completed at 1534 words

Pairing(s): Rolanda Hooch/Septima Vector

Genre(s): General, Angst, LGBTQA

Summary: This morning, Septima is everywhere.

Reasons for recommending: Sam writes masterfully, as always. I am so charmed by the dynamic between Rolanda and Septima – it reminds me of Carol/Therese in Carol/The Price of Salt, but darker. This story is do heady, it’s the best word I can find for it, at least. Reading it feels like a headrush, like you need to put your arms out to keep your balance, until you get to the ending, and together with Rolanda you can breathe again.

--

Title: Your Battle Scars

Author: Gamma_Orionis

Link(s): AO3

Length / Completed: Completed at 2135 words

Pairing(s): Cho/Marietta

Genre(s): Angst, Hurt/Comfort, Fluff, LGBTQA+

Summary: Marietta found it difficult to look at Cho these days. All Marietta could do for hours on end was sit in her dormitory, or - when it was deserted - the Ravenclaw common room and stare at herself in a mirror, reading over and over the word that had been branded on her face.

Reasons for recommending: Marietta is a character I feel very protective of, together with Pansy Parkinson, for being judged incredibly harshly for a mistake made when she was a very young girl, judged by the author, narrative, fandom… everyone, basically. This story does a great job of redeeming her, and of course I’m never one to say no to some femslash. And the dialogue is superb! ^.^

Edited by LadyL8

TreacleTart

Title: Edges

Author: krazyboutharryginny/poppunkpadfoot

Link(s): AO3 / HPFF / HPFT (M)

Length / Completed: Completed at 3304 words

Pairing(s): Wolfstar

Genre(s): Angst, Romance, LGBTQA+

Summary: They can outlive war. They can outlive anything.

Remus and Sirius, beginning to end. (A collage of moments. A relationship pieced together. The birth and death of a constellation.)

Reasons for recommending: Kayla is the queen of writing Wolfstar. If you scan her AP, you'll see that writing Sirius is where she's most comfortable, but the beauty in this is that she writes from Remus' POV and absolutely nails his voice. The style is really unique and it makes you feel a whole jumble of things as you read. Definitely her best descriptive prose and one of my absolute favorite stories of hers.

Edited by LadyL8

WindingArrow

Title: Like Fire

Link(s): HPFF | AO3 | HPFT (M)

Length / Completed: Completed, 3403 words

Main Character(s): Dean, Luna, Seamus, Rolf Scamander

Main Pairing(s): Dean/Seamus

Genre(s): Humor, Romance, LGBTQA

Summary: "Two days. We've been flatmates for two days."

Reasons for recommending: This was my first slash fic and WOW, what a way to be introduced the this type! It was so cute and fluffy and not all sad and angsty and I had needed a laugh that day. Very funny, very adorable, very well written. I already reviewed it a while ago, so I can't use it for the event, but someone else can! PS, it sort of made Dean/Seamus a headcanon for me.

Edited by LadyL8

dreamgazer220

Title: Discarded Pillows

Author: TreacleTart

Link(s): HPFF | AO3 | HPFT (Rated Mature)

Length / Completed: 1862, completed

Era: Next Generation

Main Character(s): Albus Potter, Scorpius Malfoy

Main Pairing(s): Albus/Scorpius

Genre(s): Fluff, Angst, LGBTQA+

Summary: I catch my first sight of him over by the bar. My heart leaps as he looks up and notices me staring at him. I want so badly to sprint over to him and throw myself in his arms.

Reasons for recommending: Kaitlin's beautiful writing, and I love her characterizations of Al and Scorpius here.  This also has just the right mix of angst and fluff, and it's overall a wonderful piece.

-------------------------------------------

Title: Livewire

Link(s): HPFF | AO3 | HPFT (Rated Mature)

Length / Completed: 704, completed

Main Character(s): Dean Thomas, Seamus Finnigan

Main Pairing(s): Dean/Seamus

Genre(s): Romance, Angst, LGBTQA+

Summary: I wish that you could feel as alive as you once did. I wish that I could muster up the courage to obliviate your worst memories, but some twisted moral conviction stays my hand.

Reasons for recommending: This piece is one of my favorite one-shots.  Kaitlin's writing is really strong in this story, and she does a great job of capturing a lot of emotions and trauma in just a few short words.  There's something poetic about this, and it's Dean and Seamus, so what's not to love?

---------------------------------------------

Title: Five and a Half

Link(s): AO3 | HPFF

Length / Completed: 2428, complete

Main Character(s): Teddy Lupin, James Potter II, Harry Potter

Main Pairing(s): Teddy/James II

Genre(s): Humor, Romance, LGTBQA+

Summary: In which James Potter is an instigator, and Teddy Lupin doesn’t stand a chance.

Reasons for recommending: Julie does an amazing job with this piece. I loved what she did with the characters here, and it was a great mix of romance and humor. Plus, you get dad Harry, an embarrassed Teddy, and, of course, James being James. It's definitely worth reading!

Edited by LadyL8

nott theodore

Some of my favourites have been recommended already, so I'm seconding everything that's already in this thread!  Also, all my links are to HPFF because I don't have an account elsewhere yet, but they might be on other sites too :)

Title: Eyes Like Skies

Author: FireOpalQueen

Link(s): HPFF | HPFT (12+)

Length / Completed: one-shot, 500 words

Main Character(s): Dominique, OC (Imogen)

Main Pairing(s): Dominique/Imogen

Summary: Your name pounds through my veins in time with my heartbeat; Dominique, Dominique, Dominique.

- Dominique/Imogen (OC) -

Reasons for recommending: This is the sequel to Red Silk, which was recommended earlier in the thread.  The writing and imagery are beautiful, and the relationship is captured brilliantly.

Title: L'optimisme

Link(s): HPFF | HPFT (M)

Length / Completed: novel, currently 20 chapters

Main Character(s): Dumbledore, Grindelwald, Aberforth, Ariana, Elphias Doge

Main Pairing(s): Albus/Gellert

Summary: Language shapes the world, for good or for evil. In silence, wounds fester and arguments begin. And what are wars but arguments out of control?

Albus/Gellert

Reasons for recommending: Laura's writing is always, always beautiful, and reads like poetry: this novel is her masterpiece.  Every chapter is incredibly thought out and beautifully written, and it's the best Albus/Gellert story I've read.

Title: Eidolon

Length / Completed: novel, currently 2 chapters

Main Character(s): Harry, Ginny, James II, Lily II, Albus, Teddy, Scorpius, OC

Main Pairing(s): Other pairing, Teddy/Victoire, Harry/Ginny

Genre(s): Drama, Romance, LGBTQA

Summary: All your idols are gilded; all your idols are false.

Or, Beauty doesn't last.

Reasons for recommending: I've already said that Laura's writing is beautiful, and her first attempt at a next-gen novel is no different.  There's plenty of diversity here and so much to intrigue and captivate the reader.  You'll find yourself asking countless questions and eager for more.

Title: The Enchanted Ground

Author: Lululuna

Length / Completed: short story, 3 chapters (completed)

Main Character(s): Roxanne Weasley, OC

Main Pairing(s): Other pairing

Genre(s): Romance, LGBTQA

Summary: "I think… in an honest, true sort of way, that I might even love you if you were a goblin. Maybe especially if you were a goblin, actually. That you could be a boy, or a girl, or a soul who confines to neither, and I’d love you. And I hope you feel the same for me."

Reasons for recommending: Jenna is one of my favourite authors, and everything you read by her is stunning, but I loved this story.  It's only short - just 3 chapters - but it's one of the first stories that I read with a genderqueer character and she writes Thackeray, and the romance with Roxanne, so well.  (There's also a companion piece to this that focuses just on Thackeray)

Title: Stranger

Link(s): HPFF | HPFT (15+)

Length / Completed: short story, 5 chapters

Main Character(s): Millicent Bulstrode, Pansy Parkinson

Main Pairing(s): n/a

Genre(s): Drama, Angst, LGBTQA

Summary: Millicent looks in the mirror briefly before leaving the room and barely recognizes herself. It is as if a distant cousin stares back at her. Someone vaguely familiar, but at the same time almost unrecognizable.

Reasons for recommending: Kaitlin has written an incredible amount of stories an yet each one is written with care.  I've found a lot of stories focusing on sexuality in the last few days, but this is one of the few that focus on a trans character, and Kaitlin writes the story in a way that makes sure you can't help but care about them.

Title: Confession

Author: Unicorn_Charm

Link(s): HPFF (M) | HPFT (T)

Length / Completed: one-shot, 676 words

Main Character(s): Albus, Scorpius

Main Pairing(s): Albus/Scorpius

Summary: Scorpius confesses something to Albus

that he has been holding in for months.

Reasons for recommending: Meg's a great writer and this is a really adorable story, focusing on a moment of confession (hence the title :P).  I also think it's really impressive that it's written entirely in dialogue, and yet all of the tension and emotion of the moment still comes across really well.

Edited by LadyL8

Aphoride

Title: The Moon Maiden

Author: Lululuna

Length / Completed: Short story, 14552 words / Yes

Main Character(s): Bathilda Bagshot, Muriel Prewett

Main Pairing(s): Bathilda/Muriel

Genre(s): Romance, Drama, LGBTQA

Summary: Death is restless for Bathilda Bagshot. Strange apparitions lurk behind the windows of her home, clawing and scratching at the walls. A visitor with a shifting face urges her to write. And a name lingers on her lips, resurrecting itself. The name of the girl she kissed behind tapestries, the girl who broke her heart.

Reasons for recommending: Lululuna's writing is impossibly beautiful and mysterious without losing any sense of what's going on. The characters are wonderful and real, and you'll fall in love with them and want them to be happy, even if you can't like them. It's romantic and raw and delicate all at the same time. I really can't recommend this enough.

Recent Badges

ImaRavenclaw

PREPARE YOURSELVES!

Title : coffee (and a few shots of firewhiskey)

Author: ReeBee

Link(s): (15+) Hugpius (if that's even a thing)

Length: Completed, 3333 words.

Main Character(s): Albus, Hugo, Rose, Scorpius.

Main Pairing(s): Scorpius/Hugo

Summary: Coffee was important to Scorpius. Hugo didn't approve of coffee.

Title : Something Unforseen

Author: HappyMollyWeasley

Link(s): (15+) Somthing Unforseen

Length: Completed, 3341 words.

Era: Next Generation.

Main Character(s): Albus, James (II), Scorpius.

Main Pairing(s): Scorpius/James (II).

Genre(s): Drama, LGBTQA, Young Adult.

Summary: Sometimes things change right before your eyes, and yet you don't notice it. Sometimes you discover something that changes your understanding of the world. You may not be prepared for it, but you have to get used to it anyway.

Title : Blank

Author: Rosehedwig243

Link(s): (15+) Ace/Aro Luna | HPFT (T)

Length: Completed, 634 words.

Main Character(s): Luna

Main Pairing(s): N/A

Genre(s): LGBTQA

Summary: You are: Blank.

Title : The New Creative Arts Department

Author(s): ad astra and crestwood (posted on ad astra's page.)

Link(s): (M) TNCAD

Length: WIP, 4822 words.

Era: Next Generation.

Main Character(s): Rose, Scorpius, Teddy, OC

Main Pairing(s): Rose/Scorpius, Other Pairing.

Genre(s): Humour, LGBTQA, Young Adult

Summary: Step 1: Bring the arts to Hogwarts.

Step 2: Draw in the artists.

Step 3: ?

Step 4: Profit.

a collab with crestwood

Edited by LadyL8

scooterbug8515

Title: Scars from Tomorrow

Author: EnigmaticEyes16

Link(s): AO3 | HPFF  (Both links M)

Length / Completed: 2039 words / Yes

Main Character(s): Harry, Draco

Main Pairing(s): Draco/Harry

Genre(s): Romance, Angst, AU

Summary: Draco and Harry have been seeing each other in secret, but Draco knows it can't last forever. Especially when everything is about to change.

Reasons for recommending: So much emotion in a single one shot.  I love the romantic dynamic, the steamy passion and then the heart break the comes for things not lasting forever.  Brilliant work!

MegGonagall

I can't believe these aren't on here yet! They're 2 of my all time favs! ❤️

Title: Pure Intentions

Author: toomanycurls

Link(s): AO3 | HPFF | HPFT (M)

Length / Completed: 22,142 words / Yes

Main Character(s): Albus, Rose, Scorpius

Main Pairing(s): Albus/Scorpius, Rose/Scorpius

Genre(s): Drama, Romance, LGBTQA+

Summary:

Scorpius is faced with a dilemma - follow his heart and pursue Albus or follow his father's wishes and have a family? Will Albus tolerate being set aside while Scorpius dates his cousin Rose? Most importantly, will anyone leave this story without their heart being broken?

Title: True Romance

Author: toomanycurls

Link(s): AO3 | HPFF | HPFT (M)

Length / Completed: 70,610 words / Yes

Main Character(s): Albus, James (II), Lily (II), Rose, Scorpius, OC

Main Pairing(s): Albus/OC, Scorpius/OC, Albus/Scorpius

Genre(s): Drama, Romance, LGBTQA+

Summary:

Albus has found himself but will he be able to pursue a true romance with the person he loves? He's found friendship with Scorpius while sparks fly whenever he meets with Brandon. Can he follow his heart before it's too late?

A story about life, love, making choices, and - most of all - growing up.

Edited by LadyL8

BellaLestrange87

Title: Overshadowed

Author: Slide

Length / Completed: 11151 words / yes

Main Character(s): Pansy, Daphne

Main Pairing(s): Daphne/Pansy

Summary: When Pansy asks for help keeping Draco interested in her, it's only Daphne's survival instincts that make her agree. Had she known the consequences, she might have thought twice.

Then again, she might not. Feelings are complicated like that.

Recent Badges

Rumpelstiltskin

Title: Lead Me Home

Author: flintwoodandco

Link: +A03

Length / Completed: 351 / Yes

Genre(s): Angst

Character(s): Marcus Flint

Pairings: Marcus Flint/Oliver Wood

Summary: The one thing that keeps Marcus going.

Reason for Rec: This short ficlet is absolutely wonderful, and packs some powerful emotion into such a short piece.  The author noted that it may be continued, which I hope that it does.  There's also a link for some supplementary materiel provided on the story, to their tumblr page (rated M for language) which just adds an extra depth to the story.

abhorsen.

Title: Welcome Home

Author: @PaulaTheProkaryote

Link(s): HPFT

Length / Completed: 1232 words / Yes

Main Character(s): Roxanne Weasley, OC

Main Pairing(s): Roxanne Weasley/OC

Genre(s): Fluff, Humor, Romance

Summary: Roxanne Weasley and Natalie Thomas-Finnegan settle into their new home.

Reasons for recommending: Oh how I love this, let me count the ways. :P  This is an absolutely adorable take on adult!Roxanne moving into a new home with her partner, and I adore the Deamus callout. This is so wonderfully done.

Title: My First Dates

Author: @Dojh167

Link(s): HPFT

Length / Completed: 2928 words / Yes

Era: Between Wars

Main Character(s): Katie Bell, Alicia Spinnet

Main Pairing(s):

Genre(s): Romance

Summary: Katie Bell is learning that you can’t meet your perfect match on your first try. Not always.

Reasons for recommending: This captures romance in a perfect nutshell - nerves, attraction, and then realizing as often as not that the person isn't really your type after all. It's perfect, and I absolutely adore the ending!

Edited by abhorsen.
updating links

FireOpal

Here to drop off some more LGBTQA+ favs of mine. : )

Title: Thirty-Five Owls

Author: Letterblade

Link(s): Letterblade | AO3 (Mature)

Length / Completed: Completed at 11284 words

Additional Pairing(s): N/A

Genre(s): Romance, Angst, LGBTQA, Epistolary

Summary: Being a correspondence between Albus P.W.B. Dumbledore, Grand Sorcerer, Supreme Mugwump, etc., and the prisoner Gellert Grindelwald, of some decades in length.

Reasons for recommending: This. Fic. Ruined. Me. I’ve shipped Albus/Gellert since I first read Deathly Hallows, but it wasn’t until I read this fic a few months later that the full tragedy of the two of them hit me with its full, devastating, force. Letterblade’s Gellert is perfect in his sulky drama and desperate yearning for contact, and the dynamic between him and Albus is just perfect. And the ending is pure, exquisite, pain.

--

A word of warning: The rating on the page says ‘Teen and up’ and my rating says ‘Mature’, but there is a sex scene at the end that is pretty explicit (though a lot less than it could be).

Title: Nothing to Prove

Author: jarrow

Link(s): AO3 (Mature)

Length / Completed: Completed at 5969 words

Pairing(s): Hermione/Padma

Summary: Hermione should've been in Ravenclaw.

Reasons for recommending: I have such a hard time wrapping my head around this story. It’s not a matter of simply ‘liking’ it, it’s more that… it intrigues me, compels me. There are many elements of it that annoy me, itches at me, but then the pull of it draws me in like Hermione and Padma are drawn to each other; two very clever people playing the allure of love like a game of Chess.

--

Title: Awkward

Author: Penknife

Link(s): AO3 (Mature)

Length / Completed: Completed at 1262 words

Pairing(s): Molly Weasley I/Andromeda Black

Genre(s): Summary: Andromeda's always been the awkward one.

Reasons for recommending: I wrote this pairing for a challenge once, and it truly was a challenge, so when I was done I was curious if anyone else had managed to pull it off, and boy had this author ever. Here’s an Andromeda overshadowed by her sisters and a Molly unburdened by worries, and the two of the come together and part again, and it's wistful and bittersweet and beautiful.

--

Title: ginevra, darling

Author: ad astra

Length / Completed: Completed at 1740 words.

Pairing(s): N/A

Genre(s): LGBTQA, Angst

Summary: if i were a girl, what would my name be?

Reasons for recommending: Elisabeth always writes Ginny amazingly, but the story that’s really stuck with me is this one. It’s so believable, and ties into canon seamlessly, with perfect Weasley family dynamics, and the way that Ginny’s outsider status among the other girl is linked to her increasing dependence on the diary. It’s genius.

Edited by LadyL8

Ineke

Title: Put Your Guns in Reverse, It's Tea Time

Author: frombluetored

Link(s): AO3 (rating is M for the stories itself, for violence and profanity!)

Length / Completed: 52359 / Yes (Part 2 of the series is also sitting complete at 275,806 words, and Part 3 has just started)

Era: Next Gen (Post the events of CC to be exact)

Main Character(s): Scorpius Malfoy, Albus Potter, Ginny Potter, Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, Hermione Granger, James Sirius Potter, Lily Luna Potter, Other Weasleys

Main Pairing(s): Albus/Scorpius, Harry/Ginny, Ron/Hermione

Genre(s): LGTBA+, Humor, Romance

Summary: Ginny Potter estimates it will only take three days into the Weasley-Potter family holiday for Albus to act on his feelings for his best friend. Albus estimates it will only take three days for him to die of embarrassment. And Scorpius, well. Scorpius is just glad to be there with Albus in the first place.

Reasons for recommending: (optional)

THIS FIC IS GLORIOUS. As per my usual lately I've been slamdunking ficrecs to Plums and she's hooked right now so go me. Anyway. Like I said, it is glorious. Characterisations from everyone are on point, Hugo does not get forgotten. Everyone has amazing personalities (I adore James, omg), the Ginny characterisation is one of the best I've ever seen and just... I can keep going on forever and ever about this series, as it's all so good! It's also very regularly updated (the sequels that is), which is a huge bonus all around. And I know I might not sound coherent, but I promise, you won't regret it if you read this one.

Edited by Ineke

Dojh167

Title: Late Night Comfort

Author: FireOpal

Link(s): hpft

Length / Completed: 1337 words, incomplete

Main Characters: Susan Bones, Eloise Midgen

Main Pairing(s): Eloise Midgen/Susan Bones, Susan Bones/Sally-Anne Perks

Genre(s): Angst, Drama, Hurt/comfort, romance

Summary: Three times that Eloise comforts Susan after tragedy strikes.

Reasons for recommending: The characterization in this piece is excellent and it is a very poignant portrayal of grief. While the main ship in this story is Susan/Eloise, the ghost of Susan/Sally-Anne is so strong and well written, it made this story and the characters feel incredibly realistic and really wrung at my heart.

Vilja

Title: Pine-fresh

Author: melian

Link(s): HPFT (M)

Length / Completed: 747 words / Yes

Main Character(s): Remus Lupin, Sirius Black

Genre(s): Romance, LGBTQA

Summary:

Remus goes to a late-night rendezvous

MuggleMaybe

Title: Constellations (M)

Link(s): +HPFT (M)

Length / Completed: 626 words, complete

Era: Hogwarts (Second Wizarding War)

Main Characters: Susan Bones, Luna Lovegood

Main Pairing(s): Luna Lovegood/Susan Bones

Genre(s): Fluff, Romance

Summary: Susan and Luna share an intimate moment in the greenhouses.

Reasons for recommending: While HPFT has a wealth of LGBTQA pairings to offer, it's not as common to see pairings where the partners have different sexualities and still work. Here, Sam shows us Susan partnered with an ace Luna. They clearly love each other, but Luna shows her love in other ways, and Susan is caught in a moment of navigating that. It's very sweet and so true that real relationships are not the simple "we agree on all of it" scenarios we often write about. Plus, as many of you know, Sam's writing is reliably brilliant.

Title: Pumpkin Spice Chaos

Link(s): +HPFT

Length / Completed: 6115 words, complete

Main Characters: Hugo Weasley, Scorpius Malfoy

Main Pairing(s): Hugo Weasley/Scorpius Malfoy

Genre(s): Fluff, Romance, Humour

Summary: As the youngest Director of the Muggle Liaison Office ever to be appointed, Scorpius Malfoy doesn't have time to date. Scorpius hardly has time to drink his morning coffee before he's hearing a new sob story concerning Muggles.

His newest client has a lot of stories.

-or-

Four times Hugo Weasley needed help from the Director of the Muggle Liaison Office, and one time he didn't.

Reasons for recommending: I absolutely adore this story because it's just so darn cute! She writes Scorpius as so hilariously straight laced, and Hugo as so adorably hopeless, and it's a really interesting rare pair, too. I kind of don't want to say much because I don't want to ruin the surprise. But it's beyond adorable boy-loves-boy fluff and definitely check it out.

Vilja

A very recent one-shot on a super-minor character:

Title: What lies beneath

Author: melian

Link(s): http://archive.hpfanfictalk.com/viewstory.php?sid=1232 (T)

Length / Completed: 1747 words, completed

Era: First Wizarding War (1950-1981)

Main Character(s): Albus Dumbledore, Arthur Weasley, Minerva McGonagall (HP), Molly Weasley I (HP)

Main Pairing(s): None

Genre(s): Angst, Drama, LGBTQA

Summary: Apollyon Pringle is the caretaker at Hogwarts. Unfortunately, he's been a bit liberal with his punishments of late.

Vilja

Title: Two Duels

Link(s): http://archive.hpfanfictalk.com/viewstory.php?sid=385 (T)

Length / Completed: 1003 words (2 chapters), completed

Era: Misc. UK (1100-1950)

Main Character(s): Albus Dumbledore, Gellert Grindelwald (HP)

Main Pairing(s): Albus Dumbledore/Gellert Grindelwald (HP)

Genre(s): Angst, General, Humor, LGBTQA

Summary: Albus Dumbledore and Gellert Grindelwald fight two very different duels.

Dojh167

Title: Scars on my Back

Link(s): (M)

Length / Completed: 11,819 words/9 chapters completed

Era: Misc (Other Fandom)

Main Character(s): Misc

Main Pairing(s): Misc

Genre(s): Action/Adventure, Angst, Crime/Mystery, Romance, Song Fic

Summary: Catastrophe falls, and gets back up

- a narrative exploration of the music video for Taylor Swift's Bad Blood

Reason for Recommending: This story is an amazing mix of a lot of complicated emotions as the main character deals with betrayal, blossoming relationships, and trying to move on when it's not that simple. It is a really thorough and inventive exploration of the Bad Blood music video (which is nice for an other fandom story - it only takes watching a quick video to understand the context). Oh, and EVERYONE IS GAY. It is seriously awesome, check it out.