Welcome to HPFT

We are a multi-fandom/original fiction community with roots in the Harry Potter fandom community. We strive to maintain a strong focus on author feedback and inclusive writing. Here on the forums, you can join a house and participate in House Cup events, participate in writing challenges, play games, and much more!

Join the Forums

Check out the Archives

HPFT has a moderated multi-fandom/original fiction archive with an unlimited queue. There you can post your writing, as well as read and review other members' writing. Be sure to stop by and check out our latest featured stories!

Join the Archives

Find us on Social Media

HPFT is active on social media. You can find us and many members busily tweeting on Twitter, join us for livestreams on YouTube, check out aesthetics on Instagram, get sneak peeks on Snapchat, and interact on Tumblr! All our social media links can be found below.

News Ticker
  • THE HOUSE CUP FINALE HAS BEGUN!
  • Keep an eye on the Prefects' Blog for House Writing Award results.
Sign in to follow this  
FlamingQuilltips

Grey's Anatomy

FlamingQuilltips

Okay, this is my guilty pleasure TV show. There's so much drama, and medicine and hospitals, there's just nothing for me to not love in this.

[move]Are there any other fans here? [/move]

I had a lot of time on my hands and was inspired to sort Christina Yang into a Hogwarts House.

Christina Yang, in my opinion, is a Slytherin. She is extremely ambitious and goal oriented, and is like a shark when it comes to success. She doesn’t shy away from competition and doesn’t rest until she wins. Her life is driven by her intellect and logic, and never once have I seen her make decisions that aren’t the logical step.  I could have sorted her into Ravenclaw, but I didn’t because though she is definitely one of the brightest surgeons Seattle Grace Mercy West has seen, she grew into this woman who came to care about her friends, and stick through them despite her own personal issues. She deals with every feeling, every emotion in a pragmatic manner and never once swayed from her chosen path. She knew from day one that she wanted to become a cardiothoracic surgeon, and she didn’t let anyone stop her - not even her broken wedding to her mentor Person Burke, nor the horribly demeaning treatment meted out to her by Erica Hahn. But though she appears cold and distant to people, the way she stuck through Meredith Grey, and Alex through their problems, the way she went out of her way to help Izzy when she had cancer, the way she stuck through Owen’s PTSD to be with him are all classic examples of her fierce loyalty to near and dear ones. She didn’t extend that to those she didn’t consider her innermost circle. Her brains may be really brilliant, but she is driven by her ambition making her a perfect Slytherin.

What do you think? Should she be in Ravenclaw instead? What about the rest of them? Can you imagine a Greys/HP Crossover, or AU perhaps?

Dojh167

Yes, Cristina is totally a Slytherin! I have house headcanons about a lot f them, but not enough feelings to write it all out. one of them, however...

Alex Karev, or as I like to refer to him “ragey Hufflepuff.” Alex cares very deeply about those close to him. He is a Hufflepuff by nature, but one who has been very badly damaged. As a young man he stepped up as the caregiver in his family, not just for his younger siblings, but for his unwell mother. This was an incredibly formative experience for him, contributing both to his hufflepuff and ragey sides. This scenario is recreated through the show, most notably with Ava/Rebbaca and that heartbreaking scene “I was a kid then and I’m a man now, so I’ll be better at it.” Alex’s deep anger comes from the feeling of helplessness of not being able to protect those he cares about, which is the most important thing to him. He has a deep seated need to love and be loved, but he is hardened by what he sees as the cruel reality of the world and people in it. As much as he needs love, he doesn’t believe that he is capable or deserving of giving or receiving it. He will go down swinging for those he loves, and he will probably beat himself up along the way for thinking he’s not good enough for them. He is very hard working, and will put the needs of others before his own, working tirelessly regardless of credit. There is no part of me that believes that any part of Karev is anything but Hufflepuff. He is certainly not the stereotypical sunshiney kind Hufflepuff, but that doesn’t make it any less true. Hufflepuff + rage = Alex Karev

sunshine_locks

I AGREE THAT CRISTINA YANG IS A SLYTHERIN AND ALEX KAREV IS A HUFFLEPUFF

may i add with no context: april kepner as a gryffindor.

• Like 1

Lostmyheart

Christina Yang is DEFINITELY a Slytherin! :slytherin: She is crazy ambitious and I really loved that about her character, despite all her flaws.

It's been a looong time since I've seen the show, I binge watched it so many times I can't count and then I sold all my DVDs to save money up for studying abroad. I sometimes regret that decision, because even though I can find the show online, it makes me scared to watch it all over again because of the nostalgia. If that makes sense? Like, you remember LOVING IT but it's been years and now you're afraid you won't love it if you re-watch it again. That's me.

Sign in to follow this