Welcome to HPFT

We are a multi-fandom/original fiction community with roots in the Harry Potter fandom community. We strive to maintain a strong focus on author feedback and inclusive writing. Here on the forums, you can join a house and participate in House Cup events, participate in writing challenges, play games, and much more!

Join the Forums

Check out the Archives

HPFT has a moderated multi-fandom/original fiction archive with an unlimited queue. There you can post your writing, as well as read and review other members' writing. Be sure to stop by and check out our latest featured stories!

Join the Archives

Find us on Social Media

HPFT is active on social media. You can find us and many members busily tweeting on Twitter, join us for livestreams on YouTube, check out aesthetics on Instagram, get sneak peeks on Snapchat, and interact on Tumblr! All our social media links can be found below.

News Ticker
  • The House Cup finale will commence shortly!
  • Keep an eye on the Prefects' Blog for House Writing Award results.
  • Ask about our Review Transfer Tool.
Sign in to follow this  
Veritaserum27

James Sirius Potter/OC

Veritaserum27

Post your James II/OC recommendations below!

[b]Title: [/b]
[b]Author: [/b]
[b]Link(s): [/b]
[b]Length / Completed: [/b]
[b]Additional Pairing(s): [/b]
[b]Genre(s): [/b]
[b]Summary: [/b]
[b]Reasons for recommending: [/b](optional)

PaulaTheProkaryote

Title: Survival Instinct

Author: jailbird

Link(s): here (M)

Length / Completed: 27 chapters, not completed yet!

Additional Pairing(s): James/OC, Harry/Ginny, OC/OC, Other Pairing

Genre(s): Humor, Mystery, Romance

Summary:

I didn't have one.

"Did I just speak to Dominique Weasley in Dothraki?"

Neither did Fitz.

Reasons for recommending: (optional) Oh my goodness. I don't know how I ever lived without this story. I binge read all 27 posted chapters in four hours. All of the characters are so wonderfully crafted. You'll love the OC. She's flawed but funny. She's fierce but vulnerable. The relationships are so realistic and just brilliantly written. The best character is one of the side characters/best friends Fitz. He really steals the show. I seriously can't recommend this one enough.

Recent Badges

CambAngst

Title: Trying not to Love You

Author: Elenia

Link: HPFF (M)

Length/Completed: 192,111 words, WIP

Additional Pairing(s): Harry/Ginny

Genre(s): Humor, Romance, Drama

Summary: Just ignore him, Gwen, you can do it! He doesn't feel the same way. Look away, don't get distracted by those gorgeous eyes of his. "You look beautiful," he whispers in my ear. Oh lord, stop saying stuff like that! Can't you see I'm trying not to love you...

Reasons for Recommending: Hannah has created one of the best original characters I've ever read. Funny, quirky, snarky, insecure and with an inner monologue that will make you laugh out loud, you can't help but fall in love with Gwen and root for her as she tries to navigate her impossibly complicated relationship with James. As a bonus, there's a really well-done mystery woven into the story.

MuggleMaybe

Title: The Adventures of Abigail Higgs and Potter Boy

Author: alicia and anne (aka Tammi/WalkingDredd)

Link(s): http://www.harrypotterfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?psid=328026 (mature)

Length / Completed: 165987, completed

Additional Pairing(s): other

Genre(s): Humor, Romance, Action/Adventure

Summary: The idea of a misfit schoolgirl catching the attention of the most popular boy at Hogwarts is, in Abigail Higgs' opinion, merely a story in one of the comic books her father is famous for creating. However, with a love of comics and a determination to turn fiction into reality, James Potter would like to disagree.

Reasons for recommending: (optional) This is such a fun story loaded with cool OCs and an absolutely crush-worthy James

• Like 1

nott theodore

I want to loudly second Trying Not to Love You, but I've got a couple more to add as well!

Title: Off the Rails

Author: water_lily43175

Link(s): HPFF (M)

Length / Completed: completed novel, 64 chapters, 253657 words

Additional Pairing(s): Harry/Ginny, Ron/Hermione, Rose/Scorpius

Genre(s): Humour, Romance, Angst

Summary: Off the Rails: To start behaving strangely, in a way that is not acceptable to society; to lose track of reality.

James' life is perfect. He plays Quidditch for the Falcons, an England future seems certain, and the female attention isn't to be scoffed at.

Then he hooks up with a Muggle.

"Remember when you jumped off the Quidditch hoops without a broom? That was a better idea than this."

Reasons for recommending: This isn't your average James Potter II/OC story.  Ellie's a fantastic writer and she creates such vivid portraits of her characters that you can't help loving them all, as well as building the world really well, especially in terms of Quidditch.  As well as the romance, this novel also won a Dobby for best plot twist - I won't give too much away, but you won't regret reading it, and you won't expect the twists, either.

Title: Derailed

Author: water_lily43175

Length / Completed: WIP novel - 8 chapters so far (42575 words)

Additional Pairing(s): Harry/Ginny, Rose/Scorpius

Genre(s): Mystery, Romance, Angst

Summary: Derail; transitive verb: to upset the stability or composure of

She never thought she’d have to choose between the world she’d entered and the one she’d left behind.

“This is the biggest move we’ve made in centuries. If we get it wrong, hell will rain down on us all.”

Reasons for recommending: This novel is the sequel to Off the Rails, told from the perspective of a different character who's central to the first story.  Again, the writing is fantastic, and Ellie builds on the familiar characters you've already grown to love from the first novel so that they grow even more in this one.

BellaLestrange87

Title: No Strings Attached

Author: ShieldSnitch3

Length / Completed: 31,211 / 7 chapters / no

Additional Pairing(s): none

Genre(s): Fluff, Humour, Romance

Summary: I think I started to disappoint my family at age seven, when I set my sister's ball gown on fire during some fancy social event. And after each successive "incident," nobody thought I could do much worse.

Then I woke up next to this random scrawny bloke named James with a ring on my finger, a marriage certificate stuffed in my hand, and a head pounding from the dregs of debauchery.

Mum is going to kill me.

Recent Badges

Crimson Quill

Title: Ways to ruin a wedding

Author: BuckyStilinski (Tammi)

Link(s): Click (M)

Length / Completed: 4676 / no

Additional Pairing(s): Rose/Scorpius & Albus/Scorpius

Genre(s): Drama, Humor, Romance

Summary: When Hayley was invited to the wedding of the year - albeit under the guise of Albus' fake girlfriend - she didn't think it would be this entertaining.

But, with a psychotic bridezilla on the loose, the best man trying to steal the heart of the groom, a 'father-in-law' she last met under different circumstances, and a 'brother-in-law' who makes her heart skip a beat. It was going to be chaotic.

Reasons for recommending: Tammi is next gen Queen as she already has a mention in this thread, I really love this story. The OC is really fun and well written. The impressive thing about this story is that Tammi has taken a well loved trope and really made it her own! <333

• Like 1

Sleepingbagonthesofa
Posted (edited)

Thanks to @PaulaTheProkaryote I've noticed we have two huge stories missing from this thread!

Title: Home

Author: @adorably cute

Link(s): HPFT (M)

Length / Completed: 58663/ No

Additional Pairing(s): Fred Weasley II/ OC and Louis Weasley/ OC

Genre(s): Drama, Humour, Romance

Summary: Home was a rather relative word for the girl who bounced between countries to divorced parents (who continue to do so, going for the record there Mom?), but perhaps, as Carson Wood is coming to find, the word can mean more than just a house with furniture inside.

Or, of family, friendship, finding love, and a bit of Quidditch.

Reasons for recommending: This story is all about the OC! Carson is a complete fireball with about as much sass as you could pack into a character. You'll fall in love with her from the start but she keeps you on your toes throughout, I'm still desperate to know whats coming with each new chapter. And that doesn't even cover the attention to detail (Ummm, Quidditch!?) and the amazing one-liners that Sarah puts into her writing. 

Title: Complicated

Author: @ShadowRose

Link(s): HPFT (M)

Length / Completed: 112632/ No 

Additional Pairing(s): none

Genre(s): Drama, Humour, Romance

Summary: Clearly I underestimated the gravity of the situation.

Mix one Queen Bee, James Potter, and a whole lot of drama - and things are bound to get complicated.

Reasons for recommending: Complicated is probably the best example of character development I've ever seen in FanFic.  When you first meet Abby she's the sort of character that you either love to hate or that makes you want to grind your teeth... 40+ chapters later and she's a whole new person that will become one of your favourites. The love story is as dramatic and addictive as it is, well, complicated and to top it all off Taylor's James is brilliant! 

These two feed my love for James/OC fics. Both of the girls have built amazing stories with huge casts of interesting, fleshed out characters and there's a LOT of drama to go around. The OC's are the stars of the show, each of them going on their own, different journeys. They are both incredible so GO! READ THEM! 😍

Edited by Sleepingbagonthesofa
  • Like 3

Sign in to follow this