HPFanficTalk
  • Announcements

• abhorsen.

February Bulletin   01/31/2018

February's bulletin is up! It includes information about recent staff/prefect bumps, our secret cupid event, our monthly awards, and more! You can check it out +here.
    • abhorsen.

2018 FROGS Winners   02/10/2018

We've announced the winners of our 2018 FROGS Winners! You can check out the livestream +here and the awards post on the forums +here!
forever_dreaming

forever_dreaming's reviews

Hello! :)

I'm here to offer reviews! This is sort of a win-win deal for both of us, because I'll get new fics to read and you'll get some (hopefully great) feedback!

What I read:

- practically anything in the HP fandom & Original Fiction

- I'm a little inexperienced with LGBT+ fics but I'm happy to explore outside what I typically read :)

- I'm also not as experienced with reviewing action/thriller fics, but again, excited to explore!

- Chapters <8,000 words.

- I am not comfortable with rape, abuse, or suicide.

Form:

Story Name & Author:

Link to Fic:

Warnings + Advisories:

Length:

Genre:

Pairings (if any):

Summary:

Specific Areas of Concern:

Hello! *waves*

Story Name & Author: Slaying Demons & Crimson Quill

Link to Fic: http://archive.hpfanfictalk.com/viewstory.php?sid=854&chapter=1

Warnings + Advisories: None

Length: 1881 words

Genre: Fluff

Pairings (if any): Sirius Black/Remus Lupin

Summary:

"Sirius, you are the light within my darkness. I'll fly with you tonight,"

Specific Areas of Concern: nothing really, just general thoughts! you said you haven't had that much experience with lgbt+ fics but it's pretty fluffy so maybe a nice one to dip your toe into this genre! :)

Do you have an archives account as you're new? I've linked you to the story on our archives but I think you can leave a review without an account but it's also on hpff with the same title/username if you prefer?

Hi! I've yet to create an account on the archive (planning on doing that today!) but I do have an hpff account (same username) so I'll post my review there, if that's okay :)

Hi there!

So, this is a longer fic, but most of the chapters are shorter (especially the beginning ones).  I'd love to know what you think!

Story Name & Author:  Actions Speak Louder Than Words by Veritaserum27

Link to Fic:  HPFF | HPFT (both M)

Warnings + Advisories:  Contains profanity, Strong violence, Scenes of a sexual nature, Substance abuse, Sensitive topic/issue/theme

Length:  167,595 words/43 Chapters (so far!)

Genre:  Drama/Romance/Angst

Pairings (if any):  Rose/Scorpius

Summary:  Bravery comes in many different forms, especially for a Ravenclaw like Rose.

Specific Areas of Concern: There are so many ScoRose fics out there!  I really tried to make this one a bit different, because they are my OTP and I wanted to make them have their own personalities, that are influenced by their parents, but not carbon copies.  Since you mentioned that characterization is your strong point, I'd love to know what you think.  Thanks!

Hey! This is so awesome, I was actually just adding your fic to my TBR. Because it's a longer fic, it might take me a little while to get through it all--I hope that's okay :) I'll definitely focus on characterization.

Hello! It's lovely to meet you!

Since you specifically said you'll read original fiction, I have an original fantasy story I've just started posting  ;D

Story Name & Author: The Wild Princess by victoria_anne

Link to Fic: HPFT (M)

Warnings + Advisories: Hate speech, sexual content, substance abuse, violence

Length: 7609 words over two chapters

Genre: Fantasy

Pairings (if any): OC/OC

Summary:

If fate said you couldn't have the life you wanted, would you listen?

Delaney is a princess who wants adventure but fate tells her she can't. Tristan is a dragon rider with a secret past and no manners. When a common goal unites them, they are forced to put aside their differences and work together. Danger waits at every turn, and Delaney and Tristan learn more about themselves than they bargained for, and discover they have more in common than they think.   

Specific Areas of Concern: Since it's original, it's totally scary for me to be sharing it, but I'm looking for any feedback I can get :)

Thank you!

Hi :) Can I come here with request? <3

I have a story I wrote for a task in the maze, and although everything was quite rushed then, I kind of liked the idea by the end, and would like to edit this one-shot to a decent piece.

Title: Two Broomriders’ Guide to the Moon. A Trilogy in Four Parts

Link: HPFT (T)

Words: 1213

Genere: Fluff, Adventure

Concerns: Does this make sense at all? Our task was to write in a setting outside Earth - I'm concerned that this is all very OOC. As this was for an Astronomy exam, I played a little with physics equations for naming the titles, is that in place, or shall I remove that with the edit. And in general, what do you think?

Thank you so much!

Hi :) Can I come here with request? <3

I have a story I wrote for a task in the maze, and although everything was quite rushed then, I kind of liked the idea by the end, and would like to edit this one-shot to a decent piece.

Title: Two Broomriders’ Guide to the Moon. A Trilogy in Four Parts

Link: HPFT (T)

Words: 1213

Genere: Fluff, Adventure

Concerns: Does this make sense at all? Our task was to write in a setting outside Earth - I'm concerned that this is all very OOC. As this was for an Astronomy exam, I played a little with physics equations for naming the titles, is that in place, or shall I remove that with the edit. And in general, what do you think?

Thank you so much!

Hello! Sorry for the late reply, I've been quite busy lately! I would be delighted to review this, it looks like a very interesting fic :) Give me a couple days--I'll try to review it by the end of this coming weekend.

Link to Chapter(s):A Moment (M)

Word Count: 4829 Words (One-Shot) 

Summary:Rolf Scamander needs a day off.  Written for MNFF’s Nineteen Years Later Challenge 1 September 2017.  

Advisories: Self-Harm, Substance Abuse & Violence 

Genre:Drama/ Next Generation 

Main Characters:Luna Lovegood, Newt Scamander and Rolf Scamander 

Ships:Rolf Scamander & Luna Lovegood 

Areas of Concern: I want to know if the dialogue is realistic or if it fits into the plot.  Ant feedback would be helpful.  

Preferred Staffer (if applicable): No preference.  If it’s top early to re-request, ignore. 

Edited by TidalDragon
Remove reference to previous post; user requested deleted post be ignored

Hello Shreya!! I see that your request thread is looking rather lonely, lol!! :P  I'll just leave this here for you then... 

Story & Author Name: Doing the Right Thing by RoxiMalfoy
Warnings & Advisories: None
Genres: AU, Dark/Horror
Length: One-Shot, 1,500 Words
Ships: N/A
Summary: Mother had always said that I was different. She believed that I was capable of doing the right thing. Whatever that meant...
Areas of Concern: This is a missing moment from my main Novel; Love, Not War. It actually takes place 3 months before the events of the main story begin. I'd love to hear your thoughts on this before coming back to request the full story. It's rather short, so just feel free to point out whatever sticks out to you. Thank you so much!! ^_^  

• Like 1

HI SHREYA I'M HERE TO REQUEST YOUR LOVELY REVIEWS

Story Name & Author: red luck by justawillowtree

Link to Fic: here! (T)

Warnings + Advisories: none

Length: 4.7K

Genre: drama, fluff, romance

Pairings (if any): rose weasley/oc

Summary: I never realized how much I loved the scent of peppermint, until it was three days till Christmas break and Rose still hadn’t asked me to visit her family.

Specific Areas of Concern: nothing specific! just feel free to be honest, and give constructive criticism where needed ^_^ 

Story Name & Author: untrue, untrue by justawillowtree

Link to Fic: here! (M)

Warnings + Advisories: hate speech

Length: 680 words

Genre: angst, general

Pairings (if any): none

Summary: She wasn't.

Specific Areas of Concern: just want to hear your thoughts! :wub: 

Thank you so much! <3

• Like 1

As a note to anyone else looking for reviews, here’s my new policy:

- You can request as many reviews as you like in one go, as long as the sum total is not more than 20K words. Just note that it’ll take a little longer for me to read if your request is upwards of 12K. Then you’ll probably get your reviews on the weekends :) 

- LGBTQ+ fics are perfectly fine now :D Honestly, anything’s okay, aside from graphic depictions of suicide as that makes me uncomfortable. If you’re feeling unsure, just ask; I’ll let you know if I don’t feel comfortable reviewing. 

- I’m open to reading from the following fandoms, in addition to OF & Harry Potter: MCU, SVTHSA, ATLA/LOK, Hamilton, Hunger Games, Merlin (though I’m a little shaky on my plot knowledge of Merlin since I watched the show a while ago!), Pride & Prejudice, Stranger Things. If you want a review for something that falls under Other Fandom, just send me a PM. I read a lot/watch a lot of TV so I may be familiar enough to be able to write a fair review :) 

- I’ll take between 3-5 requests at a time, depending on how busy I am. 

I’m currently accepting two more requests. 

Hello, my story needs some love! 

Author Name: hasane

Story Title and link: Miracle (here! M)

Warnings and Advisories: profanity, violence, scenes of sexual nature (the latter is mild as of now and the violence is because I needed it for the premise of the story in the beginning)

Genre: romance, humor, angst

Length: 19,023

Characters: OCs, canon next gen characters

Ships: Albus/OC (eventually), Scorpius/OC

Summary: She was told it was a miracle, but it was more akin to a curse, if one looks at how much she lost. 

Or alternatively: What would happen if a wizard gave a muggle a blood transfusion?

Areas of Concern: coherency, grammar, flow, etc. 

• Like 1

Hi! Would you be interested in my little thaang?

Story Name & Author:  Wrong number by Tecla Sunrise

Link to Fic: here

Warnings + Advisories: profanity and mentions of substance abuse

Length: 7,832 - completed

Genre: humor, romance

Pairings (if any): James Sirius/OC

Summary: Have you ever called the wrong number?
At least once in your life.
...but what if it were the right time?

Specific Areas of Concern: Since english is my second language, i'd love a take on the expressions used or daily sentences; also, i'd love to know if the story doesn't look too farfetched and if it's credible - as much as it can be, anyway

thank you!

• Like 1

Shreya!! I know we've been talking about this for a while now, but I'm so excited the time has finally for you to start reading LNW!!! xD

Story & Author Name: Love, Not War [M] by RoxiMalfoy
Warnings & Advisories: Hate Speech, Suicide, Violence
Genres: Angst, AU, Horror/Dark, Drama
Length: Novel (21 Chapters) WIP: 139,944 so far
Ships: Draco/OC, Lucius/Narcissa, Molly/Arthur, 
Summary: When tragedy strikes, Lucius Malfoy is forced to make a difficult decision. He then hands his only son over to the Order of the Phoenix, in the hopes that they will protect him from Lord Voldemort. Now, with nowhere else to go, Draco Malfoy is stuck living at the Burrow with the Weasley’s. But when another new witch from America moves in too, things start to get... interesting.
Areas of Concern: Chapters 1-4 just hits the 20k word mark, so if you have time to do the first 4 chapters, that would be awesome!! :yay: If not, and you can only do two or three chapters this go around, I will be happy with whatever, honestly!! I am just soo excited that you're interested in the Novel and wanting to read it, Shreya!! Thank you so, so much for the wonderful reviews!!! :wub: 

Edited by RoxiMalfoy
  • Like 1

Story & Author Name: Icarus by Stella Blue (M) -- chapter 15 "Tempus Fugit"
Warnings & Advisories:   Eating Disorders, Hate Speech, Sexual Content, Substance Abuse, Violence
Genres: Action/Adventure, AU, Drama, Sci-Fi
Length: 20 chapters/68,267 words; chapter 15 is 5067 words
Ships: Lily II/OC
Summary: Well, I've sort of erased Voldemort from history and trapped myself in a parallel universe, and things are pretty different now. For example, I don't actually exist. Brilliant.
Areas of Concern: Honestly, I'm just curious what you'll think of the rest of the story, as you've read most of it for the winter wonderland! So... general thoughts/whatever you feel like commenting on. (Because my areas of concern are so very unspecific, I understand if you want to skip this request :P)

Thank you! :rose:

• Like 1

Hey, Shreya, sweety! :wub: I don't think I ever had the pleasure of one of your reviews (I think?) so I thought I'd stop by... :P

Story Name & Author: Liar by Felpata_Lupin

Link to Fic: here (M)

Warnings + Advisories: violence, sexual content, domestic abuse, substance abuse

Length: story is 10 chapters and 52467 words, the first chapter is 2599 words

Genre: angst, drama, romance, AU

Pairings (if any): Peter/Remus + others

Summary:

We were meant to be friends, Remus. You know it, as well as I do.

Two children who grew up together. Two boys struggling on their paths towards adulthood. Two men faced with darkness too thick for them to get through.

A Peter/Remus story.

Set in the All the truth about Jimmy Portman's universe.

Specific Areas of Concern: nothing in particular, just curious about your thoughts :hug:

• Like 1

@Felpata_Lupin @RoxiMalfoy @Stella BlueHey guys! I just wanted to let you know that I haven’t forgotten about your requests, but that it’s going to take me much longer than anticipated because I’ve been swamped with more and more assignments. I’ll try to have them finished in a couple weeks though. Thanks for your patience! ❤️

Shreya!! I finally managed to answer your reviews and they were lovely! Sooo, since you seemed to like James and Elizabeth, maybe you feel like reading the sequel?

Story Name & Author: Uncertain future (M) by Tecla Sunrise

Link to Fic: here

Warnings + Advisories: Contains profanity, Scenes of a mild sexual nature

Length: 7565 over 4 chapters

Genre: Drama, Humor, Romance 

Pairings (if any): James Sirius/oc

Summary: 
James and Elizabeth have been a couple for four months.
They’re falling in love and everything is going perfectly.
Until James mentions a Sunday lunch with his family.

"Absolutely no"

Specific Areas of Concern: I'm changing pov every chapter, so I'd love to know if the characters do feel different and well explained!

Alsooo, there's a small, tiny prequel!

Story Name & Author: Right party (M) by Tecla Sunrise

Link to Fic: here

Warnings + Advisories: profanity

Length: 1817 words

Genre: Humor, Romance

SummaryAfter catching Louis in bed with another woman, Elizabeth is 21, single, working insane hours and gaining weight. 
Months later, the last thing she wants to do is going to Cassandra’s party
Vic insists. Someone steps on her foot.
It’s the start of something.

Specific Areas of Concern: I'd love to know if Vic and Elizabeth's characters make sense and if their relationship seems believable!

Thank you so much in advance! :rose:

UA-79258518-1