Alopex

Staff Review Thread

I did forever_dreaming's! :)

Slots: 

1. Felpata Lupin

2. LunaStellaCat

3. Open! 

Posted (edited)
[b]Link to Chapter(s):[/b] Luna's Law: or the Dangers of Amortentia (M)
[b]Word Count:[/b] 5531, over 2 chapters
[b]Summary:[/b] Cormac McLaggen has been apppointed flying instructor at Hogwarts, but he has a dark secret in his past. Luna Scamander teams up with Rita Skeeter and Hermione Weasley to push through changes in the way the law treats dosing someone with Amortentia.
[b]Advisories:[/b] Hate Speech, Self-Harm, Sexual Assault, Sexual Content, Slavery, Substance Abuse, Suicide, Violence
[b]Genre:[/b] dark/horror, drama
[b]Main Characters:[/b] Cormac McLaggen, Luna Lovegood, Rita Skeeter, Hermione Weasley, Harry Potter, Neville Longbottom
[b]Ships:[/b] none of importance
[b]Areas of Concern:[/b] I wanted this story to explore how victims of sexual abuse are often abused again by the legal system, and that it's possible that someone may try to change this for the better. Does this do a good job of showing this? I wanted the abuse to be 'in your face' so it's not hiding behind innuendoes. Does this capture that?
[b]Preferred Staffer (if applicable):[/b] no preferred staffer, but please only read if you are comfortable with the topic.

Hmm, some weirdness happened with the formatting here, not sure why?

Edited by pookha

I did Chiara!

Slots: 

1. LunaStellaCat

2. pookha

3. Open! 

Link to Chapter(s): Luna's Law: or the Dangers of Amortentia (M) chapter 2
Word Count: about 2400
Summary: Cormac McLaggen has been apppointed flying instructor at Hogwarts, but he has a dark secret in his past. Luna Scamander teams up with Rita Skeeter and Hermione Weasley to push through changes in the way the law treats dosing someone with Amortentia.

Warning: the sexual assault advisory on this is real, and it explores also the demeaning questions that lawyers ask victims of sexual assault.
Genre: dark/horror, drama
Main Characters: Cormac McLaggen, Luna Lovegood, Rita Skeeter, Hermione Weasley, Harry Potter
Ships: none
Areas of Concern: did I do a decent job making Rita a sympathetic character in this chapter. Overall thoughts about the story arc.
Preferred Staffer (if applicable): Veritaserum27 (since she left such a nice review on the first chapter)

Thank you so much for the nice review on the first chapter. Requesting 2nd chapter, please.

Can I request again for the second chapter of my Merlin fic? The first review was SO LOVELY!  If not, just skip me. :)

Link to Chapter(s): http://archive.hpfanfictalk.com/viewstory.php?sid=1233&chapter=2 (M)
Word Count: 1929 words
Summary: Kidnapped by a mad king, Arthur and Merlin must rely on each other like never before. While Arthur struggles with choices that put his heart and duty at odds, Merlin struggles just to stay alive after being stripped of his magic and freedom. With impossible choices and heavy secrets weighing them down, can they manage to escape before all is lost?   Advisories:  Domestic Abuse, Slavery, Substance Abuse, Suicide, Violence
Genre:  Action/Adventure, Angst, Drama, Hurt/Comfort
Main Characters: Merlin and Arthur
Ships: ---
Preferred Staffer (if applicable): Anyone who wants to read it, though I know it's the second chapter so if LadyL8 wants to keep going, I would love to hear more.  Also, I KNOW life is busy and someone else may need to pick up this request and might not want to jump into a non-Harry Potter fic.  If that's the case, I'll be happy with whatever you review. :)

On 9/1/2017 at 5:56 PM, toomanycurls said:

LunaStellaCat is done! :read:

1. Pookha 

2. Victoria_Anne

3. Open

Ive got Pookha!

1. Victoria_Anne (requested review by RoxiMalfoy)

2. 1917Farmgirl

3. Open

I'm back :couch:

Link to Chapter(s): When the Smoke Clears (M) 
Word Count: prologue is 1657 words
Summary: Seven years after Praimfaya nearly destroyed the planet, the ground has become livable again. Society has begun to rebuild itself, and there is an uneasy peace between the survivors of the thirteen clans. 
Among them are Clarke Griffin and Bellamy Blake, but a lot has changed in seven years.

They’ve managed to survive the end of the world, but now their biggest challenge is facing each other and everything left unsaid.
Advisories: sexual content, spoilers (through end of season 4), substance abuse, violence 
Genre: angst, drama, fluff, hurt/comfort, romance 
Main Characters: Bellamy Blake, Clarke Griffin, Octavia Blake, John Murphy, Raven Reyes
Ships: Bellamy/Clarke, eventual Murphy/Raven
Areas of Concern: characterization, flow, relationships, general introduction of the story, feel, dialogue 
Preferred Staffer (if applicable): anyone familiar with The 100, but if that's not available, anyone who wants to read it  I'd also be curious to see how it stacks up if you're not familiar with the fandom, so.

Thanks! 

Done with yours, Jill!

1. Victoria_Anne (requested review by RoxiMalfoy)
  2. dreamgazer220
  3. OPEN

Link to Chapter(s): The Fading Light
Word Count:3014
Summary: Saving the world can come at a cost.  Is there a point when being the super hero costs too much?
Advisories: None
Genre: General
Main Characters: Original Characters
Ships: Mark/Nadia
Areas of Concern: Looking for general thoughts, did the story play out well? I tried to use a small bit of imagery as well and I am wondering if is noticeable and plays well.
Preferred Staffer (if applicable):  None

Link to Chapter(s): Brown Eyed Girl [T]
Word Count: Ch 1 is 1463 words
Summary:

Perri Laughlin had a weakness and her name was Raven Reyes.

Advisories: Spoilers
Genre: Drama, Fluff, General, Romance
Main Characters: Raven Reyes, OC
Ships: Raven Reyes/OC 
Areas of Concern: General thoughts, flow, dialogue, did the scene seem to work between the two characters
Preferred Staffer (if applicable): Anyone familiar with The 100, but it's not a big deal if they're not ^_^

Link to Chapter(s): Libby (M)

Word Count:4000 Words

Summary:Lucius Malfoy wants his property back. The polite answer is no.  

Advisories: Slavery, Substance Abuse, Sexual Content

Genre: Drama

Main Characters: Minerva McGonagall, Albus Dumbledore, Elphinstone Urquart and Lucius Malfoy 

Ships: Minerva McGonagall and Elphinstone Urquart 

Areas of Concern: Characterization, Dialogue, Plot, Missing Plot Holes, Anything Else

Preferred Staffer Abhorsen or toomanycurls are really helpful, but anyone, really

Edited by LunaStellaCat
Edit link

I did LSC's review.  All slots are open!

1.  -

2. -

3. -

Link to Chapter(s): A Prayer , chapter 3 (M)

Word Count: 2317 words

Summary: Mereddon is Helga's Muggle Queen's name in this story. The era was turning severe to founders given the circumstance, many wars in the Muggle world and they came to hate wizards and witches.

Advisories: Hate Speech, Sexual Assault, Violence

Genre: Angst, AU, drama

Main Characters: Salazar Slytherin, Rowena Ravenclaw, Godric Gryffindor, Helga Hufflepuff

Ships: Salazar / Rowena (the ship is not described so much in this chapter)

Areas of Concern: Plot ( if you can enjoy it or not), missing descriptions about any things you find

Preferred Staffer: I really appreciate anyone for sparing time for this. 

Link to Chapter(s): Chapter One: Things Fall Apart (m)
Word Count: 2644 words
Summary:

Recently, things have not being going well for Izzy Fawley, and she's sure its only about 75% her own fault

Advisories: Eating Disorders, Sexual Content, Substance Abuse
Genre: Drama, Humor, Romance
Main Characters: James Sirius Potter, OC
Ships: James Potter/OC 
Areas of Concern: characterisation, flow, plotting, any grammar stuff as well! 
Preferred Staffer (if applicable): n/a

Link to Chapter(s): Chapter One: What We Both Deserve (M)
Word Count: 8696 words
Summary:

"Alright, Tonks, calm down. You’re doing this for Remus. Don’t forget that this is all for Remus. Whatever he does, just play along. You can do this."

Advisories: Discrimination, Dying/Grieving, Lycanthropy
Genre: Action/Adventure, Hurt/Comfort
Main Characters: Tonks, Remus
Ships: Tonks/Remus
Areas of Concern: Is the idea too far-fetched? Is Tonks in character?
Preferred Staffer (if applicable): n/a

I did verses' review, finally.  Sorry for the wait!  :$

1. CambAngst
  2. -
  3. -

UA-79258518-1