HPFanficTalk
  • Announcements

• abhorsen.

January Bulletin   12/31/2017

January's bulletin is up! It includes information about recent staff/prefect bumps, the upcoming FROGS, some special awards, and more! You can check it out +here.
ShazaLupin

The Dialogue or Description challenge- Deadline 15th December

The Dialogue or Description challenge

Challenge Deadline: 15th December (because I start uni on Monday and that's when I break up for Christmas so that's when I'll realistically have the most time to judge and leave prizes:couch:)

Challenge Details: So basically I was talking to some of you lovely people (and I don't remember who, I'm so sorry ) and it kind of appeared that most people preferred writing ether dialogue or description, not really both. Therefore this challenge is going to get you to try and specifically write the one you don't like, but with a little bit of help.
If you're interested, leave a comment and please say which you find the hardest to write, dialogue or description.(don't cheat, cause then it's not much of a challenge:P) Then, after about 2 weeks I'll pair you up with someone who is the opposite and together you have to try and write a story, one person doing the dialogue and one person doing the description. Obviously you can help each other out but not to much, I want this to be somewhat difficult! 

Therefore, no takers or maybes, just please try your best to get it written and only one-shots accepted for this!  Also, feel free to keep entering after the two weeks is up, I'll just keep putting people together as they enter! :D

Accepted Fandom(s): Just Harry Potter for this challenge, otherwise it would be too difficult (unless you can find a fandom both of you and myself are interested in!)

Accepted Ratings: Any as long as it's accepted on the archives :)

Rewards: 

I'll review every entry and try to get graphics to people but I'm not very artistic so no promises!

3rd place: 1 additional review for each author.

2nd place: 2 additional reviews for each author.

1st place: 3 additional reviews for each author + Meet the Author Questions!

Edited by ShazaLupin

Yikes, I really want to lie and do the easy thing and say I can't do dialogue, but alas.

I normally start my drafts by mostly just getting in the dialogue and then go back and pull out my hair trying to do the description...

Though that may give me an advantage here cause I'm kinda used to writing description in a separate run from dialogue!

Ooh.. Description and I don't get along. I'd love to have a chance to improve!

I would say description but it definitely is (surprisingly) not the one I have more trouble with. I have to say dialogue because I'm not social so I don't know how normal people talk to each other. Though at times I've been able to write witty and convincing dialogue, I have to piece it together bit by bit and it takes me hours to find the right words for characters to say because I'm the most self-doubting person ever.

Yay! I'm glad people are interested, I'll be back in about a week to pair you up so feel free to keep putting your name down! 

Dialogue:

ImaRavenclaw

Description:

Dojh167

Jen25

I hate dialogue. 
I'm awkward.

(While I am horrible at coming up with plots (so you might think description) I have written a story purely by describing it then inserting dialogue much much later. [Then adding in more description, which I LOVE!])
This means I am in btw. :) hehe

Yay, more takers! Hey guy!!

Dialogue:

ImaRavenclaw

Bittersweetflames

Description:

Dojh167

Jen25

MalfoysAngels

Okay I'm going to start pairing people now so check below for pairs, and if you don't get one now, I'll pair you up soon when more people sign up or I'll step in!

1. ImaRavenclae and Dojh167

2. Bittersweetflames and Jen25

I suck at dialogue. Probably obvious by how many of my oneshots are mostly streams of consciousness. This might be a good challege to do since I could have another person riding my ass instead of just relying on myself. Small time frame now but I saw one person didn't get paired and I could at least make a attempt.

Edited by Shadowkat678

Lily and I aren't giving up!

I may need a bit of an extension, but I'll try my best to get it in by the deadline!

lol I submitted the story, and made a perfect mess of it by hitting submit before I filled in most of the story shell, and not realizing it would go into the queue..... :couch:

You'll have it soon though

UA-79258518-1