HPFanficTalk
Dojh167

The Totally Constraining Challenge | Deadline: 16 December 2017

Challenge Name: Dojh167’s Totally Constraining Challenge
Challenge Deadline: December 16th (cause I saw there were challenge deadlines on the 14th and 15th and decided to be that person)
Accepted Fandom(s): OF or any fandom (feel free to ask if I know a fandom, but I will not be doing extra research for fandoms I don’t know)
Accepted Ratings: A through M
Challenge Details: I love experimental styles and constrained writing, so this challenge is a way to encourage people to push their limits there!

• This challenge has a first come first served style. There are 8 prompts below. The first person to sign up can chose from the full list, and the next person can choose from the remaining 7, and so on. If 8 people sign up, I will open the full list of 8 again.

• If the prompt you chose does not work for you, you can come back and switch it with another available prompt.

• If you want to try to use more than one of the prompts at the same time I won't stop you, but you only need to claim one

• All entries should be one shots

• All entries should be posted on the HPFT archive.

• Can be combined with other challenges

• Pre-writtens are allowed, though I'd be seriously surprised if you had one

• If desired, I can also give you a random prompt for character or ship

1. Write a story without using the first or last letter in your username (if the last letter is the same as the first, use the second to last)

2. Write a story that can be read backwards and forwards (either via words or sentences)

3. Write a story that doesn’t use any word more than once

4. Write a story without verbs

5. Write a story where the first sentence starts with A, second starts with B, and so on.

6. Write a story with a vocabulary of 50 words (the story should be longer than 50 words, but only 50 unique words can be used)

7. Write a story with no words shorter than three letters

8. Write a story in which each word in each sentence is one letter longer than the last (resetting at the start of new sentences)

Most of these prompts have been done before, so if you’re feeling stuck do a little research for inspiration! Some examples can be found here (please appreciate how I didn’t include the last three examples!)

Rewards: Reward and participation graphics, 3 reviews for first place, 2 for second, 1 for third

Edited by Dojh167

Awesome! I can't wait to see what you come up with

Participants

Abhorsen- 8

Available Prompts

1. Write a story without using the first or last letter in your username (if the last letter is the same as the first, use the second to last)

2. Write a story that can be read backwards and forwards (either via words or sentences)

5. Write a story where the first sentence starts with A, second starts with B, and so on.

6. Write a story with a vocabulary of 50 words (the story should be longer than 50 words, but only 50 unique words can be used)

8. Write a story in which each word in each sentence is one letter longer than the last (resetting at the start of new sentences)

Yasss I had you particularly in mind for this challenge

Participants

Abhorsen - 8

Rumplestiltskin - 5

Available Prompts

• Like 1

It's yours!

Participants

Abhorsen - 8

Rumplestiltskin - 5

MegGonagall - 2

Available Prompts

• Like 1

I hope you get something to work =)

Participants

Abhorsen - 8

Rumplestiltskin - 5

MegGonagall - 2

ImaRavenclaw - 3

Available Prompts

I just realized #6 would be super useful for teaching at times, so I'm gonna snatch that up! ^_^

Yasss good luck! Let's see if you can out-perform Green Eggs and Ham ;)

Participants

Abhorsen - 8

Rumplestiltskin - 5

MegGonagall - 2

ImaRavenclaw - 3

MuggleMaybe - 6

Available Prompts

Heeeeey, how do you feel about a Texas Chainsaw Massacre fanfiction? [Obviously, keeping the violence way down to a solid M maximum ;) .] 

Edited by Rumpelstiltskin

40 minutes ago, Rumpelstiltskin said:

Heeeeey, how do you feel about a Texas Chainsaw Massacre fanfiction? [Obviously, keeping the violence way down to a solid M maximum ;) .] 

I haven't seen Texas Chainsaw Massacre. You're welcome to write about it, just be aware that I won't have a lot of context. 

3 minutes ago, Lost Muse said:

I am going to try a shot at 7! 

Excellent! (also, post jinx!)

Yasss good luck! Let's see if you can out-perform Green Eggs and Ham ;)

Participants

Abhorsen - 8

Rumplestiltskin - 5

MegGonagall - 2

ImaRavenclaw - 3

MuggleMaybe - 6

Lost Muse -7

Available Prompts

Edited by Dojh167
  • Thanks 1

Excellent! I thought that would be the last one standing  

Participants

Abhorsen - 8

Rumplestiltskin - 5

MegGonagall - 2

ImaRavenclaw - 3

MuggleMaybe - 6

Lost Muse -7

teh tarik - 4

Available Prompts

I'm... going to be a tentative maybe. For #1, since that's the only option left :P

I've written a story without the letter E before, but missing out N as well is going to be even harder. Nothing like a challenge to get me back into writing, right?

(I'm hopefully getting a new laptop this weekend, so fingers crossed I can actually manage this one!)

Excellent! As all prompts have been claimed, they are all now available again! (that also means if the one you chose is giving you a hard time, you can swap for another available)

Participants

Abhorsen - 8

Rumplestiltskin - 5

MegGonagall - 2

ImaRavenclaw - 3

MuggleMaybe - 6

Lost Muse -7

teh tarik - 4

notttheodore - 1

Available Prompts

Since the list is re-opened, I'm going to snag #7 and see if I can't bang something out for this. Feeling a bit inspired to write lately. 

• Like 1

Excellent! I hope you have time to get something written =)

Rumpel - every time I see someone review Spiral I get more excited to read it!

Participants

Abhorsen - 8

Rumplestiltskin - 5

MegGonagall - 2

ImaRavenclaw - 3

MuggleMaybe - 6

Lost Muse -7

teh tarik - 4

notttheodore - 1

TreacleTart - 7

Available Prompts

Hey, I'm afraid RL has me super busy and I won't have time to write this :( Good luck with the challenge though! 

Love x

UA-79258518-1