HPFanficTalk
Sign in to follow this  
Ineke

COUNTDOWN DAY 2: Who do you write like?

There are many famous author's out there who are worth our admiration, but many of us have one special author who's writing style we really look up to. Perhaps you like writer's who write in second person or use lots of descriptive prose. Maybe you like a more direct, third person style of writing.

Or perhaps you have no idea who it is you may write like! But fear not! As your NaNo story develops, merely pop sections of it into this here (12+) generator, and it will analyze your submission before letting you know which famous author's writing style you seem to share!

Tell us all about who you write like below.

So I did this ages ago and depending on the story that I put in I got a wide gambit of results.  Now when I do it most everything consistently comes up Agatha Christie and that makes me quite giddy, to be honest.

I did the quiz with two pieces that I think most show my natural style, and I also got Agatha Christie both times. Which is quite nice! But I haven't actually read anything by her, so I don't really know what it means O.o

(This is even more shameful considering I've been thinking of trying out mystery as a writing genre.)

Anyway, while of course this is a fun thread, I think the most helpful thing is remembering that we all write like ourselves, and that makes it all worthwhile. Maybe similar stories have been written, but they haven't been written by you! <3

Edited by MuggleMaybe

OMG, so I just copied a few paragraphs from my most recent chapter of LNW into the generator, and it totally just told me that I write like J.K. Rowling!! While I am flattered, I'm not entirely certain that I am 100% deserving of that title, lol! 😅 I must say that she certainly does inspire me quite a lot tho, haha! ;) 

Screenshot_2017-10-29-17-35-14-1.thumb.png.9c3989030d855efe85cb1461e87f6588.png

• Like 1

My complete fics all gave me Agatha Christie. Depending on which WIP I put in, I got:

• Anne Rice (fairy tale AU, canonverse soulmates, handbells AU, Leverage AU, accompanying AU)
  • Stephen King (modern AU, scorpio races AU)
  • David Foster Wallace (futuristic AU, secret garden AU)
  • Agatha Christie (dresden files AU, we rattle this town, we rattle this scene)
  • Leo Tolstoy (enchanted AU summary)
  • Cory Doctorow (thief lord AU)
  • Arthur C. Clarke (accompanying AU)

The real takeaway here is that I need to finish up some WIPs :ninja:

• Haha 1

I wish I could write like J.K.Rowling or Yasushi Inoue.

And I'd like to begin the first line like a traditional old English ballad, "Reynardine".

Sign in to follow this  

UA-79258518-1