HPFanficTalk

Hello everyone! :waving:

Once again, I'll be doing NaNo as a rebel this year, and also aiming for a much lower goal than in years past due to my course load and other responsibilities. I'm hoping to get 10,000 words written over the course of the month!

Projects (some definitely, some maybe):

1. Love Makes Me - finish Chapter 20 (and post!)  (~2,500 words left)
2. Lab Reports - 2 formal write-ups (~1,000 words each) + notebook write-ups
3. Grad School Applications - personal statements (100-600 words each)
4. Trelawney Short Story - finish Chapter 3 (and post!), start Chapter 4 (~2,000 words)

As far as needing motivation goes, 2 & 3 have certain deadlines (#3 is self-imposed deadlines) so those words will definitely be done before NaNo is completed. I'm planning on spending a lot of my Thanksgiving break from school to write my personal statements and such and also do my fun writing (#1 & #4) so we'll see what happens. *shrug*

I'm happy to answer any questions about anything related to this terrible excuse of a NaNoWriMo project, but hey, it works! :)

Edited by MadiMalfoy

Hi! What motivation made you feel like writing about Trelawney?

What story will be, chapter 3 and 4?

Will you write about her magical ability or her something angst?

Hello! I've been stopping by at the nests and sending some love! It's pretty cool you're working in Nano with your school work. I should have done that, it probably will be more productive and help me get a deadline! This is a wonderful idea!

Here's some donuts while you're hard at work!

image.png.7c6ce1afa50143f900c57d04363e0fd1.png

On 10/31/2017 at 6:32 AM, StarFeather said:

Hi! What motivation made you feel like writing about Trelawney?

What story will be, chapter 3 and 4?

Will you write about her magical ability or her something angst?

Hi! Well my Trelawney story actually stemmed from a prompt @Pixileanin gave me back a long time ago and I'm just now attempting to finish it so she has a completed lovely story!

Chapter 3 will focus on Sybill working with her new hire Eddie and teaching him some of her trade secrets and how to determine if customers were muggles versus wizards and so on. Chapter 4 will delve into some sweet courtship and romancing things while they are working the shop. The final chapter will hopefully be just a brief little wrap-up of this chapter of Sybill's life, whether or not it ends positively will depend on my mood when I get there writing-wise! :P 

I'm really hoping to describe more of her Sight powers in chapter 3 as Eddie will need to know some tricks so it's a perfect time to inform the reader as well! :) As far as angst goes, I haven't yet decided how I want this story to end -- if I want to keep it light and happy or have it all come crashing down on Sybill. You'll just have to wait and see ;)

Thanks for the questions Kenny!!

19 hours ago, FlamingQuilltips said:

Hello! I've been stopping by at the nests and sending some love! It's pretty cool you're working in Nano with your school work. I should have done that, it probably will be more productive and help me get a deadline! This is a wonderful idea!

Here's some donuts while you're hard at work!

image.png.7c6ce1afa50143f900c57d04363e0fd1.png

Aw, thanks Ysh! Really this was the only way for me to truly participate in any kind of major-ish capacity this year, and I didn't want to break my streak!! Thanks for the donuts, I'm really going to need that sugar!! :hearteyes:

Hey, it's good to see you wrapping up that story!  I look forward to seeing how it ends.

Just, erm. if you're up for a suggestion... could you maybe give Sybill a challenge to work through?  Maybe it can be about her powers if you don't want to do the emotional angst thing.  (I'm personally allergic to angst, lol!)

There aren't many Sybill stories out there, it's true.  I'm excited about how it's going to turn out!

*shakes pom poms*

Gooooo Madi!

On 11/3/2017 at 5:17 AM, Pixileanin said:

Hey, it's good to see you wrapping up that story!  I look forward to seeing how it ends.

Just, erm. if you're up for a suggestion... could you maybe give Sybill a challenge to work through?  Maybe it can be about her powers if you don't want to do the emotional angst thing.  (I'm personally allergic to angst, lol!)

There aren't many Sybill stories out there, it's true.  I'm excited about how it's going to turn out!

*shakes pom poms*

Gooooo Madi!

Hey Pix!! I'm definitely thinking it'll more have to do with her powers, and will hopefully illuminate her struggles to be taken seriously that we see in canon and where they maybe began. I'm planning on spending time next week writing chapter 3! It's going to build the foundations for her future struggles, but hopefully they'll be hidden enough that it'll be more of a surprise when it happens later on in the story. 

Thanks for the support and for sticking with the story for so long, Pix! :hug:

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

UA-79258518-1