Welcome to HPFT

We are a multi-fandom/original fiction community with roots in the Harry Potter fandom community. We strive to maintain a strong focus on author feedback and inclusive writing. Here on the forums, you can join a house and participate in House Cup events, participate in writing challenges, play games, and much more!

Join the Forums

Check out the Archives

HPFT has a moderated multi-fandom/original fiction archive with an unlimited queue. There you can post your writing, as well as read and review other members' writing. Be sure to stop by and check out our latest featured stories!

Join the Archives

Find us on Social Media

HPFT is active on social media. You can find us and many members busily tweeting on Twitter, join us for livestreams on YouTube, check out aesthetics on Instagram, get sneak peeks on Snapchat, and interact on Tumblr! All our social media links can be found below.

News Ticker
  • Check out the new badges we have available.
  • Why did Professor Snape stand in the middle of the road?
  • So you'll never know which side he's on.
Sign in to follow this  
Ineke

Brooklyn Nine-Nine

Ineke

Because I know there are several members watching this show and because I cannot believe there ain't no topic yet for this gem of a show.

Okay so Brooklyn Nine-Nine is a comedy show with plenty of action too considering it's a cop show but trust me when I say that it's hilarious, heartwarming, heartbreaking and has literally everything including representation, while also dealing with relevant topics i.e. racism and lgtba+ issues.

So, especially with season 5 being underway right now, feel free to tell us who's your favorite character, favorite episodes, favorite Halloween episode (because yes this is a different distinction) etc.

Do keep in mind that some people might not have seen S5 yet so put spoilerwarnings where necessary <3

PaulaTheProkaryote

INEKE I FINALLY WATCHED THAT EPISODE AND IT WAS SO WONDERFUL YOU WERE RIGHT. 

The biggest thing I like about B99 is how representative it is, but also the social commentary being spot on. Like it handles racism/sexism/lgbtqa+ issues in such a confrontational, head on manner that feels more instructive than outright preachy if that makes sense. Like I feel like my redneck family might be able to grasp basic etiquette if they watched it because it almost goes right around defenses. I don't know if I'm on a tangent now or what. 

I've never shipped anyone as hard as I ship Jake/Amy. Also Captain Holt is an american legend. He's the hero that we deserve. Plus literally everything he says makes such a nice gif. 

And shout out to Sgt. Terry for being our go to mental health guy. Everyone is just perfect on this show.

Recent Badges

poppunkpadfoot

this is one of my favourite tv shows EVER!! i've rewatched most of the episodes SOOOO many times. xD

did anyone else watch the season 5 halloween episode?? omg i SCREAMED. and also cried a little lol.

Ineke

I am still not over the Halloveen episode and it's been two weeks, that's how much i loved it. In fact, it might throw the DW 2015 Christmas special from its top of my alltime fave episodes ever and considering I can talk that one along, it's saying something!

Also, Paula, aren't we basically all Boyle in regards to Jake and Amy???

Phoenix Potioneer

I just started binge-watching Brooklyn Nine-Nine for the first time a few weeks ago, and I got to say, I love it. I'm halfway through season 3 at the moment.

It's just SO FUNNY. I can't get enough of it.

I also ship Jake/Amy for life and when they finally got together some life poured into my soul.

Also love Captain Holt's dry humor. :) 

Favorite Halloween... well, I've only seen three Halloween episodes so far, but the one where Amy got pissed that nobody wanted her on her team for the bet and therefore won it herself was just gold. The one before that where Jake had to steal Holt's watch and Captain Holt revealed how much he had planned ahead at the end was great as well.

Ineke

I'll just add that Halloween 5 is my fave and I have no idea how they're going to go top and that one (if they get renewed that is).

That aside: if I may yell to anyone about the latest ep (5x14) please let me know because I need to.

But yes! Holt is absolutely brilliant. I feel so unsettled whenever he smiles and apparently Andre Braugher is an incredibly smiley person and I just cannot get that into my head. Seriously.

beyond the rain

So im nearly at the end of series two, and i am LIVING for this show!!!! I love the halloween episodes, so far series 2's halloween ep has been my favourite, but if they do pranks every year...im ready <3 

On another note, i took several B99 quizzes to find out which character i am...i got jake everytime. He's my FAVOURITE character (but i love them all) - and i think it's a pretty accurate result. If jake and rosa had a kid....it would be me 😂😂😂 what about you guys? Which b99 character do you feel resembles you the most? 

Recent Badges

Ineke

So far they did it every year, so you have a lot to look forward to!

I think I'm most like Amy :3

• Like 1

Dojh167
1 minute ago, Ineke said:

I think I'm most like Amy :3

Same. With some of Jake's financial/medical irresponsibility 

• Like 3

just.a.willow.tree

I think I'm most like Terry. I also love yogurt.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

adorably cute

omg I just finished this show last week and fell in love!! So excited to have people to discuss with! 100% agree Halloween 5 is best and also think I am most like Amy with maybe a little bit of gina sass, though obviously no one does it better than her

just.a.willow.tree
35 minutes ago, adorably cute said:

think I am most like Amy with maybe a little bit of gina sass, though obviously no one does it better than her

Chelsea Peretti has blessed us all with such an iconic character

beyond the rain

^i love all of these. I think I have Jake's sense of humour, his mixed bag of people/leadership skills. I've also got Rosa's 'no feelings and no one talk about my love life' vibe, and bursts of rage, and amy's need to impress people in authority 😂😂😂 idk what this makes me. I'm midway through series three right now, and im TEMPTED to squeeze in an episode or two over breakfast...what has my life come to?

Recent Badges

Ineke

You have been taken over.

Also while i stand by the fact that Halloween 5 is one of the best episodes ever 

5x14 has become my all time favorite :ninja:

adorably cute
4 hours ago, Ineke said:

You have been taken over.

Also while i stand by the fact that Halloween 5 is one of the best episodes ever 

5x14 has become my all time favorite :ninja:

I feel a desperate need to watch it now. Halloweeen 5 was one of my favorite episodes...

adorably cute
Posted (edited)

Just started it! Excited already

Edit: Finished and loved!

Edited by adorably cute

BellaLestrange87

I think I'm a slightly toned down version of Amy.

Also Canadian Netflix only goes to season 4 :thumbsdown: I can't wait for it to add season 5 but Canadian Netflix is notorious for sucking so :P

Ineke

We have yet to get s4 on Netflix, but it's supposed to come somewhere this month...

BellaLestrange87
4 minutes ago, Ineke said:

We have yet to get s4 on Netflix, but it's supposed to come somewhere this month...

Sometimes I forget that Canadian Netflix is still good even though I complain about it -_-

I have Netflix in lieu of cable so that's why I'm complaining :P

Phoenix Potioneer

BROOKLYN NINE-NINE IS CANCELLED AND I AM MAD! :ranting:

I just started watching Brooklyn Nine-Nine a few months ago and then it gets CANCELLED!? I have tried so many comedy shows in the past- Big Bang Theory, the Office, etc. and none of them hooked me like this show and this is the only show EVER that actually makes me laugh out loud multiple times an episode. When I watch it with people around (which is most of the time), I have to fight back my laughter and cover it with coughing fits. Nothing else makes me do that so often.

Watching a single episode of that show brightens my entire mood for the day and, despite the fact that I'm not even caught up with all the seasons yet, I will protect this show with my dying breath for being the only TV comedy that I watch and love.

Every single character on this show is golden and I love them all and I am very upset right now. *cries*

just.a.willow.tree

I know, I'm in mourning. This the show that's meant so much to me for so long, and I've been meaning to go back and watch everything I've missed, and ugh this is such horrible news I literally do not understand what logic compelled them to do this

• Like 1

Phoenix Potioneer

Yeah I agree. It's a shock and Fox is stupid for doing this. Don't understand their logic either.

I am holding out hope that Hulu or Netflix or something else will pick up B99. With all the outrage, hopefully someone will.

• Like 1

just.a.willow.tree

I WAS SOBBING WITH RELIEF WHEN I FOUND OUT

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this