Welcome to HPFT

We are a multi-fandom/original fiction community with roots in the Harry Potter fandom community. We strive to maintain a strong focus on author feedback and inclusive writing. Here on the forums, you can join a house and participate in House Cup events, participate in writing challenges, play games, and much more!

Join the Forums

Check out the Archives

HPFT has a moderated multi-fandom/original fiction archive with an unlimited queue. There you can post your writing, as well as read and review other members' writing. Be sure to stop by and check out our latest featured stories!

Join the Archives

Find us on Social Media

HPFT is active on social media. You can find us and many members busily tweeting on Twitter, join us for livestreams on YouTube, check out aesthetics on Instagram, get sneak peeks on Snapchat, and interact on Tumblr! All our social media links can be found below.

News Ticker
  • Check out the new badges we have available.
  • Why did Professor Snape stand in the middle of the road?
  • So you'll never know which side he's on.
Sign in to follow this  
Ineke

Brooklyn Nine-Nine

Ineke

THAT WAS LITERALLY ME THIS MORNING 

Phoenix Potioneer

THIS HAS MADE MY ENTIRE DAY I AM HAPPY LIFE IS GOOD

:loveshower::yay:

MuggleMaybe

ok i am way delayed with this show (and I'm still on season 1 so SHHH :P ) but I LOVE it. Terry is my favorite ❤️ 

Personally, I think I am probably most like Boyle :facepalm: There's this scene where he's driving somewhere with... I don't even remember who... and he gets to pick the music, and he picks the soundtrack for the musical Oliver. I was DYING. 

sunshine_locks

nothing is more iconic than B99 being cancelled and then picked up the next day. 

wow. 

i love this show to death, but unfortunately, I have no way to watch it. I got until halfway through season two and then my source gave up on me. 

american netflix sucks more than canadian netflix. we don't even have brooklyn nine nine. i'm stuck to watching little snippets on youtube. 

tbh i think i'm amy in terms of work ethic, and jake in terms of taking care of myself. :P 

MuggleMaybe

Ok ok but why haven't we started sorting these characters into Hogwarts houses yet????? 

• Like 1

Ineke

I HAVE FOR THE B99 FIC I NEED TO WORK ON!!!!!!

I had Holt & Amy as Ravenclaws (or like former, really), Terry & Charles as Puffs, Gina & Rosa as Slyths and Jake as a Gryf (though Pottermore had given him Huff but half the questions played into his like dad-issue-stuff so yknow I didnt think it was accurate).

• Like 1

MuggleMaybe
3 hours ago, Ineke said:

I HAVE FOR THE B99 FIC I NEED TO WORK ON!!!!!!

I had Holt & Amy as Ravenclaws (or like former, really), Terry & Charles as Puffs, Gina & Rosa as Slyths and Jake as a Gryf (though Pottermore had given him Huff but half the questions played into his like dad-issue-stuff so yknow I didnt think it was accurate).

Interesting! I agree with you about Holt, Terry, and Charles. Especially Terry. He is definitely a Hufflepuff. He could be our freaking mascot, I love him so much!!!!

I feel pretty strongly that Amy is a Slytherin. And I might put Rosa in Ravenclaw. Jake is hard. I put him in Gryffindor on first instinct, but I can see arguments for both Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw. I can also see Gina as either a Slytherin or a Gryffindor. I haven't finished the series yet so I'm generally reserving judgement. These are all "sortings-in-progress". But I think I'm really unlikely to change my mind about Amy, so I'd be interested to hear your argument ;)

adorably cute
14 minutes ago, MuggleMaybe said:

I feel pretty strongly that Amy is a Slytherin

I am kind of on the fence about Amy for Ravenclaw vs. Slytherin, but I think I'd lean toward Ravenclaw. I think I pretty much agree with @Ineke and her sortings! Jake was another one that I thought about-- like ok, maybe Hufflepuff, but I'm in agreement about Gryffindor. I think his sense of justice and fearless "let's go guys" attitude overrule some of his more Hufflepuff characteristics. 

Rosa would be the one I'm not sure about. I can agree with Slytherin, now that I've seen it, and I could see her as maybe a Ravenclaw like you said, Renee, but I didn't really have any thoughts for her house before this and still nothing really jumps out at me (meaning, even seeing Slytherin, it makes sense, but it doesn't make me go like ohhh yeah definitely a slytherin)

Dojh167

I'm just going to be lazy and say everyone is a Gryffindor so I can imagine an AU where the Gryffindor common room is that perfect 

Ineke

Yeah... I can see Amy and Slytherin because she's definitelty ambitious... but her willingness to learn, the fact that she loves to study, majored in art hist before she became a cop, she enjoys maths and puzzles and stuff and... well this might all be spoilery. It just screams Ravenclaw, you know?

Rosa as a Claw... I never really put much thought in that... but now come to think of a certain S5 episode where stuff got mentioned... yeah I can see that too.

Also, yes, Gina is brave, but I think it's the fact that she would rather save her own stuff and stuff like that (and maybe the people she cares about, i.e. Jake &... others) puts her more as a Slyth for me? It's interesting what you think about it tho.

Also - yes about Jake! I mean, the ideas that he dives headfirst into stuff others would like think about twice... it just screams Gryffindor for me.

I never managed to sort Scully and Hitchcock though (the reasons they're squibbs in my story). What do you guys think?

ShadowRose

I kinda wanna say Scully and Hitchcock would be Slytherins? A) because they kinda have a Crabbe-and-Goyle vibe, and B) because they’re always trying to take shortcuts and do the least amount of work possible, which kinda goes with the whole “cunning and resourceful” thing (even if they aren’t actually any good at being cunning and resourceful... they’re at least trying to be, lol).

Argument could also be made for Hufflepuff purely based on proximity to the kitchens. 😂

Phoenix Potioneer

I would have to agree with @ShadowRose that Scully and Hitchcock are Slytherins... their tendency to do the least amount of work possible is definitely very Slytherin-y. A strong argument can be made for Amy being in Slytherin (her ambition of being captain, her cleverness when it comes to Halloween pranks, etc.) but she just strikes me as a Ravenclaw. I feel like only a Ravenclaw could enjoy doing that much paperwork. 😂

I agree with everyone who said that Terry is 100% Hufflepuff and should be our mascot.

Also, why is barely anyone discussing the sorting of Holt??? He is such a Slytherin, in my opinion. He's ambitious, going off how he fights so hard for years first to be captain, then to be commissioner later on, and every move he makes in regards to Halloween pranks and also just in general precinct operations is so strategic. From the very first time he met Jake he was manipulating him to turn around his behavior (remember the tie thing?). Also don't tell me that a big Drama Queen like Holt isn't a Slytherin, even though being a drama queen isn't an official Slytherin trait.

poppunkpadfoot

TBH I definitely understand seeing Jake as a Gryffindor, but I actually kind of see him as a Hufflepuff? That's not just me is it? :P

beyond the rain

Terry - Hufflepuff 
Jake - Hufflepuff 
Charles - Gryffindor. I accept he's very loyal and friendly and they're both Hufflepuff traits BUT Charles has that Gryffindor mentality of I would die for you. I know that in their line of work bravery plays a part in their personalities but I think chivalry is very important to Charles character. 
Scully and Hitchcock- I'm torn between Slytherin and Gryffindor. Because these two are so sneaky! They're determined to do the absolute minimum and will go to some serious lengths to achieve that. They've acted out many a scheme  and they have been ambitious/sly...albeit about ridiculous things, but still. However, they're reckless and they like to show off which is why I could see them in Gryffindor too. I think out of the two of them Scully is a little bit more Gryffindor than Hitchcock? Maybe I should sort them separately, but then I don't see them being in different houses. 
Doug Judy - Slytherin 
Gina - Slytherin 
Capt. Holt - Ravenclaw 
Kevin - Ravenclaw 
Amy - Ravenclaw 
Rosa - Slytherin

Recent Badges

Ineke

I WOULD LIKE TO ANNOUNCE THAT OUR LORD AND SAVIOUR NBC HAS ORDERED AN ADDITIONAL 5 EPISODES FOR SEASON 6 BRINGING THE TOTAL OF EPISODES TO 18

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this