HPFanficTalk
Sign in to follow this  
PaulaTheProkaryote

Best Lines!

With so much sass, and in a way that only he can... Draco Malfoy has just told off the Minister of Magic! xD

Just then, there was a short knock at the door, and the Minister of Magic entered the room; letting himself in this time. “Ahh, Draco, it’s so nice to see that you’re awake now. I had to come on over and see for myself how you were feeling. Heard the news from the portraits and I must say, I was quite relieved.”

“Oh, I’m sure you are very relieved, Minister,” he responded scathingly. “I can hardly imagine what would've happened to you if an innocent person had died; on Ministry of Magic property, at an event, nonetheless, that you permitted to take place. It would be scandalous indeed if the press were ever to get a hold of something like that, I’m sure.”

In his defense though, he was just stabbed by a crazy person with a cursed blade, and the minister just stood there and watched it all unfold... If I were Draco, I'd probably be a bit cranky too, lol. 

• Like 2

Not necessarily a well written  line, but I enjoy the idea. 

Her dad would probably have thrown a fit if he knew they were on good terms, but Rose thought Scorpius was a tosser in only the usual manner of teenaged boys. This was unforgivable in its own way, of course, but she saw nothing evil about him.

Edited by MuggleMaybe
  • Like 1

You always have to keep your eye on the prize. It’s not about the people - it’s about the cause.

I knew, though. I deal with dark magic and dark creatures for a living - I’ve been sticking my nose where it might get cursed off since I was a fourth year. It’s who I am. Daphne let the Imperius Curse she’d cast on our sister slip because she’d known I’d see it for what it was.

And she’d been too slow.

I think I'm proud of this, anyway. IDK SHOULD I BE PROUD OF IT I'M ALREADY NOT REALLY SLEEPING

• Like 2

"Nothing’s important to you, is it, Wren?”

“My hair is.”

Willow frowned. “You’re such an idiot. It’s not even brushed.”

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

I finally wrote something that felt like my writing, if you know what I mean?

Out on the grounds, the sun glowed low on the horizon, casting long shadows framed in shimmering gold. Blinding strokes of light painted themselves across the utterly calm surface of the Black Lake. Rose was not religious, but on mornings like this, everything about the world looked so beautifully deliberate. The gnarled branches of an oak tree seemed wrought perfectly into their form; the sky seemed a carefully crafted canvas. It was early enough that fairy drops of dew adorned each blade of grass on the long slope down toward Hagrid’s hut. Rose paused at the top of the hill.

How could it be her last year in this place that felt somehow outside of the world?

• Like 3

This is actually from the first book, but I'm still editing and counting any of those words toward NaNo :) 

Layla sat beside him. “So you’ve met Huldra, right?” At Wren’s nod, she said, “She and Mog guard the north border, closest to the town, Dornwar. Just along here -” She gestured widely to the space in front of them. “- is the south border; it’s a line of angel roots.”

“They don’t sound so bad,” Wren said.

“Don’t let the name fool you,” Layla replied. “They’ll crush anything that gets near enough, especially your skinny arms.”

Wren glared at her, but he couldn’t deny that his arms, though indeed skinny, were better use to him uncrushed.

• Like 3

Rose and Neville:

“Excellent. We’re practicing the full body-bind today. You know where I first learned that curse?”

She didn’t.

Professor Longbottom grinned. “Your mother used it on me."

• Haha 2

Warning: run-on sentence ahead, but I do kinda like it? (Though, second warning: do not try this at home.) #justDurmstrangthings 

Our laughs, shivering and stuttering, would rattle off the ice-plated surface of the lake and the long, winding river which embedded itself in a line from the castle to the fjord, as we stripped off clothes with blue-tipped fingers, a pool of vodka warming our bellies and our chests; we would slap muscles, grasp shoulders, and clink together a last glass, the traditional cry of “Vechnaya pamyat!” swallowed up by the bitter night air, and as we downed the toasts, all the way to the bottom, we breathed in deep and long, praying silently that the toast might not come true; then and only then, steadied, licked by flames along the inside of our skin, we would jump into the lake, cracking ice on our shin-bones and sinking into an ink-dark underworld. 

(Translation: Vechnaya pamyat - a Russian toast, traditionally called at funerals, meaning 'Let him/her be remembered forever', because Durmstrang kids are a cheerful bunch :P ) 

Tense!Draco and amused!Astoria is the best Drastoria..

As soon as he closed the door, Draco whirled around. “No!” he hissed. “No! I am not eating with them!” His cheeks were burning, which I appreciated.

“It’ll be fun,” I said. He started shaking his head, and I grabbed his hand to pull him back onto the couch. “Oh, come on. You said you like my brother.”

“Yeah, at the Ministry,” he snapped. “Not at his kitchen table right after he’s caught me making out with his sister.”

“Technically, he didn’t see us making out,” I pointed out.

“Right. I was just hanging out without a shirt on because that’s what I do with all my friends.”

• Like 1

I really love this exchange.  Maddy and Dan (her ex-boyfriend, who is currently dating her best friend, Sophie) are at a party, kind of drunk, and alone: 

“Mads.  Come on.”

I arched a brow at him this time, jutting out my chin in a challenge.  “Dan, come on.  You still love me.” 

“That’s never been the issue between us,” he replied, and his jaw tightened, though his grip remained firm on my waist.

“Then what’s been the issue?” I demanded, although there was a small voice in my head that said I knew exactly what the issue was.  

“You don’t love me.” 

“Danny, you’re my best friend,” I argued as he finally pulled his hands away.  I suddenly felt cold, like I’d lost a part of myself as he stepped back.  “Of course I love you!” 

“Not the way I want you to.”

I wasn't expecting these two to be so dynamic. :/

Edited by dreamgazer220

Sign in to follow this  

UA-79258518-1