HPFanficTalk

Have you just hit a major milestone in your NaNo-ing journey?? Maybe you just passed 5k words? Or finally figured out that one scene that's been causing you trouble since the beginning? Your personal milestones are entirely self-imposed, but we'd love to hear when you reach one of them! So post below when it happens; you deserve the celebration!

tumblr_inline_miwvt3uWwX1qz4rgp.gif

It's not particularly impressive, but I'm pleased to have passed 1000 words. =)

• Like 4

Not a milestone as far as word count goes but I have finally finished the first chapter which I have been working on for the past month and I am so pumped oh my Lanta!!!

Edited by wandlessmagic
  • Like 3

Finished Chapter 1 of my story!!! 
Since I'm gunning for 6 chapters for it, this is awesome to me. <3 

Congrats on all your milestones guys! :) 

• Like 4

Just hit the day one wc goal with three hours to spare! 1712 :D 

• Like 4

Just passed the 5K mark! 

Also worthy of a mention, the novel I initially started has completely changed already and while I'm mildly concerned about how dark it sort of got, I'm also highly entertained with my characters and new plot direction. 

• Like 2

I somehow managed to get a little over 3,000 words on the 1st day (thank you @Rumpelstiltskin for being my NaNo police, haha!!) :P 

ANNNDD, to top it all off, I do believe that the first of my three-chapter-goal is just a tad under being half-way to completion!! So there's that too!! :thumbsup: 

• Like 1

Not much but 2 milestones for me:

1--I started today

2--I managed 445 words in the process.

:twothumbsup:

• Like 3

- I finally have a scene that seems like it might actually make it into a final draft!
- I've passed 12k!

• Like 1

:yay:Good job everyone! 

5 k on the second day and the SECOND DAY ISN'T OVER YET! :yay::yay::bouncing: <--- Who can I thank for the group of bouncing, manic emojis because they are amazing. @Alopex was this your doing?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've passed 5K! :bliss:

Also

1 hour ago, Rhaenyra said:

- I finally have a scene that seems like it might actually make it into a final draft!
- I've passed 12k!

12K already?! HOW??????????? 

1 hour ago, Rumpelstiltskin said:

:yay:Good job everyone! 

5 k on the second day and the SECOND DAY ISN'T OVER YET! :yay::yay::bouncing: <--- Who can I thank for the group of bouncing, manic emojis because they are amazing. @Alopex was this your doing?

Haha, yes, it was. I added a few new ones. If you find any you particularly love (or have a suggestion for one I can try to find myself), let me know.

• Like 3

Woo, I made it to 5,500 words on day 2 AND my first chapter (out of a goal of 3) is almost finished now!!! I know I won't have a whole lot of time to write over the weekend, due to work, so I am pretty excited with how much I got done over the past few days!! :yay: 

15 hours ago, Alopex said:

If you find any you particularly love (or have a suggestion for one I can try to find myself), let me know.

Also, @Alopex can we get the little sweat drop/nervous laugh emoji, lol!! 😅 Pretty please?!?

Edited by RoxiMalfoy

15 hours ago, MuggleMaybe said:

Also

12K already?! HOW??????????? 

Uh... craziness?  I always do 5k on the 1st, so that much isn't odd, but I didn't have to work so I spent a lot of time writing the last few days.  I got through the entire Pokemon word crawl, for example.

6 hours ago, RoxiMalfoy said:

Woo, I made it to 5,500 words on day 2 AND my first chapter (out of a goal of 3) is almost finished now!!! I know I won't have a whole lot of time to write over the weekend, due to work, so I am pretty excited with how much I got done over the past few days!! :yay: 

Also, @Alopex can we get the little sweat drop/nervous laugh emoji, lol!! 😅 Pretty please?!?

That's an actual Android emoji, which I don't think we can use ourselves, but I can look around for something similar. This one is a free open source version...how's that?

smiling-face-with-open-mouth-and-cold-sw

Sorry to keep on crashing the Milestone topic... :hijacked:

You guys are all doing amazing so far!! Keep up the excellent work <3

I myself have just hit today's wordcount mark, leaving me at 5,034! Not quite where I like to be since it's still so early (I usually like to be ahead) but I'll take it! :P

• Like 1

You know when you hit that part in the story where things start to make sense? I think I might be there!  I feel like what I've written today actually pulls together a couple strands of my plot.  I still feel like I should have planned better, but yay!

• Like 1

After not being able to write the last two days because I had a small breakdown, I managed to get to 10K today. Slow and steady wins the race, right? :P

• Like 1

Wow congratulations everyone! Doing well so far. I managed to hit 1k ln which isn't too shabby considering my 10k goal

completed 2k of my 10k target and I've finished the piece was currently working on so will have something to add to my AP in December :bouncing:

Passed 10,000 words tonight!!! :yay: Am currently sitting on 11,475 total, and my 2nd chapter of NaNo is about 1/3 of the way done already.  :thumbsup:  If I can just manage to keep up this pace, I may even be able to get out - dare I say it - not just three, but four chapters written this month!! :P  We shall see though, we shall see... :whistling: Chapter 21 contains a LOT of filler, so hopefully I won't be tempted to procrastinate too much during week #2, haha!! :roflol: 

• Like 1

Not only am I not behind, but I just annihilated my record - 1520 words in 75 minutes! :bliss:before this I've only ever managed about 500 words per hour.

• Like 2

You guys are doing amazing!! Keep up the good work :cheering:

--I've just hit 10k, and I finished chapter 2!! :yay:

UA-79258518-1