HPFanficTalk
MalfoysAngel

Things I Didn't Know About my Story

Do you ever start writing a novel with a concrete plan in mind only to discover things about your story you never knew? Does your main character suddenly show an interest in painting or did something happen out of the blue and surprise you?

Here's the place to post all of the things your didn't know about your novel.

tumblr_inline_opastyBUaj1uys2wv_400.gif

In the original draft of Love, Not War; the blade in which Draco was recently stabbed with was just a normal knife... I did not discover until recently that the dagger was cursed. And, to be quite honest, I am still not 100% certain whether or not there will be any lingering side-effects from this injury. I mean, sure, Saleena has healed the bulk of the injuries that he sustained (for now). But my muse has not yet unveiled if there will be any further complications at this point... I guess that only time will tell as I keep writing? :/

Edited by RoxiMalfoy

Well, it's not as exciting as a cursed blade, but Hannah and Ricky from FNF have been flirting without my permission and now apparently Ricky is thinking about asking her to prom. Children, get yourself together, this story is about Quidditch.

• Like 1

In the first two chapters, I've learned that apparently Zach has a stepmom (I think I meant for this to be stepdad in my plotting... 9_9) and that Maddy has a taste for older guys, which is going to make things a liiiittle awkward later on.

A full-on separatist group has appeared in my story.  They add plenty of suspects and conflict, which is great when it comes to word count.

• Like 1

Apparently the Medi-Wizards have a resuscitation spell to assist with CPR, and here my OC has been doing it the hard way/hands-on like a Muggle this entire time, lol!! :/ Thanks @BlackPixie for blowing my entire plot for chapter 20 out of the water, haha!! Now I've gotta come up with a good, logical explanation for all of this in the next chapter... Luckily I do have a few ideas already, and this additional conversation will add to my word count, lol!! :P 

Edited by RoxiMalfoy
  • Like 1

I didn't know that Percy would be as much of the wanker that he's turned out to be. And that Audrey would be a more of a balls-of-steel-not-backing-down-but-still-a-softie American than I ever thought she could get.

(also you're welcome @RoxiMalfoy, I live to serve! :p)

• Haha 1

My wyvern spews an acidic substance in lieu of breathing fire. :eyebrow:

My wyvern can't swim.:shifty:

Desi's much more clever than I've previously thought she was. :blink:

A created weapon is now being dubbed zing-thingy by all the characters. I dig it.:thumbsup:

My characters will be spending a lot more time falling into the sea than I'd expected. 9_9

• Haha 1

I haven't written any words to my story this month.  

Apparently, that doesn't keep me from discovering things about it.  :P

I just figured out that Luna (who is not in this story) thinks that this story is a bleed-over backstory in HER story (which I only have the slightest concept for and wasn't planning to write for a long while).  She believes that all this weird stuff really DID happen to Hermione, and it's not just some crazed AU thing.  Even if it has Draco in it.

She doesn't blame Hermione for the stupidity, but she does tend to compare herself to Hermione in a few situations where she decides that she's acting quite nonsensically in the same way that Hermione did during this story.

I also found out that it's weird having a character from another story talking about this story as if it was in the past already.  Especially when I don't know exactly what happened yet.

Guess I need to as Luna to write this story for me.  She knows a lot more than I do.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My Muse has been waiting for me to write more though I've been stuck in the snow piled up in front of the cabin called 'Real Life'. When I can remove it I will be able to see her and catch her words.

Bonfire in Ireland might reproduce the ancient evil  witch by a desperate wizard who lost his wife. She will be a big threat for Harry Potter and the Wizarding World.

So, Albus has surprised me by being uncommonly powerful, violent when angry, and very very hard on himself. Did not see this coming, but I'm digging it.

There is a new villain in this rewrite. His name is Jora and he is a bard and he does magic but is not the typical human magic user. Why you ask? Because not only is he a new character, but apparently he is half siren as well. Just to make it make sense why his magic works on my MC and not the other magic user's magic. I don't think mermaids or sirens were things 6 years ago in the original...

• Like 1

UA-79258518-1