HPFanficTalk
MalfoysAngel

First Words

We all have to start somewhere and I can't think of a better thing to do than share my start with all my friends. 

Sharing Is Caring GIF - Pokemon GIFs

Share your official first words here. 

I've actually had these first words for a while:

The sun wasn’t even in the middle of the sky and Wren was already bleeding.

• Like 4

^^^^ I already want to read more omg! 

“Ah Mr. James Potter, we meet at last,” Nina Ward said with a small smile as she extended her hand for James to take, her eyes calculating as they swept over his features.

• Like 1

"The real problem, Rose thought, was not the anxiety of taking the test, but the pressure of her mother being there while she took it."

I'm not entirely sold on this as a first line, but it will do for now.

• Like 1

The next several days that followed the dragon's periodical visit were the same as every other time the beast came- Tomin gushing about the beast to Ancel, their father, and the blond blacksmith grinning and encouraging the boy's notions with stories of adventure and grandeur, leaving Rocha to have to deal with the aftermath of a travel-hungry ten year old.

I'm technically starting with chapter 2, so.... This is what I got.

Edited by WindingArrow
  • Like 2

As I'm writing both of my stories at the same time, because it makes all the sense to me, here are mine haha

For Breathe 

I never thought that it would be possible to die without being killed. I never thought that I would be able to feel so much pain, and yet be completely empty.

For Imagine The Drama

James Potter was sure of two things. One, that his life was about to be ruined, and the second was that his friends were idiots and he couldn’t stand any of them.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

When the Drop Ship door opens, all Clarke Griffin can see, for those first few seconds, is color, a riot of reds and greens and golds.

And for Raven's POV (which will either be alternating chapters or a separate side story, I'll figure that out once the thing's written):

Getting to the Ground was supposed to be the hard part.

And for the unrelated untitled fic I can't stop working on:

Bellamy Blake was given his first secret when he was six years old.

Edited by cat!
  • Like 1

^^ I love the name Bellamy! :o I particularly love saying it out loud. hahaha

Another one, another birthday; another celebration.

I think Albus is tired of all the parties in the family. hahaha

this really just sets the tone for...the whole story

There were ninety-five theses nailed to the common room door of the Religious History department.

• Like 3

Since apparently I'm starting NaNo with a nonfiction article because (as @BlackPixie knows <3) I never plan ahead...

I’d like to talk about suicide.

It's a super solid and uplifting start. HOW CAN I LOSE?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Indeed I do know @abhorsen.!!! :P

Any man should have been able to see the moping woman at the Leaky Cauldron that night, downing every drink she called for.

This is the beginning of a piece I've been working on for a little bit that is one of my many rebellion projects. It's a strange beginning to an even stranger story.

Edited by BlackPixie
  • Like 2

This isn't technically my official starting words of NaNo 2017, but it is the official start to my project with the working title 'The Solution'.

The silence in the chaos was deafening.

The funeral had an open bar.

Oh just setting the tone for the next 49,994 words of morbidity and sass!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

My first words! I'm glad I'm not the only one starting off on a depressing note.

Almost all of Riverside came to say goodbye to Brittany Davis.

• Like 1

I meant to post this yesterday... Starting my NaNo out on Chapter 20 of Love, Not War. The previous chapter ended on a cliffhanger, with Draco getting stabbed at the very end. So I was really excited to build the suspense up with the introduction in this next one...

Twenty-six. Twenty-seven. Twenty-eight. Twenty-nine. Thirty.

Roxi may have been CPR certified, and she had taken many training classes on the subject during the various lifeguarding jobs that she had held in her youth. She'd seen several training videos and practiced the maneuver several times before, but nothing could have prepared her for witnessing the act in real life. Least of all on someone she cared about. She watched Draco's chest rise and fall as Saleena administered two breaths before going back into chest compressions. Roxi was terrified. This was the third time in the past twenty-four hours now that Draco had coded. Saleena had been working on him non-stop, yet she had barely made any progress. Neither of them had slept, and now Roxi was beginning to wonder how much longer his healer could hold out for.

Oh, and thanks @BlackPixie for turning my CPR idea completely upsidedown, lol!! :P I'm so glad that you and @Rumpelstiltskin were both able to help be out with this whole beginning though, seriously... Those darned Wizards and their advances in Medicine, haha!! xD

• Haha 1

Technically, Rendition starts with an epigraph, but the first line follows:

“And so ended that horrible long war that refuses to be forgotten. Life went on. It went on despite both the dead and the living, because this was a war that no one had quite survived.”

—Heda Margolius Kovály

The day after the last funeral, Hermione was no longer sure she hadn’t been buried in the ground beside all those she loved.

What do you think @abhorsen. ?

Edited by Renacerá
  • Like 2

My Nano beings with 

Her vision started to blur with every step she took.

It's not very exciting, but my first words never are :couch:

• Like 1

First words of the current piece (which began during NaNo)

“Finally, a lie too big.” - Doctor Who

Lie after lie after lie.

It all began with a little white one.

Honestly quite possibly going to be the longest story i've written so far and its so sad and just like, does have the weirdest beginning.

UA-79258518-1