HPFanficTalk
BlackPixie

Loving a Liar and various other works by BlackPixie

I'm so late with this thang, but like hey. it's here!

Project 1: Loving Liars (working title atm)

What's it about: (trigger warning here just in case) Molly Weasley II is dealing with ED, and no one knows until she has a breakdown, and it's about her struggle to fight back, while also struggling with an overbearing, well-meaning family. And potentially finding love along the way. It's set in the school year of 2015/16, which is a massive headache for me who doesn't follow the same schooling system. There's at least one OC so far, Richard "Dick" Wood, who is Oliver's son, and there's at least one more guy plus some of Mollys friends and hospital workers.

Current summary:

Molly wanted to keep to herself. Her lies, her secrets, her heartbreak, her innermost thoughts were just for her to know, to hide.

But when her walls come crumbling down, can she let those she loves in, find herself (and love along the way) before it's too late to save herself?

This is very much next-gen centred and does switch between POV's and POV styles while also doing time skips. It's my biggest project so far, and from what I've written/have planned/am thinking, it's a lot deeper and complicated than any of my previous works. I'm aiming for around 10k at least and just that much honestly scares me!

Here's a snippet of the opening scene/monologue:

Lie after lie after lie.

It all began with a little white one.

Yes, I've done my homework.

Four feet of parchment totally tucked safely into my bag.

As if.

Not.

I got this, this thrill from the realisation that if I just lied well enough, no one would see through it.

That I’d get off scot-free.

The next one was in answer to the everlasting question of  “have you eaten”.

I hadn’t.

I said I had.

For eating had become a chore as of late.

I hadn’t known how to avoid it until then.

I would say that I simply wasn't hungry. Even if I was silently grumbling for more.

Something told me that the thrill, the adrenaline of being able to flip off my parents was better for me than the benefits of food.

I believed it.

I would love to hear everyone's thoughts on this! I'm worried that I'll either go too deep on the issues that are prominent in this story

Various other works:

I'm also aiming to complete at least one chapter for one of my other stories that I have going, which include: Choices, HLMHLMNHLM, Somebody That I Used to Know, Goodbye and mercurial eyes *couch* I honestly didn't realise I had that many WIP's already until I went through my AP *couch*.

Again thoughts and input is gladly received! I have no idea where to start with any of these five stories.

Signing off because I'm that awkward one who doesn't know if they've shared too much or too little,

Hayden

x

Edited by BlackPixie

Hi! Yay, I've snagged the first spot :D

This sounds super intense! I'm definitely curious to know more and your time hopping and narrator changes sound really intriguing. Some things I'm curious about:

How will Molly's breakdown come about, and how many people are there to witness it? Does the whole school know about her ED?

What role does Richard Wood (ahhh, yay, Oliver spawn!) and her other friends/schoolmates play? Is there an antagonist here, or is it Molly vs herself?

I'd love to hear any more snippets or plot points you feel like sharing. 

Happy writing!

Hi!!!!! (Sarah, is it??? If I am totally wrong, sorry!)

It's certainly panning out to be very intense and a lot deeper/darker/soul-breaking than I originally intended it to be. The time hopping at this point varies between 2 months to a day. 

Answers to questions time!!

How will Molly's breakdown come about, and how many people are there to witness it? Does the whole school know about her ED?

What role does Richard Wood (ahhh, yay, Oliver spawn!) and her other friends/schoolmates play? Is there an antagonist here, or is it Molly vs herself?

I don't want to give away too many details, but her breakdown involves rain, a possible beach and a few/friends family (some of whom are oblivious up until that point) The whole school may or may not know the full details. The classic rumor mill comes into play.

Oliver spawn - :D Richard begins as coming off as the guy who ignores the girls, doesn't care, a little sel-absorbed. But he has a dark history himself dealing with some of his sister's/his own mental health issues 9_9 which forces him to take action to help Molly, which she may or may not like. McGonagall plays the part of the concerned teacher, and some of her cousins play important roles too in helping her. Richard is briefly the antagonist, but most characters have an antagonistic scene at one point, but Molly herself the most.

Here's a quirky snippet from the first time we meet Richard which gives us more about Molly at the same time:

Richard “Dicky” Wood was confused.

That Weasley girl, the nerd one’s oldest kid (Molly, he thought her name was?), was acting weird.

Well, weirder than normal.

Normal as in the goth outlier chick of the ever-procreating family she came from.

Thank you so much for your questions!!!! <3

Edited by BlackPixie
  • Like 1

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

UA-79258518-1