News Ticker

Chatterbox

WriteYourHeartOut

Primary school here is roughly 4-12 years (Junior Infants to 6th class) and then secondary school is 1st year to 6th year, with the 4th year optional.

I grew up in the days before widespread use of computers, so I'm pretty sure I'd used pens at home before we were allowed to use them at school.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BlackPixie

• PinsandKneazles

• Margaret

• ichigopan

:) And I hope this is okay.  I'm having a moment and posting lots of places!  Thank you, Farmgirl for inviting me here!  I'm having fun and it's been a while since I belonged to a fun group!

:) And I hope this is okay.  I'm having a moment and posting lots of places!  Thank you, Farmgirl for inviting me here!  I'm having fun and it's been a while since I belonged to a fun group!

Welcome, welcome Charli :D Everyone here's pretty chill so you'll be guaranteed to have loads of fun here.

Off tangent a bit, my SO volunteered us to dogsit for our friend this week while she's on vacay. So this is what it's like to have a 4-legged child who can't sleep... =A= He's lucky he's cute.

After the first night in acclimating to our apartment and the noises that came with it, he's been loads better. We got to sleep through most of the night and he's gotten comfortable enough where he can use the wee-wee pad and rub his scent all over our bed hahaha.

• 1 month later...

So I just very belatedly discovered this thread. But it's rather serendipitous timing because OMG THAT PLAY YAAAAASSSS! The tagline is,

"Potter changed the world of wizards forever.

The Puffs were also there."

How perfect can you get?!

Tonight every child in Ireland is staying up until midnight and most of the adults are becoming children again. Tonight is The Late Late Toy Show, almost invariably the show that gets the highest ratings of the year on Irish TV.

OK, so the youngest children probably fall asleep part way through in a lot of cases and it is repeated in the afternoon on Sunday.

• 1 month later...

Guess who's gonna see "Puffs" tonight?

This gal! My friend managed to score tickets. Will report back tomorrow.

*Does salute*

• 3 weeks later...

what happened to that report, ichigo?

in other news, im hamiltrash. hamilton obsessed. which is kinda strange considering its an american musical about an american founding father and im aussie, but meh.

Morning all :) Thought I'd join this thread!

I should get my lazy @r$e out of this bed and go do some lengths in the swimming pool, but it's so warm here and so cold in there...

Hopefully, I'll get some writing done today. Only four more holiday days left and then I have to go back to work on Monday. Waah :(

Three days left of my holiday. Car has decided to develop a flat tyre (yes, it is an animate object and it did actively choose to irritate me in this fashion ;) ). Going to watch 'Lion' at the cinema this evening with a friend and she's driving so I can have wine :)

Tomorrow, I'm going to give a bit of reviewing love to some of the stories on HPFT/HPFF with no reviews :) Have a good day, peeps!

• 1 month later...

Hey peeps. Having a lets-revive-the-quidditch-pitch-evening and lets-do-the-slytherin-game-room-while-we're-at-it.

Ah. I can't help with the Slytherin game room, but reviving the quidditch pitch is a possibility (even if it's still morning here) :)

Yay for revival! What time-zone are you? I'm GMT+11 so it's nearly 10pm here and im having a quiet friday night in.

Um, GMT :D

It's 10.50am here and I'm on my fifth cup of tea :)

Ooh r u english? like british?

what's ur fave tea flavour?

Yeah, British. Earl Grey is my preferred tea, but all we've got at the moment is a brand called Yorkshire Tea (which is also quite nice). Are you NZ or Aus?

I'm an Aussie FTW! The beautiful 'burbs of Sydney. Still happy that we beat you in the Quad Series earlier this year, but I love Jo Harten and Geva. <3 (netball speak, ICYMI)

Ah, I've never visited Aus, but I'd love to :)

I played netball (badly) at school and haven't followed it since. One of my school friends used to play Netball for UK (she might still do so - Naomi Siddall? She's married and is Stenhouse now, I think).

Sydney is great. I'll be coming to your land later this year though! Only just over 130 days til I leave T1 here and head to Singapore then onto London.

Damn Naomi Siddall?! She was gooooooood! She's not in the team anymore but she was amazing. Think I was her play in a Diamonds vs. Roses game during one of my first int. games back in 08 when she was still playing.

I play NB myself, and the club season is just beginning! Training started yesterday, and our first game is April 1st i think. Gotta check. Umpiring at club gala day is this weekend tho.

Ooh, exciting! I've always wanted to visit Singapore too.

Oh, you play NB internationally? Wow! TBH I was useless at the game. Too short and preferred to smoke behind the bike sheds instead :/

Naomi was in my year at school so I knew her quite well. Tells you how old I am...

no way could i be good enough at my age to play int!!!! ;D  i play at a local club against other teams in the region, but definitely support the local state teams + the Diamonds.

nah you aint old! i may be one of the youngest here for sure, but we're all teenage fans at heart when it comes to our fandoms. <3

I'm still convinced I'm in my early twenties :/ but sadly not.

Which position do you play?

you'll always be 16 going on 17 to me. <3

I can play anything but GS and GA, so I can cycle between C, WA, WD, GD and GK easily. I also umpire. What did you play in?