HPFanficTalk
Felpata_Lupin

The Pettigrew Awareness Challenge - Deadline: 1 March 2018

Hello, my lovely HPFTers! :wub:

I'm here with a challenge for you, if you're willing to take it up... :P (It's my first time hosting a challenge, so I'm a bit nervous... :$)

Challenge Name: The Pettigrew Awareness Challenge

Challenge Deadline: 1 March 2018

Accepted Fandom(s): Harry Potter

Accepted Ratings: (A) to (M)

Accepted Sites: HPFT, HPFF, AO3

Challenge Details: As you might know if you ever visited my author page, I have developed a slight obsession for probably the most hated character in the HP universe, Peter Pettigrew.

What I would like you to do is write a story that really explores his character. I'm not asking you to like him or to necessarily put him in a good light, but I do want you to give depth to his personality, thoughts, feelings... make him present and make him real.

You have complete freedom on what to write. Do you want to make it angsty? Humorous? Romantic? Go for it. Canon compliant or AU? Both are fine. Marauders Era? Hogwarts Era? Do you want him to find a Timeturner and end up with the Founders? I have no idea why you would want to do that, but it's okay. ;)

Prompts: as I said, I want you to feel free to do whatever you feel like doing, but I have a list of situations/themes/ moments of Peter's life that might be worth exploring, so I can give you a random one if you want me to. You don't have to use it, you can use one someone else already picked and you can ask me for another one as many times as you want (till I run out of them, they are not infinite, unfortunately).

Rewards: each entry will get a review. In addiction

• First place: story rec + 4 additional reviews on other stories of your choice

• Second place: story rec + 3 additional reviews on other stories of your choice

• Third place: story rec + 2 additional reviews on other stories of your choice

I might think of other gifts, honorable mentions and stuff, but it will depend on affluence and how much time I'll have at disposal... :P If I learn to do graphics in the meantime or find some artist who can make them for me, there might be graphics too.

Other rules:

• Must be ToS compliant (obviously)

• Must have For Felpata_Lupin's Pettigrew Awareness Challenge or something on that line in the summary

• Any era, genre, length... if you do multichap, please have two chapters posted by the deadline

• Can be combined with other challenges

• No prewrittens, but if you have a Pettigrew story and I haven't read it yet send me a link anyway ;)

• No new chapters in longer fics (sorry, but I prefer to read stories from the start)

And I think that's all, folks! Sign up and have fun! :greenstars:

I've been meaning to re-explore Pettigrew's character. Can I please see a random prompt? 😊

Edited by Rumpelstiltskin
  • Like 1

Yay! I'm so thrilled! :D

What about how he got involved with the Death Eaters?

Participants:

Rumpelstltskin

It’s been a while since I’ve really written Peter. I would love to give this challenge a shot. I might have an idea of what to write, but my I see a random prompt, just Incase? :) 

• Like 1

Meg, love! :wub: 

Sorry for the late reply... How does learning to be an Animagus sound for you?

Participants:

Rumpelstiltskin

MegGonagall

:couch:

Um, so, I'm so sorry, but could I please have a new prompt? I've made several attempts at plotting this and have already killed Peter three times and McKinnon once (oh goodness, don't ask). I think I'd like to start fresh with a new prompt if that isn't too much trouble. :/

14 hours ago, Rumpelstiltskin said:

Um, so, I'm so sorry, but could I please have a new prompt? I've made several attempts at plotting this and have already killed Peter three times and McKinnon once (oh goodness, don't ask). I think I'd like to start fresh with a new prompt if that isn't too much trouble. :/

Oh, no... that doesn't sound good... :| Of course yo can see another prompt. What about this: a display of Gryffindor bravery? It's a bit more generic but it should be a bit more cheery... ^_^

8 hours ago, forever_dreaming said:

Hi Chiara! I’m a taker <3 

Yay, Shreya! So happy you are signing up!:greenstars:

Panticipants

Rumpelstiltskin

MegGonagall

PaulaTheProkaryote

forever_dreaming

UA-79258518-1