HPFanficTalk
  • Announcements

• abhorsen.

Announcing... Teams Gorgon and Griffin!   12/14/2017

Your third and final snowball fight is just just over a day away, and your special team common rooms are now open in the Courtyard! For this fight, Hufflepuff and Slytherin will form team Gorgon, while Gryffindor and Ravenclaw will form team Griffin! The official topics in your common rooms will unlock tomorrow, but you're very welcome to use the space now to decide on a strategy, ask the staff for clarification on any rules, and just get to know each other if you don't already.
dreamgazer220

The Say Goodbye Challenge - Deadline: 2 March 2018

The Say Goodbye Challenge!

Challenge Deadline:  March 2nd, 2018
Accepted Fandom(s): Harry Potter, The 100, The Raven Cycle, Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda, original fiction**
Accepted Length: One-shot up to 5,000 words.
Accepted Sites: HPFT
Accepted Ratings: A-M as accepted on the archives
Challenge Details: 

The challenge, my friends, is simple.  In less than 5,000 words, I want you to write me a one-shot where your main character has to say goodbye.  It doesn't necessarily have to be to a person; it can be a special place or a significant object from their lives as well. It can be a permanent goodbye or a temporary goodbye; the choice is yours.  The point of this challenge is to express the character's emotions, and show the significance of the thing or person they're saying goodbye to; I want you to really make me feel for the character.  Show me rather than tell me; be creative!

If you’re stuck, I have a list of 50 characters and 30 places you can choose from. You can switch up to three times, and you don’t have to use your prompts at all. Up to three people can use the same prompts. 
**Please note that while the following fandoms are accepted and encouraged, my prompt lists are strictly for HP. If you want to do one of the fandoms listed above and need some help, let me know and I'm sure I can think of something :)

Rules: 

1. Must be posted to HPFT -- let's support our archive, ya'll. 
  2. Must follow the site's rules and guidelines.
  3. Must have for dreamgazer220's Say Goodbye Challenge somewhere in the summary or story notes.
  4. Can switch your prompts up to three times.
  5. Up to three people can use the same prompt.
  6. Multiple entries are allowed.
  7. Can be combined with other challenges.
  8. No pre-written stories.
  9. Can be any genre or era.
  10. Only accepting one-shots or drabbles.

Rewards:

Each entry will receive a review from me.

3rd Place: ONE additional prize review, (possibly) a prize graphic, and a favorite story.
2nd Place: THREE additional prize reviews, (possibly) a prize graphic, and a favorite story.
1st Place: FIVE additional prize reviews, a picspam representing your story, (possibly) a prize graphic, a favorite story, and eternal glory.

(I’m hoping that I’ll be able to have someone to make the prize graphics for me, so that could be subject to change.)

So come one, come all! Sign up and if you manage to make me cry, you get bonus points.

Edited by dreamgazer220
  • Like 1

I'm so bad at following up with challenges but I want to give this a try. I might have a couple of ideas, too, but I still want to check out some prompts...

Can I see character 26 and place 7, please?

• Like 1

Meee. With Astoria Greengrass, because these days, of course it's with Astoria Greengrass. :P

• Like 1

Participants! :cheering:

27 minutes ago, Felpata_Lupin said:

I'm so bad at following up with challenges but I want to give this a try. I might have a couple of ideas, too, but I still want to check out some prompts...

Can I see character 26 and place 7, please?

Of course! Character 26 is Justin Finch-Fletchley and place 7 is a Hogwarts corridor. Let me know if either of these work or if you want to switch :)

26 minutes ago, abhorsen. said:

Meee. With Astoria Greengrass, because these days, of course it's with Astoria Greengrass. :P

Yay, can't wait!

Participants:

-Felpata_Lupin
-abhorsen.

Prompts Left:

Characters 1-25, 27-50; places 1-6, 8-30

Me with Lavender Brown maybe in one chapter of a multi-chaptered story.

Is it okay to be categorized as one-shot entry?

Edited by StarFeather

9 hours ago, Felpata_Lupin said:

Guess I'll see what I can do with those (I wanted to write more Hufflepuff characters anyway) :P

Awesome!  Let me know at any point if they don't work.

8 hours ago, StarFeather said:

Me with Lavender Brown maybe in one chapter of a multi-chaptered story.

Is it okay to be categorized as one-shot entry?

For this particular challenge, I'm unfortunately only accepting traditional one-shots; I'm looking for a clear beginning, middle, and end. If that still works for you, let me know, and I'm excited to see what you come up with for Lavender! 

Possible Participants:

-Felpata_Lupin
-abhorsen.

7 hours ago, dreamgazer220 said:

For this particular challenge, I'm unfortunately only accepting traditional one-shots; I'm looking for a clear beginning, middle, and end. If that still works for you, let me know, and I'm excited to see what you come up with for Lavender! 

Thank you for clarification, Jill. I'll try Lavender, Ron /maybe Seamus in one-shot.

6 hours ago, StarFeather said:

Thank you for clarification, Jill. I'll try Lavender, Ron /maybe Seamus in one-shot.

Great! Can't wait to see what you come up with, Kenny :)

Possible Participants:

-Felpata_Lupin
-abhorsen.
-StarFeather

• Like 1

Heyyyyy Jill! May I please have a random HP character? Any time period :) 

11 hours ago, Rumpelstiltskin said:

Could I please have a random person and a random place? ^_^

Sure! How does Frank Longbottom & a different country work for you? 

4 hours ago, BlackPixie said:

Heyyyyy Jill! May I please have a random HP character? Any time period :) 

Sure thing, Hayden! How about Hannah Abbott for you?

3 hours ago, MalfoysAngel said:

I want to try this...I'm not sure what character I'll use though. 

Awesome! Let me know if you want me to assign you someone, or if you'll just see whoever speaks to you :wub:

Possible Participants:

-Felpata_Lupin
-abhorsen.
-StarFeather
-Rumpelstiltskin
-BlackPixie
-MalfoysAngel

14 minutes ago, Slytherinchica08 said:

I have a small idea for this and would like to use George

Great! Can't wait to see what you come up with :)

Possible Participants:

-Felpata_Lupin
-abhorsen.
-StarFeather
-Rumpelstiltskin
-BlackPixie
-MalfoysAngel
-Slytherinchica08

can i be a maybe with Minerva McGonagall 
however i have no idea what i want to write, so could i also have a random prompt as inspiration?? 

On 12/2/2017 at 1:19 PM, beyond the rain said:

can i be a maybe with Minerva McGonagall 
however i have no idea what i want to write, so could i also have a random prompt as inspiration?? 

Hey, Bex! I'd love to see you write McGonagall. The prompts I have are just lists of characters or places, so I can give you a random place, or think of something on a whim and see if it works for you? Let me know! :)

Possible Participants:

-Felpata_Lupin
-abhorsen.
-StarFeather
-Rumpelstiltskin
-BlackPixie
-MalfoysAngel
-Slytherinchica08
-beyond the rain

On 12/5/2017 at 6:30 AM, beyond the rain said:

a random place or a random prompt would be cool, I just need something to get my mind going aha :)

Eep, I totally meant to respond to this earlier, sorry!  I couldn't think of any good prompts, but how about The Three Broomsticks for a random place? Does that help? 

UA-79258518-1