HPFanficTalk
clevernotbrilliant

"Anything But a Love Triangle" Love Triangle Challenge | Deadline: 28 February 2018

Challenge Name: “Anything But A Love Triangle” Love Triangle Challenge
Challenge Deadline: February 28th
Accepted Fandom(s): HP, SVTHSA, The 100, CW’s Arrowverse, MCU, Original Fiction *
Accepted Ratings: A-M
Challenge Details:

We all know the traditional love triangle: Guy A and Guy B both fall in love with The Girl and she is forced to choose between the two of them. You know what I’m talking about: Peeta, Gale, and Katniss in The Hunger Games; Bella, Edward, and Jacob in Twilight; Clary, Jace, and Simon in The Mortal Instruments; and so on and so on...

Basically, love triangles suck and could be so much more original than all mainstream media thinks is possible and that is where you guys come in. Your challenge is to write a love triangle in a new and fun way. Maybe it’s three guys or three girls. Maybe the guys end up getting together or it’s two girls who end up getting together. The goal is basically to make the love triangle as new and interesting a possible and not follow the same tired trope.

I do not have any prompts prewritten, but I can give out pairings if you would like one.

*As many of you know, I watch a lot of TV and movies so if you want to write about a fandom not on this list, just shoot me a PM and I’ll let you know if I know enough about it for you to write it

RULES

• Can be published on other sites but I will only be judging the entries on the HPFT archive
  • Must follow the site guidelines and rules
  • Make a note that it is for “clevernotbrilliant’s love triangle challenge” somewhere in the story
  • Any era, character, genre, etc is allowed
  • Multi-chapters are allowed as long as two chapters are up before the deadline
  • Can be combined with other challenges
  • No pre-written stories (adding new chapters to old stories is allowed)

Rewards:

Every entry will get a review from me.

Third Place: Two reviews on stories of your choice, prize graphic 
Second Place: Three reviews on stories of your choice, favorite story, prize graphic 
First Place: Four reviews on story of your choice, favorite story, picspam/aesthetic based on your story, prize graphic

Soooooooooo this fits PERFECTLY in with an unwritten plunny that has been floating around in my head for like, a year. Problem is it's going to be a novel and I have minimal time to write these days and the absolute last thing I should be doing right now is signing up for challenges but........... !!!!!!!!!!! I HAVE TO

Just... list me as a maybe, because I may not actually get very far with it and I don't want to let you down :P BUT I'M REALLY EXCITED

On 11/30/2017 at 5:04 PM, Stella Blue said:

Just... list me as a maybe, because I may not actually get very far with it and I don't want to let you down :P BUT I'M REALLY EXCITED

Yay, I'm so excited that you're excited!! :yay:

5 hours ago, Rumpelstiltskin said:

So many challenges, so little time. Can I be a maybe, please?

Of course!!

Participants:

Takers

Maybes

Stella Blue

Rumpelstiltskin

Brain: You need to stop signing up for challenges and actually work on your WIPs, you know challenges are just going to grow into WIPs anyway.
Heart: GIVE ME ALL THE CHALLENGES.

Sooooo, sign me up as a maybe! Can I have a random next gen pairing?  I'mma gonna go with two girls and a guy, please :wub:

5 minutes ago, dreamgazer220 said:

Brain: You need to stop signing up for challenges and actually work on your WIPs, you know challenges are just going to grow into WIPs anyway.
Heart: GIVE ME ALL THE CHALLENGES.

Sooooo, sign me up as a maybe! Can I have a random next gen pairing?  I'mma gonna go with two girls and a guy, please :wub:

Yay, more people!!

Hmmm, how about Lucy Weasley/A Female Longbottom/Scorpius Malfoy?

Participants:

Takers

Maybes

Stella Blue

Rumpelstiltskin

dreamgazer220

Edited by clevernotbrilliant

UA-79258518-1