HPFanficTalk
WriteYourHeartOut

Site Suggestions and Feedback

5 hours ago, poppunkpadfoot said:

sorry to post this in the middle of an ongoing discussion, but there's something i've been wondering about :$

i'm not sure if this is something that it would even be possible to do with the new software, and i totally understand if it's not. but it would be really nice if we were able to see a list of all the site's members... one that we could sort by house/grouping/date joined/whatever. if i recall correctly, we had something similar on the old forums. not having that sort of function isn't the end of the world, but there are definitely times when that would come in very handy, especially with my prefect duties.

i sure hope i explained that right O.o

Unfortunately, the member list is something that existed in older versions of IPB, but for some reason I cannot explain, they decided to get rid of it. Now to view a member list, you have to perform a search:

Search > advanced search > member search > select your parameters > search members

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Alopex said:

Unfortunately, the member list is something that existed in older versions of IPB, but for some reason I cannot explain, they decided to get rid of it. Now to view a member list, you have to perform a search:

Search > advanced search > member search > select your parameters > search members

oooooh i had no idea that was a thing we could do! thank you alo, that's really helpful <3

• Like 1

Would it be possible to add more options to the "sort by" filter on the archives? Right now the options are alphabetically and most recent. I think it would also be useful to be able to sort by length and maybe rating.

• Like 1

Hey idea that bubbled in a chat that I thought I'd put out for all.

Is it possible for us to have a "To read list"  Like a way to mark a story and 'need to read'?  That would be really nice.

If not could we maybe have a small corner of the forum of it?

• Like 2

11 hours ago, scooterbug8515 said:

Hey idea that bubbled in a chat that I thought I'd put out for all.

Is it possible for us to have a "To read list"  Like a way to mark a story and 'need to read'?  That would be really nice.

If not could we maybe have a small corner of the forum of it?

@toomanycurls handles most of the archive stuff, especially any coding changes, so she will have to speak to the feasibility of doing something like that.  For the forums, though, it sounds like you are suggesting a personal list or notepad, basically?  Could a blog work for that?  Like an entry where you list that out and can keep editing it as you add new stories or read ones on your list?  You might even be able to keep it unpublished as a draft if you'd prefer it more private.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

UA-79258518-1