HPFanficTalk
  • Announcements

• abhorsen.

February Bulletin   01/31/2018

February's bulletin is up! It includes information about recent staff/prefect bumps, our secret cupid event, our monthly awards, and more! You can check it out +here.
    • abhorsen.

2018 FROGS Winners   02/10/2018

We've announced the winners of our 2018 FROGS Winners! You can check out the livestream +here and the awards post on the forums +here!
just.a.willow.tree

just.a.willow.tree's reviews

Hey, Eva! :wub: 

I'm here with a request for my latest story... Btw, I will get to yours soon, probably this weekend! :hug:

Story and Author Name, including link: Shattering, dying, healing (M) by Felpata_Lupin

Warnings and Advisories: Mature (Violence)

Genre: Angst, Drama, Hurt/Comfort

Length: one-shot - 2024 words

Summary:

And then it hit him, his cousin was truly gone.

A missing moment from Liar.

Written for dreamgazer220's Say Goodbye Challenge.

Ships: none (maybe slightly hinted Jily)

Areas of Concern (if any): Does it flow well? Does the structure work? Is it emotional enough or does it feel like just a recount of events? Are James' reactions believable? Is it interesting? Does it even make sense at all? (As you can see, I'm soooo confident about this one... :couch:)

I feel sort of bad for stalking this thread... :couch: doing this only because you asked, it's completely disinterested and has nothing to do with how much I love receiving your reviews... :angel:

Story and Author Name, including link: Liar (M) by Felpata_Lupin

Warnings and Advisories: Domestic abuse, sexual content, substance abuse, violence

Genre: Angst, Drama, Romance, AU

Length: 10 chapters - 52467 words (the first chapter is 2599 words)

Summary:

We were meant to be friends, Remus. You know it, as well as I do.

Two children who grew up together. Two boys struggling on their paths towards adulthood. Two men faced with darkness too thick for them to get through.

A Peter/Remus story.

Set in the All the truth about Jimmy Portman's universe.

Ships: Remus/Peter, Remus/Dorcas, Peter/male OC, James/Lily, hinted Sirius/Marlene

Areas of Concern (if any): You said to poke you to start reading this and so that's what I'm doing... And also I'm really curious to know your thoughts about this, too. Feel free to review as many chapters as you'll feel comfortable doing in one row. I will surely come back re-requesting soon anyway. :P

Thank you so much, you are wonderful! :wub:   :freeze::grouphug:

Chiara! Come back and stalk my thread anytime, your requests always make me so happy. :wub: 

I'll do five chapters at a time for this one. <3

Hi there!  This thread looks SOOOO lonely.  I'd love a review!

However, and this might be a little unconventional, but I'm sort of interested in doing a marketing study.  You see, my AP has no banners on it (eaten by that graphic site and I'm too busy to figure out a new one) and I have quite a broad spectrum of stories on my page.

Soooo.... would you be interested in just... picking something that sounds the most interesting?  I'd love to know which of my stories is the most appealing to readers and why...

Are you up for that?  Just picking one thing, and then telling me about the readability and how to improve the summary?  I really need that.

If not, here's a story that I'd love a little feedback on.  It was written very quickly and doesn't get any reads.  :)

Story and Author Name, including link: The Durmstrang Curling Team(T) by Pixileanin

Warnings and Advisories: too much sap

Genre: sort of funny and quirky

Length: one-shot 

Summary: It's a little known sport, but they make the best of it.

Ships: none (ish)

Areas of Concern (if any): whatever you see, I want to know.

Thanks so much for the review!  I responded to it just now.

... so... could we do this one more time?  I'm really curious to see what's the second most interesting fic on my page... also, somewhere, or maybe you could send it in a PM, I'd love to know which piece looks the least interesting, and what your thoughts are on it.  You wouldn't have to read it... just by the looks of it, you know?

Anyway, let me know if this is okay.  

• Like 1

Hi, Eva! Have you missed me? :P

Story and Author Name, including link: Liar (M) by Felpata_Lupin

Warnings and Advisories: Domestic abuse, sexual content, substance abuse, violence

Genre: Angst, Drama, Romance, AU

Length: 10 chapters - 52467 words

Summary:

We were meant to be friends, Remus. You know it, as well as I do.

Two children who grew up together. Two boys struggling on their paths towards adulthood. Two men faced with darkness too thick for them to get through.

A Peter/Remus story.

Set in the All the truth about Jimmy Portman's universe.

Ships: Remus/Peter, Remus/Dorcas, Peter/male OC, James/Lily, hinted Sirius/Marlene

Areas of Concern (if any): I've just finished replying to all your reviews, so now I need more... :P  Some of the following chapters are quite long (the longest is over 7k), so feel free to take this slow, you don't have to review all the remaining chapters in one go... it's up to you, though. Also, thank you so much in advance, I know your feedback will make me super happy! :wub:

• Haha 1

Yellow! I just read Untrue, untrue and I love how you write, soooo... I'm sure you're fantastic at reviewing too!

I have four chapters of a story and it's actually a sequel, but I don't think it's particularly necessary to read the other before (the one before is 7000 words anyway, if you feel like reading it) but here it is!

Story and Author Name, including link: Uncertain future (M) Tecla Sunrise

Warnings and Advisories: Profanity

Length: 7565 words

Summary: James and Elizabeth have been a couple for four months.
They’re falling in love and everything is going perfectly.
Until James mentions a Sunday lunch with his family.
"Absolutely no"

Genre: fluff, romance, bit of angst but in the future

Areas of concern: whatever you find! Grammar and characterisation mostly <3

UA-79258518-1