Welcome to HPFT

We are a multi-fandom/original fiction community with roots in the Harry Potter fandom community. We strive to maintain a strong focus on author feedback and inclusive writing. Here on the forums, you can join a house and participate in House Cup events, participate in writing challenges, play games, and much more!

Join the Forums

Check out the Archives

HPFT has a moderated multi-fandom/original fiction archive with an unlimited queue. There you can post your writing, as well as read and review other members' writing. Be sure to stop by and check out our latest featured stories!

Join the Archives

Find us on Social Media

HPFT is active on social media. You can find us and many members busily tweeting on Twitter, join us for livestreams on YouTube, check out aesthetics on Instagram, get sneak peeks on Snapchat, and interact on Tumblr! All our social media links can be found below.

News Ticker
  • The House Cup finale will commence shortly!
  • Keep an eye on the Prefects' Blog for House Writing Award results.
  • Ask about our Review Transfer Tool.
just.a.willow.tree

just.a.willow.tree's reviews

Felpata_Lupin

Hey, Eva! :wub: 

I'm here with a request for my latest story... Btw, I will get to yours soon, probably this weekend! :hug:

Story and Author Name, including link: Shattering, dying, healing (M) by Felpata_Lupin

Warnings and Advisories: Mature (Violence)

Genre: Angst, Drama, Hurt/Comfort

Length: one-shot - 2024 words

Summary:

And then it hit him, his cousin was truly gone.

A missing moment from Liar.

Written for dreamgazer220's Say Goodbye Challenge.

Ships: none (maybe slightly hinted Jily)

Areas of Concern (if any): Does it flow well? Does the structure work? Is it emotional enough or does it feel like just a recount of events? Are James' reactions believable? Is it interesting? Does it even make sense at all? (As you can see, I'm soooo confident about this one... :couch:)

Felpata_Lupin

I feel sort of bad for stalking this thread... :couch: doing this only because you asked, it's completely disinterested and has nothing to do with how much I love receiving your reviews... :angel:

Story and Author Name, including link: Liar (M) by Felpata_Lupin

Warnings and Advisories: Domestic abuse, sexual content, substance abuse, violence

Genre: Angst, Drama, Romance, AU

Length: 10 chapters - 52467 words (the first chapter is 2599 words)

Summary:

We were meant to be friends, Remus. You know it, as well as I do.

Two children who grew up together. Two boys struggling on their paths towards adulthood. Two men faced with darkness too thick for them to get through.

A Peter/Remus story.

Set in the All the truth about Jimmy Portman's universe.

Ships: Remus/Peter, Remus/Dorcas, Peter/male OC, James/Lily, hinted Sirius/Marlene

Areas of Concern (if any): You said to poke you to start reading this and so that's what I'm doing... And also I'm really curious to know your thoughts about this, too. Feel free to review as many chapters as you'll feel comfortable doing in one row. I will surely come back re-requesting soon anyway. :P

Thank you so much, you are wonderful! :wub:   :freeze::grouphug:

just.a.willow.tree

Chiara! Come back and stalk my thread anytime, your requests always make me so happy. :wub: 

I'll do five chapters at a time for this one. <3

Pixileanin

Hi there!  This thread looks SOOOO lonely.  I'd love a review!

However, and this might be a little unconventional, but I'm sort of interested in doing a marketing study.  You see, my AP has no banners on it (eaten by that graphic site and I'm too busy to figure out a new one) and I have quite a broad spectrum of stories on my page.

Soooo.... would you be interested in just... picking something that sounds the most interesting?  I'd love to know which of my stories is the most appealing to readers and why...

Are you up for that?  Just picking one thing, and then telling me about the readability and how to improve the summary?  I really need that.

If not, here's a story that I'd love a little feedback on.  It was written very quickly and doesn't get any reads.  :)

Story and Author Name, including link: The Durmstrang Curling Team(T) by Pixileanin

Warnings and Advisories: too much sap

Genre: sort of funny and quirky

Length: one-shot 

Summary: It's a little known sport, but they make the best of it.

Ships: none (ish)

Areas of Concern (if any): whatever you see, I want to know.

just.a.willow.tree

@Pixileanin Of course, I'll do that! It's such a unique request that I'm sure it'll be fun for me. ^_^

just.a.willow.tree

@Felpata_Lupin Finished all of your reviews!

@Pixileanin I picked out the story that sounded most interesting to me. ^_^ Thank you for requesting!

Three slots open.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pixileanin

Thanks so much for the review!  I responded to it just now.

... so... could we do this one more time?  I'm really curious to see what's the second most interesting fic on my page... also, somewhere, or maybe you could send it in a PM, I'd love to know which piece looks the least interesting, and what your thoughts are on it.  You wouldn't have to read it... just by the looks of it, you know?

Anyway, let me know if this is okay.  

• Like 1

Felpata_Lupin

Hi, Eva! Have you missed me? :P

Story and Author Name, including link: Liar (M) by Felpata_Lupin

Warnings and Advisories: Domestic abuse, sexual content, substance abuse, violence

Genre: Angst, Drama, Romance, AU

Length: 10 chapters - 52467 words

Summary:

We were meant to be friends, Remus. You know it, as well as I do.

Two children who grew up together. Two boys struggling on their paths towards adulthood. Two men faced with darkness too thick for them to get through.

A Peter/Remus story.

Set in the All the truth about Jimmy Portman's universe.

Ships: Remus/Peter, Remus/Dorcas, Peter/male OC, James/Lily, hinted Sirius/Marlene

Areas of Concern (if any): I've just finished replying to all your reviews, so now I need more... :P  Some of the following chapters are quite long (the longest is over 7k), so feel free to take this slow, you don't have to review all the remaining chapters in one go... it's up to you, though. Also, thank you so much in advance, I know your feedback will make me super happy! :wub:

• Haha 1

Tecla Sunrise

Yellow! I just read Untrue, untrue and I love how you write, soooo... I'm sure you're fantastic at reviewing too!

I have four chapters of a story and it's actually a sequel, but I don't think it's particularly necessary to read the other before (the one before is 7000 words anyway, if you feel like reading it) but here it is!

Story and Author Name, including link: Uncertain future (M) Tecla Sunrise

Warnings and Advisories: Profanity

Length: 7565 words

Summary: James and Elizabeth have been a couple for four months.
They’re falling in love and everything is going perfectly.
Until James mentions a Sunday lunch with his family.
"Absolutely no"

Genre: fluff, romance, bit of angst but in the future

Areas of concern: whatever you find! Grammar and characterisation mostly <3

just.a.willow.tree

@Tecla Sunrise I'll definitely be on this as soon as I can, but just know that due to all the Secret Cupid things going on, I might take a while. ^_^ 

• Like 1

just.a.willow.tree

@Felpata_Lupin I finished reading and reviewing Liar! I'm so sorry for the wait. I absolutely loved it. :wub:

@Tecla Sunrise I just checked your link, and I realized the story is on HPFF. I'll review the first chapter, but I just wanted to let you know that in my original post, I requested that the stories be on HPFT. If you transfer your story to HPFT at any point, I'd love to review the rest of it!

Three slots open! ^_^ 

• Thanks 1

RoxiMalfoy
Posted (edited)

Story & Author Name: Love, Not War [M] by RoxiMalfoy
Warnings & Advisories: Hate Speech, Suicide, Violence
Genres: Angst, AU, Horror/Dark, Drama
Length: Novel (21 Chapters) WIP: 139,944 so far
Ships: Draco/OC, Lucius/Narcissa, Molly/Arthur, 
Summary: When tragedy strikes, Lucius Malfoy is forced to make a difficult decision. He then hands his only son over to the Order of the Phoenix, in the hopes that they will protect him from Lord Voldemort. Now, with nowhere else to go, Draco Malfoy is stuck living at the Burrow with the Weasley’s. But when another new witch from America moves in too, things start to get... interesting.
Areas of Concern: Eva!!! I finally have a new chapter up for you to read!!! LNW Chapter 22: The Messenger (M) is up now, and I would LOVE to hear your thoughts on it!!! :yay: This chapter was super difficult for me to write, I'm not gonna lie. It really took me out of my comfort zone quite a bit. There are so many new elements that were introduced/added to the story in this chapter, and I had to do quite a bit of research for some of the medical aspects of it towards the end. So I guess if you have any thoughts on that, feel free to share them, lol. ;) Plus there is a new character introduced in this chapter who I had a LOT of fun with!! I don't get to write a whole lot dark characters, so he's totally different from the people you normally see in the story. He's crazy, and dangerous, and he certainly gave me the run-around while writing this chapter, haha!! :P I really do hope that you like him!! Thank you so much, Eva!!

Edited by LadyL8
  • Like 1

1917farmgirl

Can I snag a spot, even though I'm still working through review responses from the last beauties?

Story and Author Name, including link: Different (T), 1917farmgirl

Warnings and Advisories: Violence

Length: 2255 words

Summary: 

Being different is hard, and some narrow-minded and jealous bullies make Merlin's life rough as he tries to adjust to living in Camelot and being a servant to a Royal Prat. He desperately tries to keep anyone from noticing, but Gaius isn't just anyone, and the old physician isn't about to let his boy suffer alone.

Genre: general

Areas of concern: Do you like it?

Thanks so much!  You are awesome!

toomanycurls

Story and Author Name, including link: Lightning Love -- toomanycurls (M)
Warnings and Advisories: Mature -- sex, some violence, self harm, stuff. you know
Genre romance, drama, lolz
Length: 18k
Summary: 

Love strikes as fast as lightning and burns as slow as the sun for some. With others it takes many attempts to combust and backfires with an unpleasant bang. For some the spark never comes at all.

What will be the love story of Lily and Lysander? 

Ships: Lily/Lysander, others. 
Areas of Concern: I did something a bit new with chapter 6. I focus pretty exclusively on a single day/activity without a hard cut between parts. I tried to advance stuff in plot without too many overtures but wonder if it feels like anything happened

just.a.willow.tree

@1917farmgirl, @toomanycurls It's good to see you two in my review thread again! :wub: I've finished your reviews. <3

Three slots open!

• Like 1

Tecla Sunrise

Oh, sorry I hadn't read carefully! don't worry about it and thank you so much! when I'll bring it on hpft I'll post again :rose:

• Like 1

Crimson Quill
Posted (edited)

Story and Author Name, including link: Golden Girl (m) / crimsonquill

Warnings and Advisories: violence/domestic violence 

Genre angst/drama/dark/horror

Length:  2572 words

Summary:  

'It was a crushing truth, the ugly type that no-one would ever admit unless they had to. This was that moment for him.'

Ships: Peter Pettigrew/OC

Areas of Concern: So I guess I just wanted some feedback or general comments/thoughts on it? this story has been in my head canon for a long time (so its important to me) but it was difficult to get out of my head and onto the page. I hope it came across well? I don't know! ha ha! 

Thank you, Eva! :hug:

Edited by Crimson Quill
forgot rating

just.a.willow.tree
Posted (edited)

@Crimson Quill Done! (Finally. :P) <3

All three slots open!

Edited by just.a.willow.tree
  • Like 1

Levana

Eva! <3 Mind If I snag a spot?

Story and Author Name, including link: Then Time Stood Still (M) - Levana

Warnings and Advisories: Suicide 

Genre: Angst, Hurt/Comfort

Length: 4,360 words

Summary: He didn't want to believe it, George tried to deny the truth that was right in front of him. At a certain point though, he couldn't continue to deny it. The missing presence by his side, the second half of a joke that was left unsaid, left a gaping hole in his heart. It was the missing hand on the famous Weasley clock though, that was final piece of evidence. After seeing that, George couldn’t deny it anymore; Fred was gone, and he wasn’t coming back.

Ships: none

Areas of Concern: Just some general feedback from you would be lovely :wub:

Recent Badges

1917farmgirl

Yes, I'm selfishly back again, but your reviews are just SO AMAZING!  And my new little fic just looks so lonely.  I hope you won't mind.  (It's Merlin stuff again, so if you are tired of it, I totally understand!)

Story and Author Name, including link: Between a Rock and a Hard Place (t), 1917farmgirl

Warnings and Advisories: Violence

Genre: Angst, Action/Adventure, AU

Length: 4767 words

Summary: Arthur learns the meaning of true friendship when a fun hunting trip takes a deadly turn, and Merlin shows that nobility comes from within.  Reveal fic, Arthur & Merlin friendship. 

Ships: Arthur/Gwen

Areas of Concern: General feedback and whatever you want to say is just fine.

just.a.willow.tree

@Levana I forgot to mention this in the review, but good luck in the challenge!

@1917farmgirl I'm always happy to review your Merlin fics for you. <3

All three slots open!

• Thanks 1

Felpata_Lupin

Okay, I'm a bad person who loves your reviews too much... :$ (will reply to the wonderful ones you left on Liar as soon as I can...)

Story and Author Name, including link: Goodbye, Jus (A) by Felpata_Lupin

Warnings and Advisories: none

Genre: Angst, Drama,  Hurt/Comfort,  Romance

Length: one-shot, 2506 words

Summary: She'd been just a comet into my sky, you'd always been the sun.

Ships: Justin/Hannah/Susan

Areas of Concern: Just curious about your thoughts! :wub:

just.a.willow.tree
Posted (edited)

@Felpata_Lupin Done! :wub: Sorry for the wait. <3

Edited by just.a.willow.tree
  • Thanks 1