HPFanficTalk
  • Announcements

• abhorsen.

January Bulletin   12/31/2017

January's bulletin is up! It includes information about recent staff/prefect bumps, the upcoming FROGS, some special awards, and more! You can check it out +here.

Congrats to all those recognised in the last couple of months - especially all those 29 wonderful reviewers in the snowball fight! I received some wonderful reviews during the event, and am incredibly appreciative. Big shout out to the staff, as always, for doing such wonderful things for our community!

(Also, Branwen those awards for the snowball fight are AMAZING. I love that style!)

• Thanks 1

Oh, I'm speechless!  What a wonderful New Year's Eve surprise!  Thank you so much!  And congrats to everyone who was mentioned in this, as well as a hearty thank you to those leaving staff positions!  THANK YOU!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, abhorsen. said:

Finally, we now have a secondary twitter account that automatically posts chapter updates: +HPFT New Chapters - follow it if you'd like to see when people update their stories.

If your story doesn't show up after an update it could be that your update was too close to the previous one for the service we're using to recognize that there's something new (it keeps a list of stories you'd updated in the last 2 days). The other thing is that sometimes it's weird and doesn't include everything. <_< Also if you think of better hashtags to use, let us know! 

• Like 1

Ah, the graphics are so gorgeous on this bulletin, and all the awards are stunning. It was so exciting to wake up to find out I'm head student; I didn't expect this! I had so much fun participating in the snowball event and I can't thank the staff enough for putting together such an intricate and exciting game. It was so much fun interacting with all the other houses!

And congrats to the authors of all featured stories --I'm definitely going to check them out. And also to the top reviewers! I've had the pleasure of working alongside all of them. Y'all rock!

• Like 4

How the heck did I get a featured story? I haven't written anything in ages.

Regardless, thank you, and congratulations to everyone else listed up there ... It feels like it's half the site! I'm sure it's not, but it's just so nice to go through reading about all the wonderful things people have been doing. Great work, everyone. I love you all ❤💙💚💛

• Like 5

this was an exciting update! lots to look forward too! :)

congratulations to everyone who was recognised in this post, all very well deserved especially head students which I think were perfectly chosen @just.a.willow.tree @manno-malfoy ! My wonderful mama lion too, @nott theodore who worked so hard on this event! 

I'm so pleased to get a little shout out for my small role in winter wonderland too, I'm really enjoyed the event as a whole! :wub:

@abhorsen. I have a question about the FROGS, I'm hoping that you could clear up for me as I would love to start looking at my nominations v soon. It was only 6 months since the last FROGs so is it only fics written/updated in the last 6 months that are going to be eligible to win? or are you planning for the cut off to be calendar year so January '17 to now? or will any fic posted on archives be able to win? what are you planning as the cut off date? thanks! :)

• Like 5

What a lovely bulletin! The updates were nice and concise and gave me a much needed run-down of everything that is going on. Kudos to all the reviewers for doing such an amazing job, and congratulations to the featured authors and members. Lots of love to all, and Happy New Year! 

• Like 1

Ah this is such a wonderful bulletin!  Those graphics are stunning :wub:

A huge thank you to both Kayla and Shaza for all their work as prefects - we're going to miss you, but I'm sure I'll still see you both around :hug: And congratulations to Emily for joining staff!  I know you'll do a wonderful job!

Manno and Eva have both been incredible this month - it was so fun to work with them on the winter wonderland teams, and slightly intimidating to work against them, and I can't think of any more deserving head students!  Sam, Rumpels, Kristin, Abbi, and Shreya - you're all amazing reviewers and congratulations on your awards for the winter wonderland event too!  And thank you for mine :) I had so much fun this month writing those reviews, and we left an incredible amount between us!  Thanks again to the staff for organising it :)

Also, thank you for the featured story!  That was a really unexpected but lovely surprise :wub:

I'm looking forward to the FROGS awards and all the other fun events and challenges coming up this year.  Happy New Year to everyone! :hug: 

• Like 4

It's always nice to read these updates! Thank you for putting them up! :)

Many, many congrats to all the very deserving featured members, and also thank you because I've received a few lovely reviews during the snowball fight that really made me smile! :wub:

Looking forward to FROGS! :D

Much love and happy 2018, everyone!

• Like 1

These bulletins are always such a great way to see what's been going on at the forums, and Branwen, those graphics are gorgeous! 

Congratulations to everyone who was highlighted and featured this month -- very well deserved awards! 

And congratulations to Emily on your promotion -- you've been an awesome Prefect and I know you'll rock the queue as Auror.  Kayla and Shaza, I'm so sad to see you both step down, but I hope you won't be strangers to the site! Thank you for everything you've done and good luck this year :hug:

I can't believe it's time for the FROGS already! :yay: The categories look great and it'll be awesome to see who our nominees will be this year.

And as always, big thanks to the staff for everything you guys do to keep this community wonderful  :wub:

• Like 5

Posted (edited)

Way to go everyone! 

Also, question. I wasn't back yet with the last FROGS. I'd also like to second what Crimson asked about what fics can be nominated and if there's a limit to how long ago they were written.

(Also, how do I save that picture as something besides a png file?)

Edited by Shadowkat678
  • Like 1

Thank you so much for the beautiful award! :wub: And congrats to Manno, too! Sian, Sam, and Rumpels left a ridiculous number of reviews during the event, congrats guys! A huge thank you to the staff for putting the Winter Wonderland together and making it so much fun. <3

• Like 1

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

UA-79258518-1