HPFanficTalk
  • Announcements

• abhorsen.

January Bulletin   12/31/2017

January's bulletin is up! It includes information about recent staff/prefect bumps, the upcoming FROGS, some special awards, and more! You can check it out +here.

Most Versatile Author Nominations

Is there an author who stands out as always pushing themselves? This author may explore many different perspectives, pairings, or themes. They may stand out in their eagerness to intersperse difficult subjects with pure fluff - or they may excel with a wide variety of fandoms/eras! Do they dabble in novels, poetry, and everything in between?

If an author jumps to mind, please nominate them here using the following form.

Archive Name:

Link to Author's Page:

Reason for Nomination:

You may also use your nomination to second or third a nomination someone else has already made. All nominated authors that receive three nominations (i.e., are seconded and then thirded) will move on to the voting round.

Previous 'Most Versatile Author' F.R.O.G.S. winners cannot be nominated for this award. That includes:

TreacleTart

Already through to final voting:

@abhorsen./Beeezie

@BlackPixie

@melian

@nott theodore

@PaulaTheProkaryote

@pookha

Archive Name: Melian / @melian

Link to Author's Page: Click

Reason for Nomination: I'm nominating Mel because she has wide range of stories posted on the archives. I think what makes Mel special is that she actively try to push herself with her writing and try new themes/pairings etc... She isn't afraid to write outside her own head canon either, e.g. she has wolfstars yet she is the author that made Laura/Sirius basically canon in many people's eyes.  She has taken apart in a lot of challenges and forum events which have pushed her as a writer which means she has a brilliant authors page which is full of different and interesting stories.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Crimson Quill said:

Reason for Nomination: I'm nominating Mel because she has wide range of stories posted on the archives. I think what makes Mel special is that she actively try to push herself with her writing and try new themes/pairings etc... She isn't afraid to write outside her own head canon either, e.g. she has wolfstars yet she is the author that made Laura/Sirius basically canon in many people's eyes.  She has taken apart in a lot of challenges and forum events which have pushed her as a writer which means she has a brilliant authors page which is full of different and interesting stories.  

seconded!

• Like 1

Archive Name: pookha

Link to Author's Page: here

Reason for Nomination: I always really enjoy it whenever I check out anything Pookha writes and he can write about anything. From a Dread Hogwarts Cthulhu story to Crookshank's final day to McGonagall hosting a Cat Fight Club in the Room of Requirement (yes, you read that right). His writing is inspiring, clever, and always interesting. There's no genre or character he can't flesh out in a way that makes me rethink their entire story. 

Archive Name: @nott theodore

Reason for Nomination: there are so many stories on Sian's page, spreading through all genres, themes, eras, writing styles... anything she writes is a small piece of art, from the sweetest of fluff to the most heartbreaking of angst. There isn't a single thing I've read by her that I haven't found absolutely stunning.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, PaulaTheProkaryote said:

Reason for Nomination: I always really enjoy it whenever I check out anything Pookha writes and he can write about anything. From a Dread Hogwarts Cthulhu story to Crookshank's final day to McGonagall hosting a Cat Fight Club in the Room of Requirement (yes, you read that right). His writing is inspiring, clever, and always interesting. There's no genre or character he can't flesh out in a way that makes me rethink their entire story. 

Seconding!

23 hours ago, PaulaTheProkaryote said:

Thirding! 

On 1/4/2018 at 9:47 PM, Felpata_Lupin said:

Reason for Nomination: there are so many stories on Sian's page, spreading through all genres, themes, eras, writing styles... anything she writes is a small piece of art, from the sweetest of fluff to the most heartbreaking of angst. There isn't a single thing I've read by her that I haven't found absolutely stunning.

Second!

• Thanks 1

On 4-1-2018 at 8:47 PM, Felpata_Lupin said:

third

• Thanks 1

Archive Name: Beeezie

Link to Author Page: Check It!

Reason for Nomination: Though it may be easily obscured for the moment by her deluge of Astoria/Draco, Branwen writes so many things and writes them so well. From different generations to different POVs to OCs to a wide range of diverse characters, she's really written it all within the fandom and that's not even getting started on her non-HP works, which IDK if I'm allowed to include :$

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, TidalDragon said:

Reason for Nomination: Though it may be easily obscured for the moment by her deluge of Astoria/Draco, Branwen writes so many things and writes them so well. From different generations to different POVs to OCs to a wide range of diverse characters, she's really written it all within the fandom and that's not even getting started on her non-HP works, which IDK if I'm allowed to include :$

Seconding. She just posted avatar fanfic today. I just can't with her breadth. 

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, TidalDragon said:

Thirding this so hard omg

• Thanks 1

On 03/01/2018 at 11:15 AM, Crimson Quill said:

Thirding!

Archive Name: @BlackPixie

Link to Author's Page: +All - Mature

Reason for Nomination: Hayden's AP is two pages long, and it is chocked-full of so much variety! Hayden writes all different types of stories, from poetry to short-stories, to drabbles; and they're always experimenting with writing different eras and genres, as well as trying out new characters with every new piece that they write. Hayden doesn't only write for the Harry Potter fandom either! There are also a few Original Fiction pieces, and some Hamilton fan-fiction on their AP as well!!  :thumbsup: Hayden's writing style is so unique and so different, and I really feel as though it deserves to be recognized!! :wub:  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, RoxiMalfoy said:

Reason for Nomination: Hayden's AP is two pages long, and it is chocked-full of so much variety! Hayden writes all different types of stories, from poetry to short-stories, to drabbles; and they're always experimenting with writing different eras and genres, as well as trying out new characters with every new piece that they write. Hayden doesn't only write for the Harry Potter fandom either! There are also a few Original Fiction pieces, and some Hamilton fan-fiction on their AP as well!!  :thumbsup: Hayden's writing style is so unique and so different, and I really feel as though it deserves to be recognized!! :wub:  

100% seconded! <3 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, RoxiMalfoy said:

This is getting a third from me.

• Like 2

Archive Name: @PaulaTheProkaryote

Link to Author's Page: +here

Reason for Nomination: Paula writes major characters and minor characters, she plays with a wide variety of genres, she includes a lot of incredibly creative headcanons in her stories, and she's even branched out from Harry Potter. I've never read something of hers that I didn't really, really enjoy. :wub:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, abhorsen. said:

Reason for Nomination: Paula writes major characters and minor characters, she plays with a wide variety of genres, she includes a lot of incredibly creative headcanons in her stories, and she's even branched out from Harry Potter. I've never read something of hers that I didn't really, really enjoy. :wub:

Second!

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, abhorsen. said:

Thirded!

• Thanks 1