HPFanficTalk
  • Announcements

• abhorsen.

January Bulletin   12/31/2017

January's bulletin is up! It includes information about recent staff/prefect bumps, the upcoming FROGS, some special awards, and more! You can check it out +here.

Best Humor (Fan)Fiction Nominations

We all need a good laugh, and there are several stories around to bring us just that! Did something funny happen in a story? Is it a parody which makes you laugh every single moment you read it? Is there just an excellent sense of humor all around? Tell us here by nominating a story!

Please fill in the following form when nominating a story:

Archive name:

Story Title:

Link to story:

Reason for nominating:

You may also second or third a nomination that's already been given. Any story with three nominations (ie. being seconded and thirded) will automatically continue to the voting round.

Already through to final voting:

Hormones (M) by dirtydeedsdonedirtcheap/@Deeds

Immortal Misconceptions (M) by @AbraxanUnicorn

When Dahlias Bloom (M) by @dirigibleplums

In Which Ron and Harry Discuss Everything But Quidditch by @Veritaserum27

Archive name: dirtydeedsdonedirtcheap

Story Title: Hormones

Link to story: click+ (M)

Reason for nominating: This is genuinely one of the most hilarious fics I've read in my life. I think I laughed so hard in some parts that I cried. The scenarios presented in this fic are absolutely ridiculous yet somehow believable at the same time, which only makes it funnier. In the future, I can definitely see myself returning to this fic for a way to lighten up my mood if I'm feeling down. It's honestly that funny. Please read it if you haven't, it's so, so good. Your day will be made ten times brighter.

1 hour ago, just.a.willow.tree said:

Reason for nominating: This is genuinely one of the most hilarious fics I've read in my life. I think I laughed so hard in some parts that I cried. The scenarios presented in this fic are absolutely ridiculous yet somehow believable at the same time, which only makes it funnier. In the future, I can definitely see myself returning to this fic for a way to lighten up my mood if I'm feeling down. It's honestly that funny. Please read it if you haven't, it's so, so good. Your day will be made ten times brighter.

Oh, most definitely seconded. 

Archive Name: AbraxanUnicorn /@AbraxanUnicorn

Story Title: Immortal Misconceptions

Link to Story: Click (M)

Reason for nomination: This piece is hilarious. There are so many lines that are laugh out loud funny (embarrass yourself on a bus full of people laugh out loud funny). The idea for the one-shot is totally off the wall but it works so well. Meera uses pop culture references to add the humour. It's just the best thing that I've seen in its genre. Humour is so difficult to get right but Meera hits the nail on the head with this! A must read! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Crimson Quill said:

Reason for nomination: This piece is hilarious. There are so many lines that are laugh out loud funny (embarrass yourself on a bus full of people laugh out loud funny). The idea for the one-shot is totally off the wall but it works so well. Meera uses pop culture references to add the humour. It's just the best thing that I've seen in its genre. Humour is so difficult to get right but Meera hits the nail on the head with this! A must read!

Second!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Rumpelstiltskin said:

Oh, most definitely seconded. 

(by just.a.willow.tree )

Thirded ( Alyssa is genius, Humor Queen! I also like her Voldemort story.)

Edited by StarFeather

6 hours ago, Crimson Quill said:

Thirded! 

• Thanks 1

Archive Name: @AbraxanUnicorn

Story Title: Why Everyone Should Hate Coffee Creams

Link to Story: here (M)

Reason to Nomination: Meera writes the best humour (not a coincidence that one of her stories is already a finalist in the category :P). This story was written for the Telling the Parents Challenge and it was such an unique, original take of it. Featuring Tom Riddle Sr. "falling in love" with Merope Gaunt, it's an absolutely wonderful dark comedy in which every detail is just so ridicolous in a sort of tragicomical way. The style of the narration and the choose of phrasing are so great too and fit the tone of the piece wonderfully. I'm utterly in love with this one-shot and I think everyone should read it. :D

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Archive name: 1917farmgirl

Story Title: Passports Required

Link to story: T

Reason for nominating: 

This story is absolutely HILARIOUS and really lives up to the name of the mischievous Fred Weasley. It's a rather interesting take on the afterlife in the wizarding world and means of travel between realms. But most importantly, it portrays Fred absolutely brilliantly and in a most entertaining light. It's full of quirks and little details that make it funny every step of the way and until the very end where we get to understand what Fred was trying to orchestrate all along. It really was such a delight to read and I can't explain how much I liked it in any other way; so I thought maybe a nomination might cut it. 

Edited by manno-malfoy

Posted (edited)

Archive name: dirigibleplums

Story Title: When Dahlias Bloom

Link to story: here (M)

Reason for nominating: Okay, so a ton of us read Dormitory 2.6a and we all loved it and Nova Hale was a magnificent character and Al was a cutie, right? Right, but the story was really made by the running commentary and expertly crafted snarkiness of Dahlia Darzi. Now imagine an entire fic of her. Yes, your dreams came true in the form of When Dahlias Bloom. She's hilarious, clever, and a fierce friend with so many dimensions and facet. If you've ever worked in the service industry you'll die laughing at her trying to deal with and not kill annoying customers. The banter will make you laugh out loud every other line. Plums never disappoints. 

Edited by PaulaTheProkaryote
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, PaulaTheProkaryote said:

Reason for nominating: Okay, so a ton of us read Dormitory 2.6a and we all loved it and Nova Hale was a magnificent character and Al was a cutie, right? Right, but the story was really made by the running commentary and expertly crafted snarkiness of Dahlia Darzi. Now imagine an entire fic of her. Yes, your dreams came true in the form of When Dahlias Bloom. She's hilarious, clever, and a fierce friend with so many dimensions and facet. If you've ever worked in the service industry you'll die laughing at her trying to deal with and not kill annoying customers. The banter will make you laugh out loud every other line. Plums never disappoints. 

does it really surprise anyone that I'm seconding this?

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, PaulaTheProkaryote said:

19 hours ago, Ineke said:

does it really surprise anyone that I'm seconding this?

And here's the third! <3

• Like 2

Archive name: Veritaserum27

Story Title: In Which Harry and Ron Discuss Everything BUT Quidditch

Link to story: +here

Reason for nominating: I really enjoyed and appreciated this story because it was really funny without being absurd (although absurdity can also be good, of course!) and because I found both Ron and Harry to be so in-character (which I always find extra impressive when it's characters as major as those two) ^_^

2 hours ago, poppunkpadfoot said:

Reason for nominating: I really enjoyed and appreciated this story because it was really funny without being absurd (although absurdity can also be good, of course!) and because I found both Ron and Harry to be so in-character (which I always find extra impressive when it's characters as major as those two) ^_^

Seconding!

• Like 1

Archive name: poppunkpadfoot

Story Title: Perliune

Link to story: here (T)

Reason for nominating: I have a real soft spot for this story because I was there with Kayla when she had the first idea for it, but it doesn't fail to make me laugh out loud each time.  It's just such a wonderful parody of her own writing, and the whole situation is hilarious.  I'm giggling again just thinking of the best lines from it - I won't spoil them but if you haven't read it yet, you should!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, poppunkpadfoot said:

Thirding!

3 hours ago, TreacleTart said:
6 hours ago, poppunkpadfoot said:

Seconding!

Yay! Thirding!! :D