HPFanficTalk
  • Announcements

• abhorsen.

January Bulletin   12/31/2017

January's bulletin is up! It includes information about recent staff/prefect bumps, the upcoming FROGS, some special awards, and more! You can check it out +here.

Best Romance (Fan)fiction Nominations

A good romance is always nice to read. Maybe it's the entire story of how two people fall in love, or maybe it's just a moment in the life of characters where they're already in an established relationship... Literally everything is possible when it comes to romance, and we'd love to hear which stories you enjoyed best!

Please fill in the form for nominating stories below:

Archive name:

Story Title:

Link to story:

Reason for nominating:

You may also second or third a nomination that's already been given. Any story with three nominations (ie. being seconded and thirded) will automatically continue to the voting round.

Already moving on to final voting:

A Candle (M) by @abhorsen.

Nights Like This (M) by @banshee

When I Go Out with You (M) by @Dojh167

Skewed Toward Truth (M) by @MuggleMaybe

Thrill (M) by @nott theodore

When Spring Doesn't Return (M) by @Rumpelstiltskin

Please note that previous winners of the Best Romance (Fan)fiction F.R.O.G.S.' award can not be nominated again. That includes:

Chai, Carrots, And a Friend In The Wee Hours of the Morning by 800 words of heaven.

Archive name: banshee

Story Title: Nights Like These

Link to story: +link [M]

Reason for nominating: This Dean/Seamus fic shows a very believable way that the two might get together. As usual, Julie writes brilliantly. It's heartbreaking to watch Seamus struggle, but then so, so lovely to experience the realizations of love alongside both of them. There's just enough passion in this, and the romance is SO CUTE. I swear, it is literally impossible not to root for Dean and Seamus once you start reading this fic. :wub:

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Archive name: Rumpelstiltskin

Story Title:  When Spring Doesn't Return

Link to story: Grace x Karkaroff (T)

Reason for nominating: We notice Rumpel separated each person’s POV beautifully on the right and the left. Some of the words are sexually stimulating. The others are horrifying. She tried expressing the ship,  romance between Karkaroff and the original female character, Grace, using all seasons. I say their romance "peculiar" because Karkaroff is apparently a Death Eater, Rumpel created the original and unique world in these poems. I like all stanzas inlayed with brilliant descriptions of seasonal phenomena and their emotion. Especially winter parts are very impressive.

Edited by StarFeather
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, StarFeather said:

Archive name: Rumpelstiltskin

Reason for nominating: We notice Rumpel separated each person’s POV beautifully on the right and the left. Some of the words are sexually stimulating. The others are horrifying. She tried expressing the ship,  romance between Karkaroff and the original female character, Grace, using all seasons. I say their romance "peculiar" because Karkaroff is apparently a Death Eater, Rumpel created the original and unique world in these poems. I like all stanzas inlayed with brilliant descriptions of seasonal phenomena and their emotion. Especially winter parts are very impressive.

Seconded!

• Thanks 1

Archive name: Beeezie

Story Title: A Candle

Link to story: +here [Mature]

Reason for nominating: Draco and Astoria are so amazingly perfect together in this--I can't even. Branwen painted the two characters' chemistry in such a lovely way (I'm especially impressed on how she handled Draco Malfoy in how he shows his love through his caution and how Astoria is simply so wrapped up in him). Their love is sweet and precious and I shipped them so hard as I was reading this. Aside from the amazing romance, the story itself is well-written in combination and extremely interesting. It was easy to read and easier to get lost in. I also thought that Branwen handled the love scene in this story in a very passionate, careful way that made it lovely to read. Overall, I think it's a wonderful story and if you haven't read it yet, do so now. 

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, MuggleMaybe said:

Reason for nominating: This Dean/Seamus fic shows a very believable way that the two might get together. As usual, Julie writes brilliantly. It's heartbreaking to watch Seamus struggle, but then so, so lovely to experience the realizations of love alongside both of them. There's just enough passion in this, and the romance is SO CUTE. I swear, it is literally impossible not to root for Dean and Seamus once you start reading this fic. :wub:

Seconded :)

• Like 1

On 1/4/2018 at 12:53 AM, Rumpelstiltskin said:

Reason for nominating: Draco and Astoria are so amazingly perfect together in this--I can't even. Branwen painted the two characters' chemistry in such a lovely way (I'm especially impressed on how she handled Draco Malfoy in how he shows his love through his caution and how Astoria is simply so wrapped up in him). Their love is sweet and precious and I shipped them so hard as I was reading this. Aside from the amazing romance, the story itself is well-written in combination and extremely interesting. It was easy to read and easier to get lost in. I also thought that Branwen handled the love scene in this story in a very passionate, careful way that made it lovely to read. Overall, I think it's a wonderful story and if you haven't read it yet, do so now. 

Seconding this so hard!

• Thanks 1

On 1/3/2018 at 5:53 PM, Rumpelstiltskin said:

Thirding!

• Thanks 1

On 1/3/2018 at 7:16 PM, forever_dreaming said:

Thirding! 

• Like 1

Archive name: @MuggleMaybe

Story Title: Skewed Toward Truth

Link to story: M

Reason for nominating: I love this piece so, so much. Renee's Alicia is so, so easy to relate to - her description of what kissing people she wasn't super into is like is literally perfect, and it builds toward a conclusion that I found so, so satisfying. <3

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, abhorsen. said:

Reason for nominating: I love this piece so, so much. Renee's Alicia is so, so easy to relate to - her description of what kissing people she wasn't super into is like is literally perfect, and it builds toward a conclusion that I found so, so satisfying. <3

SECOND

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, abhorsen. said:

Thirding!

• Thanks 1

Archive name: nott theodore

Story Title: Thrill

Link to story: +here

Reason for nominating: I am so smitten with this story because Sian managed to capture so much love in every interaction between Sirius and Remus, down to the smallest little moments. They're both characterized so perfectly which just added to how genuine the whole story felt. Of course, Sian had to go and add some crushing angst in (which, like, relatable ;)) but I found that it heightened the non-angsty bits and made them all the more powerful.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, poppunkpadfoot said:

Reason for nominating: I am so smitten with this story because Sian managed to capture so much love in every interaction between Sirius and Remus, down to the smallest little moments. They're both characterized so perfectly which just added to how genuine the whole story felt. Of course, Sian had to go and add some crushing angst in (which, like, relatable ;)) but I found that it heightened the non-angsty bits and made them all the more powerful.

Seconding!

Archive name: Dojh167

Story Title: When I Go Out With You

Link to story: here (M)

Reason for nominating: This story is just amazing :wub: I defy anyone not to fall in love with Sam's Hannah Abbott, and the romance and relationships in this story are incredible.  Sam does a wonderful job of crafting the romance between Hannah and her partners, exploring the different relationships, characters, and polyamory.  Every time I even think about this story I can't stop smiling, and it's guaranteed to fill you with warm, fuzzy feels.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, nott theodore said:

Reason for nominating: This story is just amazing :wub: I defy anyone not to fall in love with Sam's Hannah Abbott, and the romance and relationships in this story are incredible.  Sam does a wonderful job of crafting the romance between Hannah and her partners, exploring the different relationships, characters, and polyamory.  Every time I even think about this story I can't stop smiling, and it's guaranteed to fill you with warm, fuzzy feels.

Seconded

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, nott theodore said:

Thirded!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, poppunkpadfoot said:

Thirding!

On 1/3/2018 at 12:09 PM, scooterbug8515 said:
On 1/3/2018 at 8:29 AM, StarFeather said:

Archive name: @Rumpelstiltskin

Seconded!

Thirding!! :hearteyes: