Jump to content
HPFanficTalk
  • Announcements

    • abhorsen.

      January Bulletin   12/31/2017

      January's bulletin is up! It includes information about recent staff/prefect bumps, the upcoming FROGS, some special awards, and more! You can check it out +here.

Recommended Posts

Best HP Rare Pair Nominations

There are also stories which contain pairings you don't normally see, such as Sirius/Petunia or Molly/Andromeda. Have you come across a story with a rare pair that you just loved and want other people to read? Do you have a love for rare pairs and can't you just get enough of them? Then feel free to nominate a story here!

To qualify as a rare pair, the pair must not be featured on the following list:

Spoiler

Albus Dumbledore/Gellert Grindelwald (HP)
Albus Severus Potter/Scorpius Malfoy (HP)
Alice Longbottom/Frank Longbottom (HP)
Andromeda Black/Ted Tonks (HP)
Angelina Johnson/George Weasley (HP)
Arthur Weasley/Molly Prewett (HP)
Astoria Greengrass/Draco Malfoy (HP)
Audrey/Percy Weasley (HP)
Bill Weasley/Fleur Delacour (HP)
Cedric Diggory/Cho Chang (HP)
Charlie Weasley/Nymphadora Tonks (HP)
Dean Thomas/Seamus Finnigan (HP)
Draco Malfoy/Ginny Weasley (HP)
Draco Malfoy/Hermione Granger (HP)
Draco Malfoy/Pansy Parkinson (HP)
Elphinstone Urquart/Minerva McGonagall (HP)
Ginny Weasley/Harry Potter (HP)
Ginny Weasley/Luna Lovegood (HP)
Hannah Abbott/Neville Longbottom (HP)
Harry Potter/Luna Lovegood (HP)
Hermione Granger/Ron Weasley (HP)
Hermione Granger/Severus Snape (HP)
James Potter I/Lily Evans (HP)
Lily Evans/Severus Snape (HP)
Lucius Malfoy/Narcissa Black (HP)
Luna Lovegood/Neville Longbottom (HP)
Luna Lovegood/Rolf Scamander (HP)
Marlene McKinnon/Sirius Black (HP)
Nymphadora Tonks/Remus Lupin (HP)
Oliver Wood/Percy Weasley (HP)
Remus Lupin/Sirius Black (HP)
Rose Weasley/Scorpius Malfoy (HP)
Teddy Lupin/Victoire Weasley (HP)

 

Please fill in the following form when you do so:

Archive Name:

Pairing:

Story title:

Link to story:

Reason for nomination:

 

You may also second or third a nomination that's already been given. Any story with three nominations (ie. being seconded and thirded) will automatically continue to the voting round.

 

Already through to final voting:

Cormac McLaggen/Eloise Midgeon in Logarithmic (M) by @val

Dorcas Meadowes/Marlene McKinnon in war and mint by @sihaya

Lavender Brown/Parvati Patil in Parisian Scars (M) by @Crimson Quill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(Locking this for a bit - there was a slight miscommunication re: the definition of rare pair among the staff, and we want to make sure we're in agreement before allowing nominations. We're so sorry for the inconvenience!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unlocking this with a (hopefully) simplified way to identify rare pairs. ^_^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Archive Name: Crimson Quill

Pairing: Lavender Brown / Parvati Patil

Story title: Parisian Scars

Link to story: Parisian Scars (M)

Reason for nomination : Abbie expressed both Lavender's emotional scar and the look from the outside, which is deeply related to her feeling towards Parvati. I'm glad she set a happy ending after lots of her pains, which is very her style. With visual Indian food, a floral descriptions of Parvati sounds very comforting for readers, too.

Edited by StarFeather
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, StarFeather said:

Archive Name: Crimson Quill

Pairing: Lavender Brown / Parvati Patil

Story title: Parisian Scars

Link to story: Parisian Scars (M)

Reason for nomination : Abbie expressed both Lavender's emotional scar and the look from the outside, which is deeply related to her feeling towards Parvati. I'm glad she set a happy ending after lots of her pains, which is very her style. With visual Indian food, a floral descriptions of Parvati sounds very comforting for readers, too.

Seconded!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Archive Name: val

Pairing: Cormac McLaggen/Eloise Midgeon

Story title: Logarithmic

Link to story: M

Reason for nomination: This is my favorite story in the history of fanfiction. Cormac is completely in character, but Val gives him a depth that I've never ever seen before. Eloise is an absolutely brilliantly written character and I'm just cheering her on no matter what she decides to do or who she ends up with. Their chemistry is at least three fire emojis and the dialogue is everything I've ever wanted out of life. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, PaulaTheProkaryote said:

Archive Name: val

Pairing: Cormac McLaggen/Eloise Midgeon

Story title: Logarithmic

Link to story: M

Reason for nomination: This is my favorite story in the history of fanfiction. Cormac is completely in character, but Val gives him a depth that I've never ever seen before. Eloise is an absolutely brilliantly written character and I'm just cheering her on no matter what she decides to do or who she ends up with. Their chemistry is at least three fire emojis and the dialogue is everything I've ever wanted out of life. 

Seconded

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, PaulaTheProkaryote said:

Archive Name: val

Pairing: Cormac McLaggen/Eloise Midgeon

Story title: Logarithmic

Link to story: M

Reason for nomination: This is my favorite story in the history of fanfiction. Cormac is completely in character, but Val gives him a depth that I've never ever seen before. Eloise is an absolutely brilliantly written character and I'm just cheering her on no matter what she decides to do or who she ends up with. Their chemistry is at least three fire emojis and the dialogue is everything I've ever wanted out of life. 

Third

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, StarFeather said:

Archive Name: Crimson Quill

Pairing: Lavender Brown / Parvati Patil

Story title: Parisian Scars

Link to story: Parisian Scars (M)

Reason for nomination : Abbie expressed both Lavender's emotional scar and the look from the outside, which is deeply related to her feeling towards Parvati. I'm glad she set a happy ending after lots of her pains, which is very her style. With visual Indian food, a floral descriptions of Parvati sounds very comforting for readers, too.

Thirded! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Archive Name: @MalfoysAngel

Pairing: Vincent Crabbe/Hermione Granger 

Story title: "Our Love Story"

Link to story: +Mature

Reason for nomination: To be honest, if I had been given a pairing like this for a challenge, I probably would have given up and asked for a new one, lol! But Tasha just took it and ran with it, and she wrote this really beautiful story that actually is quite believable. Her characterization of Hermione is done very well throughout this piece, and I especially enjoyed reading her take on Vincent after the War. This is honestly a pairing that I NEVER would have even imagined putting together, but Tasha has written it in such a way that just... works!! Their meeting at the beginning is so cute, and everything that happens in between has you actually rooting for the couple by the end of it. This is just such a cute little love-story between these two totally unexpected characters, and it's one of my favorite rare pairings now. :thumbsup:

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RoxiMalfoy said:

Archive Name: @MalfoysAngel

Pairing: Vincent Crabbe/Hermione Granger 

Story title: "Our Love Story"

Link to story: +Mature

Reason for nomination: To be honest, if I had been given a pairing like this for a challenge, I probably would have given up and asked for a new one, lol! But Tasha just took it and ran with it, and she wrote this really beautiful story that actually is quite believable. Her characterization of Hermione is done very well throughout this piece, and I especially enjoyed reading her take on Vincent after the War. This is honestly a pairing that I NEVER would have even imagined putting together, but Tasha has written it in such a way that just... works!! Their meeting at the beginning is so cute, and everything that happens in between has you actually rooting for the couple by the end of it. This is just such a cute little love-story between these two totally unexpected characters, and it's one of my favorite rare pairings now. :thumbsup:

Absolutely seconding! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Archive Name: @sihaya

Pairing: Dorcas Meadowes/Marlene McKinnon

Story title: war and mint

Link to story: a

Reason for nomination: This was an entry into the recent prefects' challenge, and holy shit did I love it. Sian does an absolutely incredible job at capturing the relationship between Dorcas and Marlene under the shadow of the war, and I cannot recommend it strongly enough.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, abhorsen. said:

Archive Name: @sihaya

Pairing: Dorcas Meadowes/Marlene McKinnon

Story title: war and mint

Link to story: a

Reason for nomination: This was an entry into the recent prefects' challenge, and holy shit did I love it. Sian does an absolutely incredible job at capturing the relationship between Dorcas and Marlene under the shadow of the war, and I cannot recommend it strongly enough.

Seconded!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, abhorsen. said:

Archive Name: @sihaya

Pairing: Dorcas Meadowes/Marlene McKinnon

Story title: war and mint

Link to story: a

Reason for nomination: This was an entry into the recent prefects' challenge, and holy shit did I love it. Sian does an absolutely incredible job at capturing the relationship between Dorcas and Marlene under the shadow of the war, and I cannot recommend it strongly enough.

Thirding!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Archive Name: Aphoride

Pairing: James I/Regulus Black

Story title: Julian

Link to story: here (M)

Reason for nomination: Laura's writing is never anything short of stunning, but this story has to be one of my favourites - which isn't what I expected when I first read it, because the pairings aren't really (usually) any of my favourites.  But this is a beautiful piece of writing, and a really interesting glimpse into both Remus and Sirius's relationship and James and Regulus's.  We got such a great insight into James and Regulus's relationship and even though I love James/Lily, I can't help wanting to read more of the former pair after this :wub:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, nott theodore said:

Archive Name: Aphoride

Pairing: James I/Regulus Black

Story title: Julian

Link to story: here (M)

Reason for nomination: Laura's writing is never anything short of stunning, but this story has to be one of my favourites - which isn't what I expected when I first read it, because the pairings aren't really (usually) any of my favourites.  But this is a beautiful piece of writing, and a really interesting glimpse into both Remus and Sirius's relationship and James and Regulus's.  We got such a great insight into James and Regulus's relationship and even though I love James/Lily, I can't help wanting to read more of the former pair after this :wub:

Seconded! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
UA-79258518-1