Welcome to HPFT

We are a multi-fandom/original fiction community with roots in the Harry Potter fandom community. We strive to maintain a strong focus on author feedback and inclusive writing. Here on the forums, you can join a house and participate in House Cup events, participate in writing challenges, play games, and much more!

Join the Forums

Check out the Archives

HPFT has a moderated multi-fandom/original fiction archive with an unlimited queue. There you can post your writing, as well as read and review other members' writing. Be sure to stop by and check out our latest featured stories!

Join the Archives

Find us on Social Media

HPFT is active on social media. You can find us and many members busily tweeting on Twitter, join us for livestreams on YouTube, check out aesthetics on Instagram, get sneak peeks on Snapchat, and interact on Tumblr! All our social media links can be found below.

News Ticker
  • THE HOUSE CUP FINALE HAS BEGUN!
  • Keep an eye on the Prefects' Blog for House Writing Award results.
Renacerá

"Puffs, or: Seven Increasingly Eventful Years at a Certain School of Magic and Magic"

Renacerá

Image result for http://www.puffstheplay.com/#home

Okay, but has anyone seen "Puffs"? Because it is AMAZING.

If you haven't, it's an off-Broadway play in NYC, and it's the Harry Potter series told through the point of view of the Hufflepuffs at school with Harry. Here's more info on their website (A).

I saw it last summer, and it's honestly one of the funniest things I've ever seen. I think I laughed through the entire play. xD

Please tell me someone has seen it so that you can talk to me about how wonderful it is! And if you haven't seen it but want to, they're running a Kickstarter for the next few days to raise money to film it and distribute it on YouTube!

• Like 1

Phoenix Potioneer

I have also seen Puffs! It was WONDERFUL and it was just an hour and a half of straight laughing. It was so GOOD and I want to see it again.

I saw it last year in NYC when I visited- practically had to drag someone to come with me- and it was one of the best times I've had. If you want someone to talk about this thing OF PURE JOY AND LOVE AND AMAZINGNESS I would love to geek about it.

Spoilers below if you haven't seen it:

Spoiler

I loved the audience interaction- when the narrator passed out chocolate after the dementor attack, he passed out some chocolate to me because I was sitting in the front row! I didn't get the tissues when he passed them around after Cedric's death, though.

I like how the way Puffs defend themselves against attackers is just by bunching up and shouting WE ARE NOT A THREAT PLEASE BE OUR FRIEND.

I love how idolized Cedric is and he is just amazing.

In their first year it was adorable how they all were thrilled that they got THIRD and then Gryffindor rose to first place and they realized they were fourth and it was so sad!

Wade with his book of all the magical creatures with all the muggle 90s references were great.

SUPER SUPER BIG SPOILER BELOW.

Spoiler

Wade's death broke my fragile puff heart.

In conclusion, I love Puffs and hope I can rewatch it someday.

• Like 1

Renacerá

OH MY GOSH ALL OF THIS.

Did you see that they raised the money they needed to record and distribute it??? I am SO EXCITED. It was honestly one of the funniest things I've ever seen. I laughed the entire time. I can't wait to see it again and remember all the jokes. I have the "Third or Nothing" shirt, and I basically explain the whole plot to people when they ask me what it means. xD

Spoiler

WE ARE NOT A THREAT. PLEASE BE OUR FRIEND. -- This is basically my mantra since seeing 'Puffs. xD xD xD

Phoenix Potioneer

Oh my god that is my mantra too! I also have the "Third or Nothing" shirt! Of course, when I wear it, nobody but me understands what it means, and I have to explain it to them, but I still love it.

I did recently see that they raised enough money to record the play and I am so excited for the rest of the world who can't make it to NYC to finally appreciate its brilliance. I think the only reason why it isn't as popular as AVPM is because it's not online. Once it is... popularity will skyrocket.

But yeah, I want to see it again because in the past year I've forgotten lots of the jokes!

Spoiler

Also, I think it is brilliant that Hermione and Ron were played by a wig and a mop. That killed me when I first saw it. I died, right there, in my chair.

abhorsen.

So I'm finally getting my ass back home to NY, and now I really want to see this. Who can I drag.... :P

Because seriously, you guys have me so psyched for its existence? Even though I'm so not a Puff?

• Like 1

Renacerá
1 hour ago, abhorsen. said:

So I'm finally getting my ass back home to NY, and now I really want to see this. Who can I drag.... :P

Because seriously, you guys have me so psyched for its existence? Even though I'm so not a Puff?

I'll come down to NYC and see it with you! :D

It is amazing. All Harry Potter fans will love it, not just 'Puffs!

• Like 1

Phoenix Potioneer
13 hours ago, abhorsen. said:

Totally agree with @Renacerá: you don't have to be a puff to enjoy it! I happen to be a puff, but the play is seriously for all Harry Potter fans. It's simply a GREAT Harry Potter parody.

Glad we got you pumped for it! It will not disappoint!

• Like 1

Veritaserum27

*raises hand like Hermione*

Yes, yes!  Count me in!!

• Like 3

Ineke
On 3-3-2018 at 3:44 AM, abhorsen. said:

Me and my friend wanted to go and see it, yknow, if you drag us around NYC anyway, might as well make a go of it

• Like 2

just.a.willow.tree

My Hufflepuff friend saw this show and said it was the best thing ever, and now I'm dying to go see it. Maybe I'll find a bootleg online or something, because I don't see myself going to NYC to watch the live performance anytime soon. xD

• Haha 1

Renacerá
3 hours ago, just.a.willow.tree said:

My Hufflepuff friend saw this show and said it was the best thing ever, and now I'm dying to go see it. Maybe I'll find a bootleg online or something, because I don't see myself going to NYC to watch the live performance anytime soon. xD

They've officially recorded the show and will be distributing it on YouTube (or somewhere else; I don't remember!) sometime this year! :D

• Like 2

ReillyJade

Guys, this is going to be playing in movie theatres across the US tomorrow (5/9) and Saturday (5/12) as a Fathom Event!! :greenstars:

Renacerá

AND I AM SO EXCITED!

I get my download of it on Sunday for being a Kickstarter backer! Ahhh!

just.a.willow.tree

#StillBitterlyOutOfTheLoop :P 

My desperation is rocketing to sky-high levels. I think I'm going to seek out a bootleg now

Phoenix Potioneer

I was so excited to hear that it's playing in theaters but I'm busy both days! :( And I didn't see the stuff about the kickstarter campaign until long after, which means I didn't donate and can't get a download... argh!

I mean, I have seen the play, I was just hoping to rewatch it.

Rainbow-tui

So I searched on youtube and can only find teasers,...mmmblllrgrmblrrr...

scooterbug8515
Posted (edited)

WOAH!  I was considering going to see it tomorrow for the Fathom Event but the cost is nearly $20 at my local theater.  I'm curious and I'm sure it is good but not for that price!

Edited by scooterbug8515

danicasyer
Posted (edited)

Honestly I wish I had the money and time to go to NYC to see this since that would probably be a fun and good experience.  I'm also saddened that I won't be able to get to see it in theaters because I already made plans for tomorrow and whatnot so there's that as well. :( 

I'm really hoping that it will be on Youtube if they end up posting on there and whatnot since it would be nice if those of us who don't have the chance to go to the theater be it the one in NYC or theaters that are showing it in can also get to see what this play is about. 

Edited by danicasyer