Welcome to HPFT

We are a multi-fandom/original fiction community with roots in the Harry Potter fandom community. We strive to maintain a strong focus on author feedback and inclusive writing. Here on the forums, you can join a house and participate in House Cup events, participate in writing challenges, play games, and much more!

Join the Forums

Check out the Archives

HPFT has a moderated multi-fandom/original fiction archive with an unlimited queue. There you can post your writing, as well as read and review other members' writing. Be sure to stop by and check out our latest featured stories!

Join the Archives

Find us on Social Media

HPFT is active on social media. You can find us and many members busily tweeting on Twitter, join us for livestreams on YouTube, check out aesthetics on Instagram, get sneak peeks on Snapchat, and interact on Tumblr! All our social media links can be found below.

News Ticker
  • THE HOUSE CUP FINALE HAS BEGUN!
  • Keep an eye on the Prefects' Blog for House Writing Award results.
StarFeather

Auror's Tale Story Challenge Season 4, Deadline July 31, 2018

StarFeather

5a69d0bc758f3_Aurors-Tale-4-for-hpft-header.png.a2f44d50411916cfca1f01527cd17748.png

Auror’s Tale Story Challenge Season 4 “Unleash Your Mystery!”

Accepted Ratings: AA – M 

Please be compliant with the archive rules.

Accepted Fandom: Harry Potter, however, you can use a specific character from the other fandom, in that case, please let me know which character from which fandom.

( Some of you may know twitter research, we can’t use Star Wars).

If you use a character from Harry Potter, please claim who you’ll write as well.

For example, “I’ll write Auror Cormoran Strike from Robert Galbraith’s books.” , "I'll write Sherlock Holms as Auror.", "I'll write super wolf woman, Auror Lavender Brown." "I'll write authentic Auror Harry Potter."

How It Works: You claim the main character and then ask me a number for the situation around your story. I’ll show you one situation with graphics. You can use the situation somewhere in your story. You can ask me twice per one story. You can write any genres.

Numbers: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  

Challenge Rules:

1. Write one-shot or multi-chaptered story in which the main character is Auror.

If you’ve already written multi-chaptered one, two new chapters must be written for this challenge (you can continue the prewritten stories as well). Submission should be on the HPFT archives (please mention the name of this challenge there). If you wait in the queue, please let me know via PM here.

2. The deadline should be by July 31, 2018.   

3. Please make it clear whether you are a taker or maybe.    

Rewards: I’ll review each entries. 

1st place : Three additional reviews for your other works, and award graphics.

2nd place : Two additional reviews for your other works, and award graphics.

3rd place : One additional review for your other work with award graphics.

poppunkpadfoot

I’m in... :couch: Hopefully having a deadline will motivate me to actually work on The Department.

(Can I ask you for a situation even with a pre-written story?)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

StarFeather
3 hours ago, poppunkpadfoot said:

I’m in... :couch: Hopefully having a deadline will motivate me to actually work on The Department.

(Can I ask you for a situation even with a pre-written story?)

Of course, you can, Kayla!

Which number?

And folks, you can try Urban Fantasy for this challenge as well. Tell me your favorite character from any fandom.

Edited by StarFeather

poppunkpadfoot

Cool! Can I see situation #17? I’ll see if I can find a way to incorporate whatever it is ^_^

• Like 1

StarFeather
16 hours ago, poppunkpadfoot said:

Cool! Can I see situation #17? I’ll see if I can find a way to incorporate whatever it is ^_^

Sure, #17 is (a wand on the rock)

ATSC-4--a-wand.png.72d5b5f770afc044c674292c5713ea77.png 

Pixileanin

Hi!  I have an Auror idea that I might combine with another challenge.  Do we have to pick a situation number, or is that optional?

• Like 1

StarFeather
9 minutes ago, Pixileanin said:

Hi!  I have an Auror idea that I might combine with another challenge.  Do we have to pick a situation number, or is that optional?

Sure, you can combine with another challenge, and please pick a situation number. I hope you can use the spot somewhere in your story. I don't think it's hard to use it.  :D

Pixileanin

Ok.  15?

• Like 1

StarFeather

#15 is  (The Old Castle and thunder in the forest)

5ac0a49f666e4_For-Aurors-Tale-CI-hint-forest.png.72aab36a133cceeb33f16ec8ce3e4a14.png

I hope you can work it out. (If you feel like seeing the other number, please tell me.)

Bardic Magic

Hello, my friend!!

I am writing the last chapter of an Auror adventure...17 chapters, so far. I think it's a bit too long for your challenge, but I thought I would ask anyway. If it meets the rules, I will choose option #7. I see I need two chapters specifically for your challenge...I hope I can do that at this point in my story. I guess that's why you call it a "challenge". :ninja::D

• Haha 1

StarFeather

Hi, Kevin! I am ready for reading multi-chaptered stories!

#7 is (A Morning Newspaper and coffee )

5ac164949b2e5_For-Aurors-Tale-CI-hint-7.png.e261f45e89d6b9269445688a2d36aae5.png

Pixileanin

Oh. MY GOODNESS!!!!!

Can I have #7 too????

(begs)

• Haha 1

StarFeather
1 hour ago, Pixileanin said:

Oh. MY GOODNESS!!!!!

Can I have #7 too????

(begs)

Okay, Pixi @Pixileanin, you can exchange the number 7 with Kevin ( @Bardic Magic ) if he accepts the number 15 you asked ^,

or ask the other number once more.

Bardic Magic

Pixi...how can I refuse a housemate begging? :P You may have #7 and I'll take your #15.  Happy writing!!

• Like 1

Bardic Magic
Posted (edited)

Kenny, I accept the challenge. I will be writing about Auror Teddy Lupin. I will write two additional chapters using situation #15 "The Old Castle, Thunder in the Forest."

Edited by Bardic Magic
  • Thanks 1

StarFeather
Posted (edited)

Thank you Kevin for your kindness.  :discuss:

I hope you all will enjoy this challenge.  :cheers:

Numbers: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  

Takers : poppunkpadfoot @poppunkpadfoot - # 17  A Wand on the Rock

Bardic Magic @Bardic Magic - # 15   The Old Castle, Thunder in the Forest

Pixileanin @Pixileanin - # 7  A Morning Newspaper and Coffee

Edited by StarFeather

Pixileanin

@Bardic Magic You are extremely kind!!  Thank you!!!!  I owe you cookies.

I'm definitely taking #7, Kenny.  Thanks!

• Thanks 1

Bardic Magic

Kenny,

Just for clarity, is #15 a two-part scenario or is it to be used as one, complete scenario?

Pixileanin,

You are most welcome!! (I love white chocolate/ Macadamia nut cookies!!!)  :roflol:

• Like 1

StarFeather
On Wednesday, April 11, 2018 at 7:40 AM, Bardic Magic said:

Kenny,

Just for clarity, is #15 a two-part scenario or is it to be used as one, complete scenario?:roflol:

Either way is up to you, Kevin. :)

Pixileanin
Posted (edited)

I'm doing an AU Auror story after the Final Battle, in which Nymphadora Tonks survives.  Is that okay?

Edited by Pixileanin
  • Like 1

StarFeather
4 hours ago, Pixileanin said:

I'm doing an AU Auror story after the Final Battle, in which Nymphadora Tonks survives.  Is that okay?

Wa...Auror Tonks is one of my favorites! Please write about her. :twothumbsup:

Theia

Sign me up, Kenny! :)

Could you give me a character from the HP fandom and a situation please? 

• Thanks 1

Recent Badges

StarFeather
On ‎2018‎年‎5‎月‎13‎日 at 4:37 AM, Pixileanin said:

It's up It's up it's up!!!!

Thank you, @Pixileanin!  I'm looking forward to reading your work.  :)

On ‎2018‎年‎5‎月‎14‎日 at 6:27 PM, Theia said:

Sign me up, Kenny! :)

Could you give me a character from the HP fandom and a situation please? 

Welcome back @Theia!  So I choose the number (the situation) instead of you. This month is May, so how about numer 5?

# 5 is ( a cigarette and a pub in the fog.)

5afad35b78073_For-Aurors-Tale-CI-hint.png.bfdd1e7d1efdd2a061d6637b340cae34.png

Talking of a character from the HP fandom, I remember your fic, Rose Weasley and Scorpius Malfoy. You can continue the story or you can start a new story. If you can't decide which, my suggestion is Tina and Queenie Goldstein from "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them".

You can choose the other number once more.

Entries: Pixileanin @Pixileanin - # 7  A Morning Newspaper and - Coffe and Curse-Breakers (M)

Takers : poppunkpadfoot @poppunkpadfoot - # 17  A Wand on the Rock

Bardic Magic @Bardic Magic - # 15   The Old Castle, Thunder in the Forest

Theia @Theia - # 5  a cigarette and a pub in the fog  

• Like 1

Theia

A cigarette and pub in the fog sounds good, Kenny! 

I'd like to leave the character open for the time being and see where my muse takes me. :)

• Like 1

Recent Badges