Welcome to HPFT

We are a multi-fandom/original fiction community with roots in the Harry Potter fandom community. We strive to maintain a strong focus on author feedback and inclusive writing. Here on the forums, you can join a house and participate in House Cup events, participate in writing challenges, play games, and much more!

Join the Forums

Check out the Archives

HPFT has a moderated multi-fandom/original fiction archive with an unlimited queue. There you can post your writing, as well as read and review other members' writing. Be sure to stop by and check out our latest featured stories!

Join the Archives

Find us on Social Media

HPFT is active on social media. You can find us and many members busily tweeting on Twitter, join us for livestreams on YouTube, check out aesthetics on Instagram, get sneak peeks on Snapchat, and interact on Tumblr! All our social media links can be found below.

News Ticker
  • Check out the new badges we have available.
  • Why did Professor Snape stand in the middle of the road?
  • So you'll never know which side he's on.
MuggleMaybe

MuggleMaybe

MuggleMaybe

I've been putting off doing this for over a year now, but I decided it's time. So, hello! I'm Renee AKA MuggleMaybe. Which you probably already know because why else would you come here? And also MugleMaybe is the name of the thread. Moving on... :P

I write only original fiction and HP fanfic. Not much OF over the past few years, though. 

So, as far as what I'm working on goes--

POSTED WIPs

• Beyond Repair 
    This is my primary multi-chapter fic. I think most people maybe know at this point, simply because I've been working on it so slowly, but it's about the changing relationship between Lily and Petunia over the course of Lily's life. I have it about half written at the moment, and all the chapters are planned. There will be 30 chapters in total.
  • Elaborate Lives (M)
    This is a 7-chapter fic about Helena Ravenclaw's backstory, based on the opera Aida. It's all planned, but barely written. I really need to work on it, it's been ages. :ninja:
  • Boyz II Marauders
    Another barely written story. I have absolutely no idea where it's going, but it's a WolfStar Muggle boyband AU. So. I feel like that pretty much sums it up? haha

UNPOSTED WIPs

• Divine Chaos
    A drama in which Rose Weasley is a gifted Seer, argues with her mum a lot, and does very stupid things... for example, vigilante justice. 
  • Some Kind of Hero
    James Sirius/Muggle OC novel where he's a quidditch player and she's a journalist. 
  • [Untitled]
    I'm also in the planning stages of a novel that *might* be OF, about two art students (m/f unfortunately haha) figuring out how to adult, and also falling in love.

And I have one shots, too. My AP is +here

If you read this, bless you, I don't know what you were thinking. ;) But thank you!

Ask away! 

Edited by MuggleMaybe

just.a.willow.tree

HI RENEE :hug:

I come bearing questions:

1. You said that for Beyond Repair and Elaborate Lives, you have the entire stories planned out. Is this your normal process? Do you create outlines or just rambly plot summaries? How does this work for you? (If you can't tell, I'm fishing desperately for advice :P )
  2. Will there be a chapter in Beyond Repair about that one heartbreaking scene in the books when the Dursleys are evacuating for their safety, and Petunia just sort of looks at Harry for a little while, before leaving? Because if you write that scene, with your wonderfully characterized Petunia, I will spontaneously combust. (In the best way possible.)
  3. Elaborate Lives sounds so interesting! Are you a classical music aficionado as well? xD But I'm itching for more details on Helena's story (if you're willing to provide it), and I want to know how the canon events provided to us about her life will tie into the plotline of the opera.
  4. Also your unposted WIPs are making me so excited already, and I haven't even read a word of it lol. I love James II/Muggle fics, so I'm super ready for that one. When you say that she's a journalist, do you mean that she relentlessly tries to solve the mystery of James' magic? Do you have any more tidbits to offer about this fic?
  5. ALSO ROSE AND VIGILANTE JUSTICE. THIS IS NEITHER CONSTRUCTIVE NOR IS IT A QUESTION BUT I JUST WANT TO LET YOU KNOW THAT YOUR IDEAS SPEAK TO MY SOUL.

Okay I'm done now.

:wub: 

• Like 1

Felpata_Lupin

Hi, beautiful! :wub:

I'm actually just jumping in to say hello and how much I love you and all your ideas (you know already, of course, but I thought I'd make it "official" :P). I will surely come back some other day with a long list of questions for you...

Actually, I do have one question: when are you going to post Some Kind of Hero? Cause I've been curious about that one for a while... :whistling:

• Like 1

MuggleMaybe
17 hours ago, just.a.willow.tree said:

HI RENEE :hug:

I come bearing questions:

1. You said that for Beyond Repair and Elaborate Lives, you have the entire stories planned out. Is this your normal process? Do you create outlines or just rambly plot summaries? How does this work for you? (If you can't tell, I'm fishing desperately for advice :P )
  2. Will there be a chapter in Beyond Repair about that one heartbreaking scene in the books when the Dursleys are evacuating for their safety, and Petunia just sort of looks at Harry for a little while, before leaving? Because if you write that scene, with your wonderfully characterized Petunia, I will spontaneously combust. (In the best way possible.)
  3. Elaborate Lives sounds so interesting! Are you a classical music aficionado as well? xD But I'm itching for more details on Helena's story (if you're willing to provide it), and I want to know how the canon events provided to us about her life will tie into the plotline of the opera.
  4. Also your unposted WIPs are making me so excited already, and I haven't even read a word of it lol. I love James II/Muggle fics, so I'm super ready for that one. When you say that she's a journalist, do you mean that she relentlessly tries to solve the mystery of James' magic? Do you have any more tidbits to offer about this fic?
  5. ALSO ROSE AND VIGILANTE JUSTICE. THIS IS NEITHER CONSTRUCTIVE NOR IS IT A QUESTION BUT I JUST WANT TO LET YOU KNOW THAT YOUR IDEAS SPEAK TO MY SOUL.

Okay I'm done now.

:wub: 

Eva, hello! :wub:

1. Beyond Repair was easy to plot because it's not exactly a cohesive narrative, but more like a collection of one shots. It was the first story I really planned. I didn't used to plan very much, but I've found it works better for me to have at least a basic chapter outline, so I try to do that now. I usually figure out the key points, and then flesh out the summary from there, and then arrange that into chapters. I'm getting better at it. If you ever want to talk out a plot for something, you're very welcome to DM me :) 

2. I did not have a chapter planned for that moment. But it's such a good idea and maybe I will steal it. :D (thank you!)  I do have a chapter planned for after Harry leaves, but it takes place a little later on.

3. Sad to say, I am not a classical music aficionado. I am a fan of Broadway, though, and the musical of Aida is one of my favorites. That's what inspired me to use the story. The title also comes from the name of a song in the show. As far as the plot.... much drama hahaha

4. Some Kind of Hero is a WIP I've struggled with, which is why it isn't posted yet. I keep restarting it and changing the OC's personality and stuff. One thing that won't change is that it starts with James accidentally rescuing Marisol (the OC) while on his broomstick, not realizing she's a Muggle. He's spotted by the press and thought to be a superhero, while she falls head first into the wizarding world. But I really can't tell you much more because it keeps changing :P 

5. Aww hahahaha. love you <3 

Thank you so much for the questions, dear! :hug:

17 hours ago, Felpata_Lupin said:

Hi, beautiful! :wub:

I'm actually just jumping in to say hello and how much I love you and all your ideas (you know already, of course, but I thought I'd make it "official" :P). I will surely come back some other day with a long list of questions for you...

Actually, I do have one question: when are you going to post Some Kind of Hero? Cause I've been curious about that one for a while... :whistling:

Hello sweetie! Thank you for stopping by. :hug:  I love you back! Sad to say, Some Kind of Hero will probably be the last of these stories to be posted because it's giving me the most trouble. Sorry :(  But I will try hard to get to it sooner for you! xoxo

• Like 1

Stella Blue

RENEE OMG YAYAYAY I'M SO HAPPY TO SEE THIS THREAD AND ANNOY ENTERTAIN YOU WITH THESE QUESTIONS! :wub:  :hug: 

1. Did you know that you are the best. (I am aware that this is not phrased as a question, because there is no question about it)

2. As you are probably aware, Goodbye, Love, Goodbye is one of the best pieces of fanfiction that ever existed. How long did it take you to write it, with all the many ways the story can be interpreted and read? What was the writing process like?

3. When do you think we can expect to see more of the masterpiece that is Elaborate Lives?

4. Do you dislike Petunia as a character, or has writing Beyond Repair given you an appreciation for her (or both)?

5. What is your favorite(s) of your own fics and why?

• Like 1

Felpata_Lupin
7 hours ago, Stella Blue said:

Goodbye, Love, Goodbye is one of the best pieces of fanfiction that ever existed.

THIS!!! THIS!!! SO MUCH THIS!!! :wub:

Erm... sorry for the intrusion... :couch:

• Like 2

MuggleMaybe
19 hours ago, Stella Blue said:

RENEE OMG YAYAYAY I'M SO HAPPY TO SEE THIS THREAD AND ANNOY ENTERTAIN YOU WITH THESE QUESTIONS! :wub:  :hug: 

1. Did you know that you are the best. (I am aware that this is not phrased as a question, because there is no question about it)

2. As you are probably aware, Goodbye, Love, Goodbye is one of the best pieces of fanfiction that ever existed. How long did it take you to write it, with all the many ways the story can be interpreted and read? What was the writing process like?

3. When do you think we can expect to see more of the masterpiece that is Elaborate Lives?

4. Do you dislike Petunia as a character, or has writing Beyond Repair given you an appreciation for her (or both)?

5. What is your favorite(s) of your own fics and why?

HELLO! Thank you so much for questions! (You never annoy me.)

1. This made me laugh so much, and you're the sweetest... even if I think you're mistaken ;) 

2. STAHP IT, you're being too nice to me! I can't remember how long that piece took, to be honest. I think I wrote it over the course of 4 or 5 days, a little bit at a time? I originally wanted to write a back and forth piece where in one direction Remus is transforming to a werewolf, and in the other he's transforming back to a human, but I couldn't get it to work. That was frustrating. So them I let go of that and made it very fluid and emotionally driven, because I just couldn't figure out any other way to do it. And that was easier. I focused in VERY close to each word in this story, and I had to think about how things would sound in reverse and pause between lines and stuff. It was a fun (and challenging) puzzle, sort of. For the next story I wrote after this, I remember I kept pausing to read it backwards and then remembering I didn't need to do that anymore :P 

3. Ummmmmm :couch: Maybe within 6 weeks? That's an optimistic estimate, but I have been wanting to be a little more productive with writing, so it's not impossible. And your interested (and flattery lol) is motivating, so we'll see.

4. Definitely both. I don't like how JKR portrays her very much because I think it's kind of inconsistent, and that frustrates me. We see some nuance to her in the moment when she tells Vernon Harry is going to stay, after reading Dumbledore's letter, and that nuance makes no sense next to her treatment of Harry throughout his life. I'd rather look at the nuance... But I can't like someone who would abuse and neglect a child the way she does. So I dislike her, and I HATE her actions toward Harry, but I also relate to her. I think that her reactions to Lily (not including child abuse here) are pretty natural, even if they aren't likable, and I think it's easy to hate her when in reality many (maybe most) people would have had similar emotions about a sister like Lily. And I think she struggles with self-worth as a child and teenager, which is probably what leads her to Vernon. And that's something I definitely empathize with.

5. I really love Skewed Toward Truth because it reflects my own experience in a way none of my other stories do, so I guess I'll go with that one.

Thank you for asking excellent questions! Please stop by anytime to "annoy" me! :hug:

p.s. awww, @Felpata_Lupin :hug:

• Like 2

Ineke

Hi Renee! I come bearing some questions from your Secret Cupid Blue!

1. You’re a FROGS winner now, how do you feel? Are you surprised by the reaction to your stories?
  2. What is your favourite thing about being a Hufflepuff? And who is your favourite Hufflepuff character in the books?
  3. Your idea for Divine Chaos sounds amazing! How would you describe your version of Rose in this story?
  4. Who are your favourite same sex pairings to read within HP fandom? Can you recommend me a fic?
  5. Tell us a little more about your *maybe* OF? Where did the basic idea for that come from? How far into the planning are you?

• Thanks 1

MuggleMaybe
On 2/15/2018 at 2:57 PM, Ineke said:
  1. You’re a FROGS winner now, how do you feel? Are you surprised by the reaction to your stories?
  2. What is your favourite thing about being a Hufflepuff? And who is your favourite Hufflepuff character in the books?
  3. Your idea for Divine Chaos sounds amazing! How would you describe your version of Rose in this story?
  4. Who are your favourite same sex pairings to read within HP fandom? Can you recommend me a fic?
  5. Tell us a little more about your *maybe* OF? Where did the basic idea for that come from? How far into the planning are you?

Hello, Blue! :wub: Thank you so much for this and all the other wonderful gifts!

1. I am honestly so excited to have won a FROGS award for Petunia! She's obviously not a character people tend to like, so it's really reassuring that someone would nominate a story where she's one of the main characters, let alone that it could win. In general, I'm always super worried about my writing because I studied writing in college and I feel like that means I should be really good at it all the time. Which, you know, I'm not. :P 

2. I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT HUFFLEPUFF. I really love kind people, and while they can be found in every house, the best thing of all is the density of kindness I find among my Puffs. I love them so much. And I think my favorite Hufflepuff character would have to be Hannah because, let's be real, I love anyone who loves Neville :P 

3. Aw, thank you! Rose in this is intelligent like her mom, but only in the academic sense. Her emotional intelligence is more in line with Ron's, which means she makes a lot of wrong assumptions about why people do things. She doesn't care about getting attention, but she's very determined and can be reckless - which means she sometimes gets a lot of attention anyway. She also really wants to be her own person, not defined by her family or what other people expect from her, and she struggles with that. She's a fiercely loyal friend and a lot of fun at parties.

4. What a fun question! I really like Scorbus - The Fred Weasley Memorial Scholarship (M) by sapphicsunrise is my favorite Scorbus fic. (It's so amazing, Blue. If you haven't read it DROP EVERYTHING.) I also like WolfStar. There's one on AO3 called +On the Same Page (M) that I love. And, pretty much anything femslash because to be honest there isn't a ton of it so I will take what I can get but KATIE AND ALICIA IS MY FAVORITE SHIP FOREVER :wub: and if you haven't read My First Date(s) by Dojh167, please check it out ASAP because it is the Literal Cutest. (Also shameless self promotion for my story Skewed Toward Truth.) 

5. So, the OF was initially a Hugo/OC story, and then I told my friend about it and she was like "This has nothing to do with HP and it sounds good, you should make it OF." And I mean, she wasn't wrong, it really doesn't have anything to do with HP. :P It's completely planned, which is to say I have a plan for the main events in each chapter, and I know how it ends. I /think/ the setting is going to be NYC. And I can tell you that the female lead is named Adela and I already love her. But I don't want to say too much because I don't want to spoil it. B|

Thank you for the excellent questions! :hug:

• Like 2

MuggleMaybe

Hello! Back at last! 

On 2/1/2018 at 6:49 PM, MuggleMaybe said:

[Untitled]
I'm also in the planning stages of a novel that *might* be OF, about two art students (m/f unfortunately haha) figuring out how to adult, and also falling in love.

I really, really want to start working on this story but I'm having a hard time feeling exciting about writing. I still love these characters but I just don't feel inspired at all. 😣 Of course, sometimes a person has to write even when not inspired, but it's really hard when you don't even have one sentence, you know?

So, in hopes of getting more energy for working on this story, I thought I'd share some more details about it with you. Here are summaries of the first two chapters:

Ch 1: Hugo wakes up stressed because his family is coming for brunch, and Tate (his roommate) left the apartment a mess the night before. His parents are skeptical of his decision to go to art school for an MFA after getting his bachelors. School starts the next day.

Ch 2: Adela’s roommate tells her she’s moving out very last minute and she freaks out about affording her rent that month. Her mom calls from Pittsburgh and asks about her ex-boyfriend, Grant; mom doesn’t know that Grant dumped Addie when she told him she was moving to NYC for art school. Stressed, Addie goes to the bar, where she eats too many fries and tearfully confides in the bartender. He happens to be the manager, and offers her a job.

And here is a random sentence from the middle of my plot synopsis: "They end up throwing paint at each other."

Face claims:
- Henry Pedro Wright for Hugo (and yes, I am keeping the same first name and face claim I had for his character when this was still fanfic. I just really like the name Hugo, ok? :ninja:)
- Iskra Lawrence for Addie :wub:

Comments/questions/general expressions of enthusiasm greatly appreciated :$ :rose:

• Like 1

Stella Blue

ENTHUSIASM! :bouncing:  Omg this sounds so good. I would totally read it pls.

Okay I also have some questions and random comments. So, this was originally fanfic that you're turning into OF? How much of it did you write/plan as fanfic before changing it to OF? What made you decide to switch it to OF?

What are Hugo's parents like? Do they think art is not a suitable/profitable career path for their son?

I am v curious about the paint throwing incident.

I want to give Adela a hug. That sounds like a rough day.

Are you going to do rotating POV chapter by chapter?  I like that the first two chapters are from different POVs so we can get to know both of the characters in their own perspectives from the beginning.

I'm excited for this new project of yours, Renee!

• Like 1

MuggleMaybe

Ahh, hi Kristin! Thank you so much for your post! ❤️ 

On 7/6/2018 at 1:56 PM, Stella Blue said:

Okay I also have some questions and random comments. So, this was originally fanfic that you're turning into OF? How much of it did you write/plan as fanfic before changing it to OF? What made you decide to switch it to OF?

What are Hugo's parents like? Do they think art is not a suitable/profitable career path for their son?

I am v curious about the paint throwing incident.

I want to give Adela a hug. That sounds like a rough day.

Are you going to do rotating POV chapter by chapter?  I like that the first two chapters are from different POVs so we can get to know both of the characters in their own perspectives from the beginning.

I'm excited for this new project of yours, Renee!

1. Yeah, I already had everything planned before I changed it to OF, but I was hanging out with Julie one day and I told her about it and she said, "Renee that story has absolutely nothing to do with magic or Harry Potter." And she encouraged me to make it OF, and really she was right! haha

2. I haven't really thought about this since his parents stopped being Ron and Hermione, so thank you for asking it! I Think his mom is ambitious, and a politician, and she wants him to show more ambition, especially because he performed extremely well academically in school and she didn't see this decision coming at all. And his dad grew up poor and worries he won't be financially secure as an artist. But they want to be supportive, they're just not always good at it.

3. Good. Be curious =P 

4. I know right? I absolutely adore Adela and I haven't even written a chapter of this haha

5. Yeah, I think it will switch between them for each chapter. 

Thank you so much for these questions! Your excitement makes a big difference :hug:

• Like 1

nott theodore

Hi Renee! Stopping by with some questions about your lovely writing!

1) What is your favourite kind of relationship to write? (Romantic, friendship, family...) 

2) Where do you draw inspiration from when you start a story?

3) Has anything about writing Beyond Repair surprised you? Have you learnt things about the characters you didn't know before? Do you feel differently about them?

4) Do you think your experience being a teacher has changed the way you write or understand characters?

Aphoride

You know, I'm pretty sure we've actually never spoken? Which is criminal because I've read bits of your work - First Lit, Last Burning; Skewed Toward Truth - and (I checked, gosh) I've never even reviewed either, despite the fact that I LOVED both stories. So I'm here for the House Cup 2018-2019 Opener, and also to right something of a wrong! (Seriously. I can't believe it. I'm terrible, aren't I??!! *hides*) 

1. What gave you the inspiration for Skewed Toward Truth? It's a super cute rare-pair so exactly up my alley, haha, but because of that I just wanna know how it came about :) 

2. First Lit, Last Burning was a really, really beautiful, if a solemn and serious read. Would you ever write Anthony again? (partly because like, there's a 11/10 chance that if he was real, I might marry him, so yk... :whistling:

3. Elaborate Lives sounds amazing and I can't believe I've never read it because I love reading Founders fics ^_^ What made you connect that and Aida

4. Summer or winter? 

5. You have a real, real talent for writing such incredible, deep, real characters. How do you go about creating them - whether OCs or minor characters? (Tell me all your secrets! :P ) 

MuggleMaybe

I"m supposed to be working on my thesis, so naturally I've decided to catch up on HPFT stuff. :whistling: But I'm so glad I did, because HELLO! WELCOME!

On 9/5/2018 at 3:35 AM, nott theodore said:

Hi Renee! Stopping by with some questions about your lovely writing!

1) What is your favourite kind of relationship to write? (Romantic, friendship, family...) 

2) Where do you draw inspiration from when you start a story?

3) Has anything about writing Beyond Repair surprised you? Have you learnt things about the characters you didn't know before? Do you feel differently about them?

4) Do you think your experience being a teacher has changed the way you write or understand characters?

❤️❤️❤️ Hello, love! 

1. This is a tough question! I think I like relationships that involve well-intended struggle? Like, Lily and Petunia both mean well, but they - mostly Petunia tbh - struggle to empathize with each other. I don't really believe in true love, so I like writing romantic relationships about characters who treat it as a give and take, who have to communicate and compromise to make it work. And not because they're "on the rocks" but just because that's what love is like. Weirdly, I don't think I have any fics that focus particularly on friendship. Yet.

2. Omg I have no idea? It varies so much. Sometimes there's something I've read that I want to try. With Year of the Badger, part of my inspiration came from the book Six of Crows, which is an ensemble cast heist story. I am intrigued by both things, and I also want to write a Puff-centric story, so the YotB plunny was the result. Oh, whoops, I just realized I haven't mentioned this story in here yet. I think I mentioned in in Milan, though? 

3. I have learned a LOT about Lily and Petunia's parents. They're not discussed in the books at all, so I had free rein (reign? I feel like both meanings make sense idk). They emerged as a kind, working-class couple, a bit traditional but certainly loving. Lily's mother is a nurse, and her father is a union member so he is sometimes on strike. As a result, the family goes through some very tough financial times, and that puts a strain on Lily and Petunia's relationship because Lily is so protected from it compared to Petunia. This causes guilt (from lily) and resentment (from Petunia).

4. Hmm. Not really. I think, actually, reading about teenagers helps me understand my students. Teenagers aren't always willing to confess their reflections, their doubts, any of their thoughts, honestly. It can be easy to start to think they aren't thinking about anything at all. But of course, they are. And reading lets me get inside teenaged heads to remember that.

Thank you so much for the questions, sweetie! ❤️

On 9/16/2018 at 3:31 PM, Aphoride said:

You know, I'm pretty sure we've actually never spoken? Which is criminal because I've read bits of your work - First Lit, Last Burning; Skewed Toward Truth - and (I checked, gosh) I've never even reviewed either, despite the fact that I LOVED both stories. So I'm here for the House Cup 2018-2019 Opener, and also to right something of a wrong! (Seriously. I can't believe it. I'm terrible, aren't I??!! *hides*) 

1. What gave you the inspiration for Skewed Toward Truth? It's a super cute rare-pair so exactly up my alley, haha, but because of that I just wanna know how it came about :) 

2. First Lit, Last Burning was a really, really beautiful, if a solemn and serious read. Would you ever write Anthony again? (partly because like, there's a 11/10 chance that if he was real, I might marry him, so yk... :whistling:

3. Elaborate Lives sounds amazing and I can't believe I've never read it because I love reading Founders fics ^_^ What made you connect that and Aida

4. Summer or winter? 

5. You have a real, real talent for writing such incredible, deep, real characters. How do you go about creating them - whether OCs or minor characters? (Tell me all your secrets! :P ) 

Hello! You know, you might be right? That does seem crazy, since we've booth been around a long time at this point! And I've definitely read (maybe reviewed? not sure) some of your work. Which might be why we haven't talked, because your writing is so stunning it steals all my words.

Answer time!

1. I'm thrilled you liked it; it's a special story for me. Skewed Toward Truth was partly inspired by Dojh167's excellent fic, My First Date(s), which is also an Alicia/Katie story. It's definitely the fic that got me shipping them, and it has a similar structure. The larger inspiration comes from my own experiences, because I didn't figure out my own queerness until I was relatively old. Or, certainly older than these characters. And like Alicia, I was so lost trying to understand what everyone else saw in boys and dating. There's that part where Alicia consciously decides to force herself to have a crush on Oliver because it seems logical and she feels like she is required to have a crush on someone, and I remember doing that same thing several times while I was growing up.

2. Thank you! I would definitely like to write Anthony again, he came alive for me in a way I was not expecting. And I loved writing him with Ernie, so a story revolving around that ship is something I'd love to try. I don't have any actual plunnies (or time to write) at the moment, but perhaps someday. Anthony is 100% into dudes only, so I'm not sure about your marriage plans, alas :P 

3. I can't remember how I decided to use Aida for Helena's story. It might have been while someone was hosting a musical-themed challenge or something. Aida (the broadway version, not the opera) is one of my favorite shows, and it seems to have the same kind of dramatic flair as the Ravenclaw saga.

4. Fall is my favorite season, but if it must be either summer or winter, I guess I'll pick summer. No school! ;) 

5. Oh my gosh, Laura, thank you so much! What a kind thing to say! :rose:To be honest, I feel like my characters could definitely be more well written a lot of the time. I have no secrets! haha! That being said, I enjoy putting my characters in situations where they're forced to reveal things they might prefer not to. I push them into vulnerability. Also, I like to write about children and childhood, so I try to include some of those far-back foundational memories. 

I'm so glad you stopped by and I would love to chat more sometime ❤️