Welcome to HPFT

We are a multi-fandom/original fiction community with roots in the Harry Potter fandom community. We strive to maintain a strong focus on author feedback and inclusive writing. Here on the forums, you can join a house and participate in House Cup events, participate in writing challenges, play games, and much more!
Join the Forums

Check out the Archives

HPFT has a moderated multi-fandom/original fiction archive with an unlimited queue. There you can post your writing, as well as read and review other members' writing. Be sure to stop by and check out our latest featured stories!
Join the Archives

Find us on Social Media

HPFT is active on social media. You can find us and many members busily tweeting on Twitter, join us for livestreams on YouTube, check out aesthetics on Instagram, get sneak peeks on Snapchat, and interact on Tumblr! All our social media links can be found below.
News Ticker
  • Fic Feud is the current House Cup event!
  • Good luck to all the writers doing Camp NaNo. See you in the Crazies' Cafe!
  • Enjoy the new themes! To change them choose the "Themes" dropdown at the bottom of the page.
  • Announcements

• abhorsen.

April Bulletin   04/01/2018

April's Bulletin has been posted! You can find it +here!
MadiMalfoy

The Soulmate AU and Random Prompt Challenge | Deadline: May 7th 2018

ShadowRose

It's been SO long since I've done any sort of challenge anything, but could I snag Soulmate #13 and Random #15? May try my hand at a Jily fic with those two. :)

MadiMalfoy
On 3/12/2018 at 12:37 PM, Pixileanin said:

Ok.  My pairing is Bill Weasley/Tonks

Yay sounds great!!

On 3/14/2018 at 7:07 AM, facingthenorthwind said:

Could I please see 11 for the soulmate and 10 for the random prompt?

Sure thing dear! Soulmate Prompt #11 is: tattoo of last words spoken to each other. Random Prompt #10 is: a modern day setting in college/university. Let me know if you'll be a maybe or a taker and possibilities for pairings. :)

On 3/21/2018 at 10:18 AM, dreamgazer220 said:

I love how my two prompts fit, but I have a question: it says they both have secret identities.  Does that mean they can know each other's secret identities,  or do they not know who the other is?  I have a couple of possible ideas, but so far nothing that's sticking.

A fic I read recently had both characters with secret identities that knew each other, but they didn't know each other in real life until they had a blind date type situation. They can know each other's secret identities too if that works better for you. I'm good with anything. :)

On 3/21/2018 at 6:22 PM, Chelts-rhj said:

Could I have the soulmate prompt 5 and see the random prompt 5?

Of course! Soulmate Prompt #5 is: see in black & white until they meet --> see in color after meeting (optional: vision goes back to black & white if one partner dies). Random Prompt #5 is: "Oops I ran you over with my [car] because we were both [texting]" This can be changed to whatever vehicle/animal and action that'll work with your setting/fandom. :)

On 3/22/2018 at 10:28 PM, TidalDragon said:

Since Jill was brave enough to take the first leap, I'm going to follow in her footsteps. When you say "ran over" I'm assuming this isn't required to be a literal "running over" (as in flattened and/or burned and/or severe-injury-inducing) but that just some scenario of car striking human would suffice?

Yeah just like the rom-com type get bumped by a taxi trying to cross the street! It doesn't even have to be a car if it doesn't work for you. 

On 3/26/2018 at 10:17 PM, ShadowRose said:

It's been SO long since I've done any sort of challenge anything, but could I snag Soulmate #13 and Random #15? May try my hand at a Jily fic with those two. :)

Aw yay! Soulmate prompt #13 is: Can feel the other person's physical pain (optional: add emotional pain also). Random Prompt #15 is: Person A is a patient, Person B is a doctor. 

Takers:

dreamgazer220 - Soulmate #9  & Random #9 & Bellamy Blake/Clarke Griffin (The 100)

TidalDragon - Soulmate #8 & Random #5 & Harry Potter/Katie Bell (HP)

Maybes:

clevernotbrilliant - Soulmate #6 & Random #11 & Raven Reyes/John Murphy (The 100)

just.a.willow.tree - Soulmate #9 & Random #1 & Teddy Lupin/Victoire Weasley (HP)

Rumpelstiltskin - Soulmate #14 & Random #14

ShazaLupin - Soulmate #12 & Random #12

Felpata_Lupin - Soulmate #7 & Random #7

MalfoysAngel - Soulmate #12 ? & Random #7 ?

FlamingQuilltips - Soulmate #2 & Random #5 ?

WriteYourHeartOut - Soulmate #1 & Random #4 & Remus Lupin/Sirius Black (HP)

Pixileanin - Soulmate #4 & Random #6 & Bill Weasley/Nymphadora Tonks (HP)

Ineke - Soulmate #10 & Random #10 ? & Harry Potter/Ginny Weasley (HP) or James Potter/Lily Evans (HP) or River Song/The Doctor (Doctor Who)

facingthenorthwind - Soulmate #11 & Random #10

Chelts-rhj - Soulmate #5 & Random #5

ShadowRose - Soulmate #13 & Random #15 & James Potter/Lily Evans (HP) ?

Entries:

dirigibleplums - +Ice Baby (T) (SM #3 & RP #3)

Numbers Revealed:

Random #2 - "That's the tenth demon (creature) summoning this week!" - Person A or B. 

Numbers left:

Soulmate Prompts: 11, 15
Random Prompts: 2, 8, 

Just a reminder, people can use the same numbers as other people, with up to 3 people using the same Soulmate Prompt # & Random Prompt # each, and up to 3 people using the same set of prompts as long as the pairings for each person are different! Numbers revealed are totally still up for grabs!

facingthenorthwind
Posted (edited)

@MadiMalfoy ohhhh boy, tattoo of last words is going to be. heartbreaking. Could I have a different random prompt though? I'd ideally like to do a Remus/Sirius that adheres to canon....for.......obvious heartbreak reasons. I'm sad already oh no.

Edited by facingthenorthwind
changed my mind about which doomed lovers

Levana

I kinda wanna try this. Can I have soulmate #15 and Random #2? 

MadiMalfoy
Posted (edited)
On 3/30/2018 at 5:55 PM, Slytherin_Ravenclaw_Chick said:

Ah yay I'm so excited to read it!!! :) The one thing I would maybe do is upload it to the HPFT archives here ASAP (and then send me that link) so that it doesn't get lost when HPFF shuts down on April 28th :( I'd hate for you to lose it!

On 3/30/2018 at 8:51 PM, facingthenorthwind said:

@MadiMalfoy ohhhh boy, tattoo of last words is going to be. heartbreaking. Could I have a different random prompt though? I'd ideally like to do a Remus/Sirius that adheres to canon....for.......obvious heartbreak reasons. I'm sad already oh no.

Sure! How about random prompt #14? "This wasn't my fault I swear." - Person A or B. Let me know if that doesn't work for you still. :)

On 3/30/2018 at 9:14 PM, Levana said:

I kinda wanna try this. Can I have soulmate #15 and Random #2? 

Yes!! Soulmate Prompt #15 is: Each partner can only see in the shades of their partner's eyes (i.e. only shades of blue OR brown OR green, etc. bonus if you want to do heterochromia) until they meet, when they see in full color. Random prompt #2 is: "That's the tenth demon (creature) summoning this week!" - Person A or B. Let me know if either of those don't work for you and if you'll be a maybe/taker and a potential pairing. :)

I've hidden everyone's prompt numbers and stuff to keep the posts shorter and less for you to have to scroll through all of the time :)

Spoiler

Takers:

dreamgazer220 - Soulmate #9  & Random #9 & Bellamy Blake/Clarke Griffin (The 100)

Maybes:

clevernotbrilliant - Soulmate #6 & Random #11 & Raven Reyes/John Murphy (The 100)

just.a.willow.tree - Soulmate #9 & Random #1 & Teddy Lupin/Victoire Weasley (HP)

Ineke - Soulmate #10 & Random #10 ? & Harry Potter/Ginny Weasley (HP) or James Potter/Lily Evans (HP) or River Song/The Doctor (Doctor Who)

facingthenorthwind - Soulmate #11 & Random #14 & Remus Lupin/Sirius Black (HP)

Levana - Soulmate #15 & Random #2

Entries:

dirigibleplums - +Ice Baby (T) (SM #3 & RP #3 & James Potter/Lily Evans - HP)

Slytherin_Ravenclaw_Chick - +Improvisations (15+) (SM #4 & RP #13 Remus Lupin/Nymphadora Tonks - HP)

Numbers left:

Soulmate Prompts: 11
Random Prompts: 8

Just a reminder, people can use the same numbers as other people, with up to 3 people using the same Soulmate Prompt # & Random Prompt # each, and up to 3 people using the same set of prompts as long as the pairings for each person are different! Numbers revealed are totally still up for grabs!

Edited by MadiMalfoy
  • Like 1

Hobbit

Alright I'll try the last one <3 
hit me 11 & 8! :wub:

MadiMalfoy
On 4/7/2018 at 9:34 PM, Hobbit said:

Alright I'll try the last one <3 
hit me 11 & 8! :wub:

Yay! Soulmate Prompt #11 is: Tattoo of last words spoken to each other. Random Prompt #8 is: Person A is extremely petty while Person B forgives very easily. Please let me know your pairing and if you'll be a maybe or a taker! :)

Everyone's assignments hidden below the spoiler

Spoiler

Takers:

Maybes:

Hobbit - Soulmate #11 & Random #8

Entries:

Slytherin_Ravenclaw_Chick - +Improvisations (15+) (SM #4 & RP #13 Remus Lupin/Nymphadora Tonks - HP)

All numbers for both prompts are still available, but have all been taken at least once. So people can use the same numbers as other people, with up to 3 people using the same Soulmate Prompt # & Random Prompt # each, and up to 3 people using the same set of prompts as long as the pairings for each person are different!

Hobbit

Taker please <3 
and Harry potter Fred WeasleyII/OC is that okay? I'll do it based on my two current characters and do a one shot on it? 

• Like 1

ShadowRose

The first chapter of my entry is up! It was supposed to be a one-shot but now it's going to be a 4-part thing because my muse got really excited about this prompt apparently?? Anyways, here it is: [M].

dreamgazer220

Okay, so I've officially tried to start this like, three times, and it's just not working for me with these prompts. I'm sorry, I feel like such a pain :couch:

I'd love to try and beat my writer's block and get something for this challenge, but I see that all of the prompts are filled.  I'd love to keep Bellarke (obviously, #otp), and was wondering if I could possibly use the random prompt of the Modern AU college/university with another soulmate prompt? If not, can I just see another for both and see if I can work something out that way? 

facingthenorthwind

I have 4.2k of this written! The end and also the beginning. I just need to write......the middle now. Oh dear.

just.a.willow.tree

It's a little late to be asking this, but...does the prompt have to be a major factor in the story, especially since it's a quote? Mine is "So why did I have to punch that guy?" and I have a reincarnation fic, so I don't see a way for this one sentence to carry through the whole fic. (Which is looking like it's going to be monstrous so, um. Brace yourself. :P) I just wanted to make sure!

MadiMalfoy
On 4/13/2018 at 9:31 AM, Hobbit said:

Taker please <3 
and Harry potter Fred WeasleyII/OC is that okay? I'll do it based on my two current characters and do a one shot on it? 

Sounds good! I look forward to reading it. :)

On 4/16/2018 at 9:35 PM, ShadowRose said:

The first chapter of my entry is up! It was supposed to be a one-shot but now it's going to be a 4-part thing because my muse got really excited about this prompt apparently?? Anyways, here it is: [M].

Yay! :) 

On 4/17/2018 at 5:21 PM, dreamgazer220 said:

Okay, so I've officially tried to start this like, three times, and it's just not working for me with these prompts. I'm sorry, I feel like such a pain :couch:

I'd love to try and beat my writer's block and get something for this challenge, but I see that all of the prompts are filled.  I'd love to keep Bellarke (obviously, #otp), and was wondering if I could possibly use the random prompt of the Modern AU college/university with another soulmate prompt? If not, can I just see another for both and see if I can work something out that way? 

All of the prompts are actually still available! You can totally keep the college/university AU random prompt and switch your soulmate prompt! Which one would you like to try?

On 4/18/2018 at 10:12 AM, facingthenorthwind said:

I have 4.2k of this written! The end and also the beginning. I just need to write......the middle now. Oh dear.

You got this! I'm excited to see what you come up with!! :)

On 4/18/2018 at 10:44 AM, just.a.willow.tree said:

It's a little late to be asking this, but...does the prompt have to be a major factor in the story, especially since it's a quote? Mine is "So why did I have to punch that guy?" and I have a reincarnation fic, so I don't see a way for this one sentence to carry through the whole fic. (Which is looking like it's going to be monstrous so, um. Brace yourself. :P) I just wanted to make sure!

Nope, since it's a quote, it doesn't have to be carried throughout the story, but I would appreciate a moment of significance with it somewhere. :) Let me know if that helps!

Just as a reminder, all prompts are still available to be used again, as none have been chosen 3 times yet. Mix and match away!

Assignments and entries below the spoiler cut!

Spoiler

Takers:

Hobbit - Soulmate #11 & Random #8 & Fred Weasley II/OC (HP)

Maybes:

Entries:

Slytherin_Ravenclaw_Chick - +Improvisations (15+) (SM #4 & RP #13 Remus Lupin/Nymphadora Tonks - HP)

ShadowRose - +Reckless (M) (SM#13 & RP #15 James Potter/Lily Evans - HP)

All numbers for both prompts are still available, but have all been taken at least once. So people can use the same numbers as other people, with up to 3 people using the same Soulmate Prompt # & Random Prompt # each, and up to 3 people using the same set of prompts as long as the pairings for each person are different!

dreamgazer220
5 hours ago, MadiMalfoy said:

All of the prompts are actually still available! You can totally keep the college/university AU random prompt and switch your soulmate prompt! Which one would you like to try?

Awesome, thank you so much! I'm going to go with matching tattoo designs, and I've already got a couple of ideas for it :wub: :yay: 

Edited by dreamgazer220
  • Like 1