HPFanficTalk
  • Announcements

• abhorsen.

February Bulletin   01/31/2018

February's bulletin is up! It includes information about recent staff/prefect bumps, our secret cupid event, our monthly awards, and more! You can check it out +here.
    • abhorsen.

2018 FROGS Winners   02/10/2018

We've announced the winners of our 2018 FROGS Winners! You can check out the livestream +here and the awards post on the forums +here!
MadiMalfoy

The Soulmate AU and Random Prompt Challenge | Deadline: May 7th 2018

Hello hello hello! So lately I’ve been super into the Soulmate AU Trope™ in my fanfic reading so here I am looking for more by hosting a challenge all about it! :loveshower:

Challenge Name: The Soulmate AU and Random Prompt Challenge

Challenge Deadline: May 7th 2018

Accepted Fandoms: Harry Potter, The 100, BBC Merlin, Doctor Who

Accepted Ratings: Anything up to and including Mature (no explicit please)

Accepted Sites: HPFF, HPFT, AO3, FFNet

Challenge Details: This is a little twist on a typical random prompt challenge by adding in the Soulmate AU trope we all know and love. Basically, you pick two numbers between 1 and 15 and get a “Soulmate Prompt” and a “Random Prompt” to fit your story into. The soulmate prompts are how the characters “know” they are soulmates. The random prompts are a variety of dialogue pieces, settings, or characterizations.

Example: Soulmate prompt - matching marks over the heart           Random prompt - Person A is a doctor trying to save Person B’s life

Prompts can be switched 3 times each (so total of 6 possible prompt pairings). **If you struggle with the random prompt fitting with the soulmate prompt, you may suggest a new random prompt for me to consider allowing instead, but only after you’ve switched at least twice.**

Multiple people can do the same prompts and same prompt pairings, as long as they have different character pairings.

Rules:

1. No pre-written entries.
  2. Can be combined with other challenges.
  3. Must follow all sites rules & guidelines.
  4. Must have "for MadiMalfoy’s Soulmate AU and Random Prompt Challenge" somewhere in the summary or story notes.
  5. Multiple entries are allowed.
  6. Multi-chapter stories are allowed - minimum of 2 chapters posted/validated by deadline.
  7. Any era/genre/character pairings allowed.

Prizes: I’m bad™ at graphics, so reviews are the name of the game instead!

Entries: Everyone gets their entry piece reviewed! (If it's a multichap, the last relevant chapter will have the review on it)

1st place: 5 reviews on other pieces of their choosing + favorite entry + promotion on my signature for 3 months

2nd place: 4 reviews on other pieces of their choosing + favorite entry + promotion on my signature for 2 months

3rd place: 3 reviews on other pieces of their choosing + favorite entry + promotion on my signature for 1 month

I know this seems like a very complicated challenge, so if anyone has questions, please ask!! :)

5 minutes ago, clevernotbrilliant said:

Ooo, this sounds super coo, I'll definitely be a maybe.

Can I get number 6 for Soulmate prompt and 11 for Random prompt?

Sure thing! :) Soulmate prompt 6 is: 24-hour body swap once a year after age 18 until they meet. Random prompt 11 is: Outdoor activity (aka hiking, camping, etc) + bad weather

Takers:

Maybes:

clevernotbrilliant - Soulmate #6 & Random #11

Numbers left:

Soulmate Prompts: 1-5, 7-15
Random Prompts: 1-10, 12-15

This sounds like a lot of fun! I have a question, does it have to be an AU? Can we try to fit it into canon if we can?

Also, soulmate 9, prompt 1 ^_^ 

20 minutes ago, just.a.willow.tree said:

This sounds like a lot of fun! I have a question, does it have to be an AU? Can we try to fit it into canon if we can?

Also, soulmate 9, prompt 1 ^_^ 

Hey! So it doesn't actually have to be an AU, but since the Soulmate trope is involved, that's why it's technically an AU in my mind, even if the characters do get together in canon. ^_^ If you have a specific pairing in mind, please let me know that info as well in case we get duplicates!

Soulmate Prompt 9 is: Both characters reincarnations continue meeting over the years. Random prompt 1 is: "So why did I have to punch that guy?" - Character A or B

Takers:

Maybes:

just.a.willow.tree - Soulmate #9 & Random #1

Numbers left:

Soulmate Prompts: 2-5, 7-15
Random Prompts: 2-10, 12-15

4 minutes ago, Rumpelstiltskin said:

Can I please see Soulmates 14 and Random 14, please?! :D 

Of course! Soulmate Prompt 14 is: the Red Thread of Fate (aka red thread attached to pinky can get tangled and twisted but never breaks).  Random Prompt 14 is: "This wasn't my fault I swear." - Character A or B. 

Please let me know if you'll be a taker or a maybe and if you have a possible pairing in mind! :D

Takers:

Maybes:

just.a.willow.tree - Soulmate #9 & Random #1

Rumpelstiltskin - Soulmate #14 & Random #14

Numbers left:

Soulmate Prompts: 2-5, 7-13, 15
Random Prompts: 2-10, 12-13, 15

I love reading fics like this, can I see number 12 for both please? And I’ll be a maybe! 

4 hours ago, dirigibleplums said:

ahhh i really REALLY shouldn't, but i am so weak for soulmate aus so can i see #3 for both prompts? :P

Ah yay you should totally do it anyway!! :D Soulmate Prompt 3 is: tattoo of first words spoken to each other.  Random Prompt 3 is: "Please put me down it's just a sprained ankle." Will you be a maybe and also have a potential pairing in mind? 

4 hours ago, ShazaLupin said:

I love reading fics like this, can I see number 12 for both please? And I’ll be a maybe! 

Great! Soulmate Prompt 12 is: Tattoo of partner's name (first name or full name is up to you). Random Prompt 12 is: "I was hoping you'd ignore my mistake, but clearly you haven't..."

4 hours ago, just.a.willow.tree said:

My specific pairing is Teddy/Victoire! ^_^

Thanks dear! :)

Takers:

Maybes:

just.a.willow.tree - Soulmate #9 & Random #1 & Teddy Lupin/Victoire Weasley

dirigibleplums - Soulmate #3 & Random #3

ShazaLupin - Soulmate #12 & Random #12

Numbers left:

Soulmate Prompts: 1-2, 4-5, 7-11, 13, 15
Random Prompts: 2, 4-10, 13, 15

• Like 1

I really shouldn't, since I'm terrible at following up with challenges... :couch: but I want to give this a try... can I see #7 for both? I'm a maybe :$

Things I should be doing: working on my WIPs.
Things I shouldn't be doing: signing up for more challenges.

That being said, I adore soulmate AU, so stick me down as a maybe! Can I see #5 for soulmate, and #15 for random prompt? :) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MadiMalfoy said:

Will you be a maybe and also have a potential pairing in mind? 

i'll be a maybe for now since my muse has been a lil bit flakey recently. as for pairings, i'm bouncing between james/lily and harry/ginny atm

16 hours ago, MadiMalfoy said:

Soulmate prompt 6 is: 24-hour body swap once a year after age 18 until they meet. Random prompt 11 is: Outdoor activity (aka hiking, camping, etc) + bad weather

That sounds absolutely perfect! I think I'm leaning towards Raven/Murphy from The 100 as a pairing, but I'm gonna stay as a maybe right now ^_^

4 hours ago, Felpata_Lupin said:

I really shouldn't, since I'm terrible at following up with challenges... :couch: but I want to give this a try... can I see #7 for both? I'm a maybe :$

Hey that's totally fine! :P Soulmate Prompt 7 is: Telepathic connection. Random Prompt 7 is: "I'm forgetting something important and potentially dangerous, aren't I?" - Person A or B

3 hours ago, MalfoysAngel said:

Can I see 13 for both please?

Of course! :) Soulmate Prompt 13 is: Each can feel the other person's physical pain (optional: includes emotional pain as well). Random Prompt 13 is: Improv comedy troupe members. Let me know if either of those don't work for you!

2 hours ago, dreamgazer220 said:

Things I should be doing: working on my WIPs.
Things I shouldn't be doing: signing up for more challenges.

That being said, I adore soulmate AU, so stick me down as a maybe! Can I see #5 for soulmate, and #15 for random prompt? :) 

Hey hey they're great things so I'm happy to see you join in! :) Soulmate Prompt 5 is: They see in black & white until they meet --> see in color (optional: go back to B&W if one dies :sad:). Random Prompt 15 is: Person A is a patient, Person B is their doctor. 

1 hour ago, dirigibleplums said:

i'll be a maybe for now since my muse has been a lil bit flakey recently. as for pairings, i'm bouncing between james/lily and harry/ginny atm

Sweet, thanks lovely! ^_^

11 minutes ago, clevernotbrilliant said:

That sounds absolutely perfect! I think I'm leaning towards Raven/Murphy from The 100 as a pairing, but I'm gonna stay as a maybe right now ^_^

Yasss great pairing! I look forward to what you maybe come up with. :)

Takers:

Maybes:

clevernotbrilliant - Soulmate #6 & Random #11 & Raven Reyes/John Murphy (The 100)

just.a.willow.tree - Soulmate #9 & Random #1 & Teddy Lupin/Victoire Weasley (HP)

dirigibleplums - Soulmate #3 & Random #3 & James Potter/Lily Evans or Harry Potter/Ginny Weasley (HP)

Felpata_Lupin - Soulmate #7 & Random #7

MalfoysAngel - Soulmate #13 & Random #13

dreamgazer220 - Soulmate #5 & Random #15

Numbers left:

Soulmate Prompts: 1-2, 4, 8-11, 15
Random Prompts: 2, 4-6, 8-10

Just a reminder, people can use the same numbers as other people, with up to 3 people using the same Soulmate Prompt # & Random Prompt # each, and up to 3 people using the same set of prompts as long as the pairings for each person are different!

13 minutes ago, FlamingQuilltips said:

Can I see #2 for both???

Sure thing! Soulmate Prompt 2 is: Soulmate mark - black stain on body where partner's first touch will be. Random Prompt 2 is: "That's the 10th demon summoning this week!" - Person A or B (note: "demon" can be substituted for whatever creature would fit better). 

TidalDragon - Soulmate Prompt 8 is: Wrist Timer countdown until they meet for the first time. (optional: after meeting, timer countdown to one partner's death). Random Prompt 8 is: Person A is extremely petty while Person B forgives very easily.

Takers:

Maybes:

clevernotbrilliant - Soulmate #6 & Random #11 & Raven Reyes/John Murphy (The 100)

just.a.willow.tree - Soulmate #9 & Random #1 & Teddy Lupin/Victoire Weasley (HP)

dirigibleplums - Soulmate #3 & Random #3 & James Potter/Lily Evans or Harry Potter/Ginny Weasley (HP)

FlamingQuilltips - Soulmate #2 & Random #2

Numbers left:

Soulmate Prompts: 1, 4, 8-11, 15
Random Prompts: 4-6, 8-10

Just a reminder, people can use the same numbers as other people, with up to 3 people using the same Soulmate Prompt # & Random Prompt # each, and up to 3 people using the same set of prompts as long as the pairings for each person are different!

Edited by MadiMalfoy

I've not attempted a challenge (or writing anything new at all!) in a very long time, but I'm trying to get back in the swing of things, so... I'd like to at least give this a try! Might I see Soulmate Prompt One and Random Prompt Four? ^.^

Just now, WriteYourHeartOut said:

I've not attempted a challenge (or writing anything new at all!) in a very long time, but I'm trying to get back in the swing of things, so... I'd like to at least give this a try! Might I see Soulmate Prompt One and Random Prompt Four? ^.^

Of course! I'd love to help you get back in the swing of things with this challenge. :) Soulmate Prompt 1 is: Matching Tattoos (i.e. same sun, animal, graphic tattoo, etc). Random Prompt 4 is: Person A is way too enthusiastic about __ soundtrack/film/tv show/etc, and Person B has to deal with it. 

Takers:

Maybes:

FlamingQuilltips - Soulmate #2 & Random #2

WriteYourHeartOut - Soulmate #1 & Random #4

Numbers left:

Soulmate Prompts: 4, 8-11, 15
Random Prompts: 5-6, 8-10

Just a reminder, people can use the same numbers as other people, with up to 3 people using the same Soulmate Prompt # & Random Prompt # each, and up to 3 people using the same set of prompts as long as the pairings for each person are different! Numbers revealed are totally still up for grabs!

Okay, I love that prompt, and it kind of fits perfectly so my pairing is Tonks/Remus! 

UA-79258518-1