Welcome to HPFT

We are a multi-fandom/original fiction community with roots in the Harry Potter fandom community. We strive to maintain a strong focus on author feedback and inclusive writing. Here on the forums, you can join a house and participate in House Cup events, participate in writing challenges, play games, and much more!

Join the Forums

Check out the Archives

HPFT has a moderated multi-fandom/original fiction archive with an unlimited queue. There you can post your writing, as well as read and review other members' writing. Be sure to stop by and check out our latest featured stories!

Join the Archives

Find us on Social Media

HPFT is active on social media. You can find us and many members busily tweeting on Twitter, join us for livestreams on YouTube, check out aesthetics on Instagram, get sneak peeks on Snapchat, and interact on Tumblr! All our social media links can be found below.

News Ticker
  • THE HOUSE CUP FINALE HAS BEGUN!
  • Keep an eye on the Prefects' Blog for House Writing Award results.
Levana

Levana's Reviews

Levana

Let me love you!! And your fics!! Give me your fics, please. Maggie loves reading :P 

I'll read anything in the HP fandom or original fic. I'm open to other fandoms, just send me a PM or something to check if I'm familiar enough with it. 

I can help with characterization and plot, I'm not sure how helpful I am but I can definitely just give you lots and lots of love :wub:

Any ship/genre/pairing is fine with me.

I'll start out with 3 open slots for now. I'm a bit of a slow reader so bear with me, but if I take more than a week to review feel free to bug me about it!

Story and Author Name, including link:

Warnings and Advisories:

Genre:

Length:

Summary:

Ships:

Areas of Concern (if any):

Recent Badges

RoxiMalfoy

Oh yay, a new Puff is reviewing!!! :yay: Mind if I Slyther in to take the first spot!?  :slytherin:  (I'm sorry, but I had to, haha!!!) Just for that, I'll give you an easy one, lol!! :P 

Story & Author Name: Doing the Right Thing by RoxiMalfoy
Warnings & Advisories: None
Genres: AU, Dark/Horror
Length: One-Shot, 1,500 Words (for the 1500-word Challenge)
Ships: N/A
Summary: Mother had always said that I was different. She believed that I was capable of doing the right thing. Whatever that meant...
Areas of Concern: This one-shot is a missing moment from my Novel: Love, Not War, but it can be read separately, as it actually takes place 3 months before the events of the main story begin... I would love to hear your thoughts on this, so feel free to point out whatever sticks out to you. ^_^ & If you like it, I'll come back to re-request for the main Novel when you have some more spots open later. :thumbsup:  Thank you so much, Levana!!

Edited by RoxiMalfoy
  • Like 1

MuggleMaybe

Oooh! Snagging up spot #2!

Story & Author Name: The Maidens in the Tower (M) by MuggleMaybe
Warnings & Advisories: domestic abuse, sexual content, violence
Genres: Drama, fairy tale, romance, historical
Length: currently, 1612 words. Eventually, 6 chapters.
Ships: FOC/FOC
Summary: 

Then the King flew into a passion, and ordered a dark tower to be built, into which no ray of sunlight or moonlight should enter. When it was finished, he said, “Therein shalt thou be imprisoned for seven years, and then I will come and see if thy perverse spirit is broken.” Meat and drink for the seven years were carried into the tower, and then she and her waiting-woman were led into it and walled up, and thus cut off from the sky and from the earth...

A story of love on the American prairie.

Inspired by 'Maid Maleen,' as collected and recorded by the Brothers Grimm, for nott theodore's Fairy Tale Challenge.

Areas of Concern: Character development, dialogue, voice (I'm worried it's too over the top), clarity - basically, anything at all is fair game for critique. I want some feedback before I continue working on the story. Thank you so much :wub:

• Like 1

Levana

@RoxiMalfoy Awful puns are my favorite thing ever! :P I'm looking forward to your fic

@MuggleMaybe So, I did leave a reivew on this fic before, but I can 100% PM you like more detailed critique and stuff (though you know I already love it :wub:)

1. Doing the Right Thing - RoxiMalfoy

2. The Maidens in the Tower - MuggleMaybe

3. Open!!

• Haha 1

Recent Badges

quill2parchment

Story and Author Name, including link: In this Darkness by Quill2Parchment  https://www.harrypotterfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?psid=337709

Warnings and Advisories: M Contains profanity, Strong violence, Scenes of a sexual nature, Sensitive topic/issue/theme, Spoilers

Genre: Romance

Length: Chapter One is 4399 words

Summary: Sometimes the greatest darkness is the one inside of us

Ships: Lily Luna/ OC 

Areas of Concern (if any): Just overall first impressions. Anything you think would be worth pointing out. 

Thank you! :)

MuggleMaybe

Oh my god, I'm an idiot. I was on break with work when I posted that and I didn't even pause to think *head desk* :ninja:

Please ignore me, your review was lovely :wub:

*fades into background*

• Like 1

Levana
2 hours ago, MuggleMaybe said:

Oh my god, I'm an idiot. I was on break with work when I posted that and I didn't even pause to think *head desk* :ninja:

Please ignore me, your review was lovely :wub:

*fades into background*

I mean, I will 100% give you all of my love, support, and encouragement for you to continue on with the fic because I need moar. BECAUSE IT'S SO GOOD, please.

@RoxiMalfoy I left your review! (side note, I loved it. I mean, I said that in the review, but you know)

@quill2parchment Awesome! I'll get to your fic asap!

1. In This Darkness - quill2parchment

2. Open!!

3. Open!!

• Like 1

Recent Badges

just.a.willow.tree

Maggie! It's so great to see a fellow Hufflepuff with a review thread <3

Story & Author Name: five lives (M) by justawillowtree
Warnings & Advisories: hate speech, sexual assault, violence
Genres: general
Length: ~6800 words
Ships: n/a
Summary: Four lives Astoria saved. And then the fifth.
Areas of Concern: I'd love your thoughts on each individual section, and any CC you might have to offer! Thank you :wub: 

Levana

All done!!

1. Open!!

2. Open!!

3. Open!!

• Thanks 1

Recent Badges

beyond the rain

hey Maggie, seeing as three spots are open - I have a fic that could use some love? (or just a review, haha!) 
I was thinking of transferring it to HPFT, but I'm not sure if I should bother. 

Story and Author Name, including link: How Hogwarts Left Me Scarred for Life (By Enid McElderry) by beyond the rain (15+) 

Warnings and Advisories: Contains profanity, Scenes of a sexual nature, Spoilers

Genre: romance, comedy, fluff

Length: one shot, 6036 words

Summary: Do most girls dream of soft kisses and a warm embrace? I wouldn’t know, I was put off at an early age. Since I was eleven years old fate has pushed their sickly sweet affair in my direction, and there’s only so many times you can run. When I leave school, I don’t care about my grades or even long lasting friendships – I just want to leave with my sanity, but even that might be impossible...because Hogwarts has left me scarred for life.

Ships: Hermione x Severus

Areas of Concern (if any): this was my first, and only, attempt at writing comedy. I've never really been any good at it. I'm pretty sure that grammatically speaking, this fic is terrible bc I always forget to find a beta, and I've always been crap at that kind of stuff. But that's not really my concern at this point (so i'm sorry if there's lots of basic mistakes that make your eyes roll out of your eye sockets and out of the room, haha!) I'd just really like to know if my OC (enid) is okay, if the comedy works, and if I should transfer it to HPFT? 

• Like 1

Recent Badges

Levana

Done!!!

All three slots are open! :) 

Recent Badges

MuggleMaybe

Let's try this again ;) 

Story & Author Name: The Maidens in the Tower, Ch 2 (M) by MuggleMaybe
Warnings & Advisories: domestic abuse, sexual content, violence
Genres: Drama, fairy tale, romance, historical
Length: Ch 2 is 2552 words
Ships: FOC/FOC
Summary: 

Then the King flew into a passion, and ordered a dark tower to be built, into which no ray of sunlight or moonlight should enter. When it was finished, he said, “Therein shalt thou be imprisoned for seven years, and then I will come and see if thy perverse spirit is broken.” Meat and drink for the seven years were carried into the tower, and then she and her waiting-woman were led into it and walled up, and thus cut off from the sky and from the earth...

A story of love on the American prairie.

Inspired by 'Maid Maleen,' as collected and recorded by the Brothers Grimm, for nott theodore's Fairy Tale Challenge.

Areas of Concern: Character development, dialogue, consistency with Ch 1, scene/summary balance, if you think anything is missing, development of the romance

Thank you! :wub:

• Like 1

Pen2Paper

Hey, just getting back to writing after a long hiatus, would love a second set of eyes on the material to tell me what you think :)

Story and Author Name, including link: Heaven Can Wait(M) (HPFF link) by Pen2Paper

Warnings and Advisories: Profanity, Mild Violence, Substance Use

Genre: Romance/ Drama (Pre First Wizarding War)

Length: 8 Chapters , Ch1 5576 words

Summary:

"Mudblood" 

The word hung in the air for a long moment. No one who heard it knew the full gravity of it. They knew what it meant, sure. But why was it said? What happened next? ...

The story of how Lily and James and their friends grew into the people we remember from the books.

Ships: Lily/James 

Areas of Concern (if any): Plot development, Reader interest, Characterization :) Anything really. I've recently edited most of the chapters which I hope keep most of the old story without the cringe-worthy early draft sections of it, so anything you feel like commenting on  is welcome. Just looking for another opinion. :) 

Thanks a million :)

• Like 1

Levana

On these!!

@MuggleMaybe look for my review hopefully sometime tomorrow (maybe later tonight - my time) :wub:

@Pen2Paper Awesome! Can't wait to read! (I love lily/James).  Should have a review either tomorrow or Saturday. :) 

1. The Maidens in the Tower ch 2 - MuggleMaybe

2. Heaven can Wait - Pen2Paper

3. Open!!

• Like 1

Recent Badges

Levana

Done!!

All three slots are open now!!!

Recent Badges

Crimson Quill

Story and Author Name, including linkGolden Girl (m) / crimsonquill

Warnings and Advisories: violence/domestic violence

Genre: angst/drama/dark/horror

Length: 2572 words

Summary:

'It was a crushing truth, the ugly type that no-one would ever admit unless they had to. This was that moment for him.'

Ships: Peter Pettigrew/OC

Areas of Concern (if any): I guess just nice to get some general feedback/thoughts on this piece? it's been part of my head canon for years and I decided to get it onto 'paper' for a challenge and I guess I'm nervous about how it came out? 

Tecla Sunrise

Well!!! A too good opportunity to pass up :loveshower:

Story and Author Name, including link: Wrong number (m) / Tecla Sunrise

Warnings and Advisories: profanity, mention of recreational drugs

Genre: humor/romance

Length: 7862 words in 5 chapters

Summary:

"Have you ever called the wrong number? At least once in your life.
...but what if it were the right time?"

Ships: James Sirius/OC

Areas of Concern (if any): just wanted to get some love and thoughts about my OC :bouncing:

Felpata_Lupin

I'm on a requesting mood, so I'll snatch your last slot, hope that's okay... :$

Story and Author Name, including link: Goodbye, Jus (A) by Felpata_Lupin

Warnings and Advisories: none

Genre: angst, drama, hurt/comfort, romance

Length: one-shot, 2506 words

Summary: She'd been just a comet into my sky, you'd always been the sun.

Ships: Justin Finch-Fletchley/Hannah Abbott/Susan Bones

Areas of Concern (if any): this is my newest story and one that's a bit different from what I'm used to write... I don't really know what to think about it myself, so I'll be happy to hear any thought you might have. Like, how do you like the structure? Is the characterization good? How does the story feel in its entirety? How does it work with the challenges it was written for? Thank you so much! :hug:

Levana

@Crimson Quill Done!! :wub:

@Tecla Sunrise @Felpata_Lupin Look for reviews within the next day or two. (I'm hoping for tomorrow)!!! :wub:

1. Wrong Number - Tecla Sunrise

2. Goodbye, Jus - Felpata_Lupin

3. Open!!

• Like 2

Recent Badges

Pen2Paper

Hey again! Wah! You've got open slots!!! 

I loved your review so so much! Thank you!

May I?? *Puppy face* Would you mind reviewing chapter 2 of Heaven Can Wait?

Story and Author Name, including link: Heaven Can Wait(M) (HPFF link) by Pen2Paper

Warnings and Advisories: Profanity, Mild Violence, Substance Use

Genre: Romance/ Drama (Pre First Wizarding War)

Length: 8 Chapters , Ch2 6903 words

Summary:

"Mudblood" 

The word hung in the air for a long moment. No one who heard it knew the full gravity of it. They knew what it meant, sure. But why was it said? What happened next? ...

The story of how Lily and James and their friends grew into the people we remember from the books.

Ships: Lily/James 

Areas of Concern (if any):How do you like Lily's Pov and her voice and characterization? Do you think the story is interesting enough to keep reading, does it make you fall asleep? :/ There's more James and well and do tell me what you think of him in his home environment. Is there anything you think I should work on? I'd love to hear from you again!

Levana
Posted (edited)

@Tecla Sunrise @Felpata_Lupin done!! :wub:

1. Heaven Can Wait Ch 2 - Pen2Paper (I'll be doing this for you either tonight or tomorrow ^_^)

2. Open!!

3. Open!!

Edited by Levana
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Recent Badges

Levana

@Pen2Paper Done!! I saw that you have your fic here too, so I transferred my review from the first chapter over here. I posted the review for chapter 2 on HPFF and here as well! Um, side comment, the review on HPFF is cut off because I apparently do not know the definition of the word brevity (I hit the character limit on HPFF...) :S

All three slots are open!!! (also I am officially on spring break now, so I have a lot of time!)

• Like 1

Recent Badges

CambAngst
Posted (edited)

Hi, Levana! I don't know whether we've ever met one another on HPFF or elsewhere. I'm Dan. If we haven't met before, pleased to make your acquaintance. 

If you wouldn't mind, I'd like to request a review for a story that doesn't seem to get much attention:

Story and Author Name, including link: Living After Midnight [M] by Cambangst

Warnings and Advisories: Substance Abuse. Allusions to sexual situations.

Genre: Humor, Action

Length: One-shot, 5,289 words

Summary: What do you do when your best mate is angry at you? If you're Sirius Black, you spend all night stirring up trouble and trying to remember that Hufflepuff girl's name.

Ships: James/Lily (mentioned only)

Areas of Concern (if any): What do you think of Sirius? Does the story make sense and hold together? Is it compelling?

Thank you!

Edited by CambAngst
  • Like 1

Levana

@CambAngst Hi, Dan!! Nice to meet you!! :D I loved your fic!! ^_^

All three slots are open!! ^_^

Recent Badges

Pen2Paper
19 hours ago, Levana said:

@Pen2Paper Done!! I saw that you have your fic here too, so I transferred my review from the first chapter over here. I posted the review for chapter 2 on HPFF and here as well! Um, side comment, the review on HPFF is cut off because I apparently do not know the definition of the word brevity (I hit the character limit on HPFF...) :S

All three slots are open!!! (also I am officially on spring break now, so I have a lot of time!)

Heyy, that was the most amazing feel-good review ever! Thank you so so much! :hug:I loved it. And OMG hahahaha I broke the HPFF character limit in my response!:$ I left the complete one on the HPFT site. Would you mind if I re-request here for the 3rd chapter?? :wub:

Hope you don't mind the informal link since you already know the details of the story : Heaven Can Wait(M) (HPFF), HPFT in sig :) 

Thank you so so much again! *hugs*

• Like 1