Welcome to HPFT

We are a multi-fandom/original fiction community with roots in the Harry Potter fandom community. We strive to maintain a strong focus on author feedback and inclusive writing. Here on the forums, you can join a house and participate in House Cup events, participate in writing challenges, play games, and much more!

Join the Forums

Check out the Archives

HPFT has a moderated multi-fandom/original fiction archive with an unlimited queue. There you can post your writing, as well as read and review other members' writing. Be sure to stop by and check out our latest featured stories!

Join the Archives

Find us on Social Media

HPFT is active on social media. You can find us and many members busily tweeting on Twitter, join us for livestreams on YouTube, check out aesthetics on Instagram, get sneak peeks on Snapchat, and interact on Tumblr! All our social media links can be found below.

News Ticker
  • The House Cup finale will commence shortly!
  • Keep an eye on the Prefects' Blog for House Writing Award results.
  • Ask about our Review Transfer Tool.
BellaLestrange87

Who Do You Write Like?

BellaLestrange87

There are many famous authors out there who are worth our admiration, but many of us have one special author whose writing style we really look up to. Perhaps you like writers who write in second person or use lots of descriptive prose. Maybe you like a more direct, third person style of writing.

Or perhaps you have no idea who it is you may write like! But fear not! As your NaNo story develops, merely pop sections of it into this here (12+) generator, and it will analyze your submission before letting you know which famous author's writing style you seem to share!

Tell us all about who you write like below!

Recent Badges

starbuck

i have no idea who i write like.....so i pasted a chapter into the thingie you linked to and it said arthur c clarke :) i love his books so that's pretty cool :D

ShadowRose

I just tried that same generator, and I got JK Rowling. Which is pretty fitting considering I’m writing her characters and her world, lol.

Hufflepuffbookworm1990

I got Agatha Chritie

just.a.willow.tree

I got Agatha Christie, too!

victoria_anne

I think last year it likened me to J.K. Rowling but personally I think my style is similar to Cassandra Clare :D 

Nix

I have no idea who I write like. I have plenty of favorite authors but don't think I write like them. Entered a large section of my new novel into the link provided and got Agatha Christie, who I don't think I've read but I don't really believe? So, I tried another fic, darker, with a different tone, and got... Agatha Christie again. Still not sure how I feel about this. Very skeptical. :hmm:

sunshine_locks

Apparently I write like Agatha Christie too? Personally, I don't see it, but I also have no other author whose style I identify with the best. 

adorably cute

I got Agatha Christie too and I was also surprised about it! I'm not sure I see it either but I also haven't read anything from her in a while so I guess, maybe?

Recent Badges

TidalDragon

I got Arthur C. Clarke and Cory Doctorow from my two (2) pieces of OF.

Agatha Christie peeps: if you haven't already, you might make sure you go back and space everything because I got her on everything last year without the spaces, but adding them (with the same stories) this year I actually got legit results.

beyond the rain

I got JK Rowling and Anne Rice! 

I've not read any of Rice's work, I haven't read much horror/gothic fiction - but after reading about her I think it fits....the key being that her work is really detailed. I never know when to stop :P 

Recent Badges

Rumpelstiltskin

I got James Joyce for my OF, Dan Brown for my horror crossover, and Vladimir Nabokov for my HP-verse novel. 

(Psst..thank you for the space thing, Kevin! Without them...all three were Agatha Christie.)

Sleepingbagonthesofa
On 6/22/2018 at 3:56 PM, TidalDragon said:

Agatha Christie peeps: if you haven't already, you might make sure you go back and space everything because I got her on everything last year without the spaces, but adding them (with the same stories) this year I actually got legit results.

This definitely changes the results. First time I got Agatha Christie and after a few spaces, with the same price of writing, I got J K Rowling. 

Can't say I'm not happy with that! 😋

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.