Welcome to HPFT

We are a multi-fandom/original fiction community with roots in the Harry Potter fandom community. We strive to maintain a strong focus on author feedback and inclusive writing. Here on the forums, you can join a house and participate in House Cup events, participate in writing challenges, play games, and much more!

Join the Forums

Check out the Archives

HPFT has a moderated multi-fandom/original fiction archive with an unlimited queue. There you can post your writing, as well as read and review other members' writing. Be sure to stop by and check out our latest featured stories!

Join the Archives

Find us on Social Media

HPFT is active on social media. You can find us and many members busily tweeting on Twitter, join us for livestreams on YouTube, check out aesthetics on Instagram, get sneak peeks on Snapchat, and interact on Tumblr! All our social media links can be found below.

News Ticker
  • Staff/prefect applications are open!
  • Ask about our Review Transfer Tool.
  • Claim your badges!
  • Check out the new emoji options.
Margaret

The Angst Alone Challenge | Deadline: June 3rd, 2018

Margaret
Posted (edited)

Challenge Name: Angst Alone Challenge.

Challenge Deadline: June 3rd.

Accepted Fandom(s): Given the nature of the challenge, I am open to pretty much anything, if it doesn't require too much knowledge of canon events. If it does require an understanding of the background, I am obviously familiar with Harry Potter. And anything original is fine. Anything else, ask, as I want to be able to judge properly.

Accepted Ratings: All audiences to Mature. Basically anything allowed on HPFT is fine.

Challenge Details:

There are two main parts to this challenge - there must only be one character present in the story and they must be dealing with some kind of angst - stress, grief, worry, mental health problems like depression, anxiety, PTSD, etc.

Flashbacks which include other characters are allowable but the character must be alone at the time the story is taking place. The idea is to write a full story without the character interacting with anybody else (though they can reflect on previous interactions).

No prewritten.

Rewards:

1st prize: 4 reviews on chapters of your choice.

2nd prize: 3 reviews on chapters of your choice.

3rd prize: 2 reviews on chapters of your choice.

Edited by LadyL8
  • Like 2

Rumpelstiltskin

I think I'd like to be a maybe on this! 

Could you do me a favor and give me a random form of angst and perhaps a second element (any element, any at all) for a bit of inspiration, please? ^_^

• Like 1

beyond the rain

I'll be a maybe!

• Like 1

Recent Badges

Margaret
12 hours ago, Rumpelstiltskin said:

I think I'd like to be a maybe on this! 

Could you do me a favor and give me a random form of angst and perhaps a second element (any element, any at all) for a bit of inspiration, please? ^_^

Exam stress and next gen. era. If that is any help.

• Like 1

MileyMalfoy

Oooo I'll be a maybe on this please! 

• Like 1

forever_dreaming

I’m a maybe!

Chelts-rhj

I’m diefinitely a taker. Already got my entry submitted to the queue 😂 

• Like 1

Recent Badges

Margaret
2 hours ago, Chelts-rhj said:

I’m diefinitely a taker. Already got my entry submitted to the queue 😂 

That's fantastic. Looking forward to reading.

VaguelyCreativeName

I'll be a maybe on this :) 

• Like 1

Chelts-rhj

Here we go! Hollow (M)

Recent Badges

MuggleMaybe

I'm in for this :)

Theia

Hey Margaret! I'll be a Maybe for this. :)

Margaret

That's great, Thia.

Will get around to reading the entries when things get a bit quieter. It might be at the time of the deadline. 

facingthenorthwind

I have a draft for this! It's technically a sequel to another fic, but it's not essential to read the other one as long as you accept the premise of the soulmate AU, is that ok? 

Recent Badges

Margaret

That's absolutely fine.

nott theodore

I have the very beginnings of an idea for this challenge, but it's been a long time since I've written anything, so I'd like to be a very tentative maybe.

Is it okay if the story spans more than one scene/moment, as long as those moments don't involve interaction with another character?

Margaret

Absolutely. The main challenge is to focus on one character and their feelings. It can include as many scenes as you like/need.

• Thanks 1

StarFeather
Posted (edited)

I'm not sure if I can finish by the deadline though, 

So I am maybe.

I'll try pieces of Ron centric fic, post-war.

Edited by StarFeather

Recent Badges

facingthenorthwind

I have an entry! It's a sequel to two certainties (m) but I have put the relevant snippet into the story notes for this one in case you don't want to read the other one first: half dead (t).

Recent Badges

Simplicius

Okay, I've begun writing something for this as we speak.

• Like 1

StarFeather
Posted (edited)

I submitted one-shot.

There are two main parts to this challenge - there must only be one character present in the story and they must be dealing with some kind of angst - stress, grief, worry, mental health problems like depression, anxiety, PTSD, etc.

There are three Weasleys plus one flashback. I focused on Molly Weasley. The other Weasleys and the other character are needed to express Molly's situation.

Well...I admit I kept running away from the fact. I'll try only one character present, which will be hard for me mentally... one soldier's experience (OF). So I'll post one more. Two entries. 

Edited by StarFeather
One more entry I'll try

Recent Badges

Theia

my fic is still in the queue but since we're nearing the deadline, here's the link: purgatory (t)

• Like 1

Simplicius

I've put my story in the queue for validation, although I'm still not familiar enough with the way the site works to be sure I uploaded it correctly.

Anyway, it's not as good as I'd hoped it would be but I've really enjoyed this challenge and want to thank you for putting it together, since it's got me back into the swing of things.

Margaret

Let me know when it's validated.

I've now read a few of the entries and am pretty impressed with the quality. Judging this is going to be hard.