Welcome to HPFT

We are a multi-fandom/original fiction community with roots in the Harry Potter fandom community. We strive to maintain a strong focus on author feedback and inclusive writing. Here on the forums, you can join a house and participate in House Cup events, participate in writing challenges, play games, and much more!
Join the Forums

Check out the Archives

HPFT has a moderated multi-fandom/original fiction archive with an unlimited queue. There you can post your writing, as well as read and review other members' writing. Be sure to stop by and check out our latest featured stories!
Join the Archives

Find us on Social Media

HPFT is active on social media. You can find us and many members busily tweeting on Twitter, join us for livestreams on YouTube, check out aesthetics on Instagram, get sneak peeks on Snapchat, and interact on Tumblr! All our social media links can be found below.
News Ticker
  • See the May Bulletin for archive rule/advisory changes.
  • See our badges forum for more details about our new badges system!
  • The Review Transfer Tool is now ready for use.
  • Announcements

• abhorsen.

May Bulletin   05/01/2018

May's bulletin is up, with all kinds of interesting information (including a tool to mass transfer all reviews you received on HPFF to HPFT's archive). You can check it out +here.
    • toomanycurls

Annual Member Survey   05/09/2018

Please take a moment to fill out the annual member survey before May 31st.  
Levana

The Stop Shop and Rework It Challenge | June 25, 2018

beyond the rain

here's the first chapter to Heritage(M)  the next update should be sometime in may! ^_^

• Like 2

Recent Badges

Levana
Posted (edited)
On 4/15/2018 at 7:28 PM, beyond the rain said:

here's the first chapter to Heritage(M)  the next update should be sometime in may! ^_^

Awesome!!!!

Spoiler

Entries

1.  Heritage(M) - beyond the rain

Takers:

1. PaulaTheProkaryote 
  2. sapphicsunrise
  3. magnifique
  4. Pixileanin
  5. StarFeather
  6. Felpata_Lupin
  7. GinnyPotter242
  8. AbraxanUnicorn
  9. ReillyJade
  10. Hobbit
  11. Chelts_rhj
  12. beyond the rain

Maybes: 

1. dirigibleplums
  2. Slytherinchia08
  3. MileyMalfoy
  4. VaguelyCreativeName
  5. Kerney

Edited by Levana

Recent Badges

Nix
Posted (edited)

I'm gonna be a maybe. I have a Pansy one-shot Chandelier I've been wanting to rewrite for ages. Plus a Rose/Scorpius short story, Define Insanity, that I'm thinking about reworking into a one-shot. Both are currently on my HPFF page, but of course, that's about to be gone. I didn't want to transfer them the HPFT until I'd fixed them.

Edited by Nix
  • Like 1

Recent Badges

Levana
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Nix said:

I'm gonna be a maybe. I have a Pansy one-shot Chandelier I've been wanting to rewrite for ages. Plus a Rose/Scorpius short story, Define Insanity, that I'm thinking about reworking into a one-shot. 

Awesome!!! Both sound good! :D 

Spoiler

Entries

Takers:

1. PaulaTheProkaryote 
  2. sapphicsunrise
  3. magnifique
  4. Pixileanin
  5. StarFeather
  6. Felpata_Lupin
  7. GinnyPotter242
  8. AbraxanUnicorn
  9. ReillyJade
  10. Hobbit
  11. Chelts_rhj
  12. beyond the rain

Maybes: 

1. dirigibleplums
  2. Slytherinchia08
  3. MileyMalfoy
  4. VaguelyCreativeName
  5. Kerney
  6. Nix

Edited by Levana

Recent Badges

scooterbug8515
Posted (edited)

I have a question, what about a story that is already published to HPFT but I want to completely revamp - the plot and story remain the same but I'm fleshing out the prose giving more depth. 

Example

Original 1st Paragraph:

Years, so many of them had passed. It was hard to believe how many actually had come and gone for the Fat Friar. It seemed like just yesterday he was at Hogwarts in it's early days, spreading his gentle message when things seemed to go so topsy-turvy. He would never forget the fight that grew between Lords Godric and Salazar. He thought he would never see anything as horrid as that again. Sadly, the ghost was mistaken. 

New 1st Paragraph:

Days months and years all rolled into one.  Time started to cease to have meaning.  Decades were lumped together and life took on a similar ebb and flow.  Like clockwork children came to Hogwarts and children left. Occasional one or two would return in various roles in the school others were never seen or heard from again.  It was the way of life and it was one the Fat Friar accepted.  Though he could not remember the names of each child he’d been blessed with, he loved all dearly and would do anything in his limited power to help.  It was a task he had failed to do in life and so he took it upon himself to live in an eternal purgatory to better serve those in need.  After all, the Lord’s work was never done and so he would continue on, each day month and year tending to the needs of the children whom he loved dearly.  

The original story was hosted onto the HPFT archives quickly to save it but was originally written probably about 10 years ago.  If you want it to be completely new to the archives, I might be able to still swing this challenge but have to ask if working with a chaptered story does it have to be posted in its entirety or just the first chapter? 

Edited by scooterbug8515
  • Like 1

Levana
36 minutes ago, scooterbug8515 said:

I have a question, what about a story that is already published to HPFT but I want to completely revamp - the plot and story remain the same but I'm fleshing out the prose giving more depth. 

Example

Original 1st Paragraph:

New 1st Paragraph:

The original story was hosted onto the HPFT archives quickly to save it but was originally written probably about 10 years ago.  If you want it to be completely new to the archives, I might be able to still swing this challenge but have to ask if working with a chaptered story does it have to be posted in its entirety or just the first chapter? 

That's fine ^_^ Doesn't matter where it's posted so long as the rewrite itself isn't a pre-written (which I get is kind of a grey area, considering the nature of the challenge, you know) If you're going to be editing the chapter(s) that are posted with the new versions just let me know. (Also I kind of want to read the old version before you fix it if that's the case).

Recent Badges

scooterbug8515
Posted (edited)

Okay so I got the re-write finished.  I made double sure that I hadn't started the re-write before this challenge was posted.

Here is the original story on Fanfiction.net (It was written before Aug 2012 but that is the earliest copy I can find as HPFF is no more.)

The original post date on HPFT was just a basic copy paste of the original story.  It has since been completely re-worked so with out further ado

Gentle Acts of Kindness

I might be back with added entries.

Edited by scooterbug8515
  • Like 1

Levana
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, scooterbug8515 said:

Okay so I got the re-write finished.  I made double sure that I hadn't started the re-write before this challenge was posted.

Here is the original story on Fanfiction.net (It was written before Aug 2012 but that is the earliest copy I can find as HPFF is no more.)

The original post date on HPFT was just a basic copy paste of the original story.  It has since been completely re-worked so with out further ado

Gentle Acts of Kindness

I might be back with added entries.

Awesome!!!!!

Spoiler

Entries

2. Gentle Acts of Kindness - scooterbug8515

Takers:

1. PaulaTheProkaryote 
  2. sapphicsunrise
  3. magnifique
  4. Pixileanin