News Ticker

May SotM Nominations [Closed]

Guest Rumpelstiltskin

Guest Rumpelstiltskin

May Story of the Month Nominations

How it works:

1. This thread is for you to nominate your favorite stories to be recognized as the HPFT Story of the Month.  Seconding isn't necessary, as all stories will move on to the voting round. :read:
  2. Mid-month, a Prefect will post a voting poll for all of the stories that have been nominated. Don't worry about having to rush - you will have about 10 days to read the stories and vote for your favorite!
  3. Winners will be announced in the News Bulletin on the first of each month. All SotM Winners will also receive a cool prize!:yay: 

Please post your nominations in this thread using the following format:

• Title:
  • Author:
  • Link to Story [& rating if Mature] :
  • Warnings [if applicable] :
  • Reason for Nomination:

Rules for Nomination:

1. All stories that have been nominated must have been updated sometime since July 2016.

2. Stories can be any genre, character type, fandom, or length.

3. No NC-17 rated stories.

4. Any story nominated must follow site guidelines.

5. All nominated stories must be posted on the HPFT Archives.

6. You may only nominate ONE story.

7. Stories do not have to be complete to be nominated. WIP's are acceptable.

Nominations will close on April 13th, 2017 at 11:59pm GMT 

Previous Months' Winners:

Spoiler

September '16 - The Harder They Fall by Victoria_Anne

October '16 - How Hogwarts Scarred Me For Life (by Enid McElderry) by beyond the rain

December '16 - Gravel on the Ground: From the Ashes by 1917farmgirl

January '17 - Liar by Felpata Lupin

March '17- Periphery by firewhiskey_ginger

April '17 - Absolution by Rhaenyra

May '17- In This Darkness by Quill2Parchment

July '17-Voldemort and the Impromptu Holiday by dirtydeedsdonedirtcheap & Nights like These by Banshee

August '17-The Wild Princess by Victoria_Anne & Skewed Toward Truth by MuggleMaybe

September '17- Traitorous Heart by Penelope_Inkwell

October '17 - Beyond Repair by MuggleMaybe

November '17 - no SotM

December '17 - Once Upon the Marauders by Flaming Quilltips

January '18 - When I Go Out With You by Dojh167

February '18 - no SotM

March '18 - five lives by just.a.willow.tree AND Haunting Shadows by dreamgazer220

April '18 - Letter to the Lost by Crimson Quill

Edited by Rumpelstiltskin
closing

Title: Jigsaw

Author: @nott theodore

Link to Story [& rating if Mature] HPFT (M)

Warnings [if applicable] Domestic abuse, hate speech, self-harm, sexual content, substance abuse, suicide, violence

Reason for Nomination: I've slowly been making my way through this story (sorry, Sian! :couch:) but I'm loving every second. Sian's characters are extremely well crafted and the her twists on the world we're so familiar with make everything feel exciting and new. The mystery keeps me on the edge of my seat and though I'm nearly finished, I still don't know how it's going to end! I can't wait until I can poke her for that sequel ;) 

• Like 2

Title: Stand Tall

Author: @Chelts-rhj

Link to Storyhere+ (A)

WarningsN/A

Reason for Nomination: This is a Next-Gen story about an OC named Alba who has cerebral palsy...and just so happens to be attending Hogwarts when the Triwizard Tournament is, once again, being played. The representation in this is fantastic, and it's one of the most original stories I've ever read. As a bonus, it has a cast of characters that readers will quickly grow to love and root for. Truly, read this story! It's fantastic!

• Like 2

Guest Rumpelstiltskin

Title: One, Two, Three, Open

Author: BellaLestrange87

Link to Story [& rating if Mature] : +click 

Warnings [if applicable] Violence

Reason for Nomination: I'm super picky about reading fics centering on Draco Malfoy, so nominating a Draco Malfoy fic for SotM is kind of a big deal. This one is a canon gap-filler, exploring more about Draco and the Vanishing Cabinet.  I thought that the author did a really amazing job of navigating through the piece as well as displaying Draco in a way that reveals a bit more of his characterization than perhaps what canon shows in a way that humanizes him.

Title: Lucky Penny
Author: @Chelts-rhj
Link to Story: here+
Warnings: n/a
Reason for Nomination: This is an absolutely brilliant time-travel fic that's written in non-chronological order. The writing is beautiful and incredibly smart, and it's so much fun trying to piece the story together and understand the world that's set up for us. Everyone should go read this, it really makes you think about the character and the life that she's lived as she navigates through time.

• Like 1

Title: Golden Girl

Author: @Crimson Quill

Link to Story [& rating if Mature] : here (M)

Warnings [if applicable] : violence, domestic abuse

Reason for Nomination: if you've ever read anything by Abbi, you know how powerfully emotional her writing is. This is no exception. Her portrayal of Peter is wonderful and so, so original and different from anything I've seen (and I'm a bit of a Pettigrew fan, as you might have guessed... :P) There is so much humanity in this (not of the most beautiful kind, but still humanity) and love and pain. You'll be glued to the screen, watching as events unravel, wishing you could stop them, but you know you can't... I'm sure you know that feeling... This story is pure gold!

• Like 3