Welcome to HPFT

We are a multi-fandom/original fiction community with roots in the Harry Potter fandom community. We strive to maintain a strong focus on author feedback and inclusive writing. Here on the forums, you can join a house and participate in House Cup events, participate in writing challenges, play games, and much more!
Join the Forums

Check out the Archives

HPFT has a moderated multi-fandom/original fiction archive with an unlimited queue. There you can post your writing, as well as read and review other members' writing. Be sure to stop by and check out our latest featured stories!
Join the Archives

Find us on Social Media

HPFT is active on social media. You can find us and many members busily tweeting on Twitter, join us for livestreams on YouTube, check out aesthetics on Instagram, get sneak peeks on Snapchat, and interact on Tumblr! All our social media links can be found below.
News Ticker
  • See the May Bulletin for archive rule/advisory changes.
  • See our badges forum for more details about our new badges system!
  • The Review Transfer Tool is now ready for use.
  • Announcements

• abhorsen.

May Bulletin   05/01/2018

May's bulletin is up, with all kinds of interesting information (including a tool to mass transfer all reviews you received on HPFF to HPFT's archive). You can check it out +here.
    • toomanycurls

Annual Member Survey   05/09/2018

Please take a moment to fill out the annual member survey before May 31st.  

Rumpelstiltskin

The new skins are absolutely beautiful. Thank you! :twothumbsup:

• Like 1

dirigibleplums

they're lovely 😍😍 put me in a good mood straight away haha

• Like 1

AbraxanUnicorn

Love the new skins! :wub:Thank you :)

Alexis Black

I absolutely love the new skins - so gorgeous!  :wub:  Dark Ember is much easier on the eyes, too. I'm so happy and grateful for the updated look!

I wonder, though, how hard it would be to have the archive match. Not as in making a new skin or messing with the current coding, per se, but to just change the image at the top? This way our forums and archive would have a more cohesive look. Sort of like these:

vG3996.png

vG32nf.png

Or if you just wanted something besides a picture of fruit that would go with that green ...

vG30jb.png

vG3VTX.png

Granted, I don't have the archive software or skins installed anywhere, but it seems to me that all you'd need to do is alter the header.jpg file on the Fruity theme. We certainly have folks around here with far more graphic talent, too.

Anyways, it's a thought.

• Like 2

Alopex

Changing a header is probably doable, so I will look into that. As for more comprehensive changes, there are no formed plans for that yet.

That said, we are always open to volunteers. We have had two different people that I can remember volunteer in the past to do skins/themes and nothing ever came of it/they gave up, but we are always open to people who are willing to volunteer their skills, especially as all staff have other responsibilities currently, and all this is extra outside of our skillsets that we have to find time for. I frankly don't have all that much free time currently...I do the bulk of my HPFT stuff in an hour or so in the mornings, so it just takes time for things to happen.

Recent Badges

DanyFire

I love the new skins but was caught off guard as I haven't been online properly for a while. I just wasn't expecting that lol :wub::hug:

StarFeather

5ad2eb68876c6_RonChudleyCannons.png.8caf64390bd47045b95addb6cf8b10e1.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Recent Badges

Alopex

I love that, @StarFeather:roflol:Ron has given his stamp of approval.

For anyone who is curious, the orange is because of the colors of the logo. It's on a yellow-to-red gradient, so orange is in between. I knew orange can be a polarizing choice. :P That's why a cool-colors (green-blue) option will be coming as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Recent Badges

Lady Asphodel

Late to the party, but I was pleasantly surprised by the new theme! It's so awesome, and I'm loving it! :)

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.