Welcome to HPFT

We are a multi-fandom/original fiction community with roots in the Harry Potter fandom community. We strive to maintain a strong focus on author feedback and inclusive writing. Here on the forums, you can join a house and participate in House Cup events, participate in writing challenges, play games, and much more!
Join the Forums

Check out the Archives

HPFT has a moderated multi-fandom/original fiction archive with an unlimited queue. There you can post your writing, as well as read and review other members' writing. Be sure to stop by and check out our latest featured stories!
Join the Archives

Find us on Social Media

HPFT is active on social media. You can find us and many members busily tweeting on Twitter, join us for livestreams on YouTube, check out aesthetics on Instagram, get sneak peeks on Snapchat, and interact on Tumblr! All our social media links can be found below.
News Ticker
  • Fic Feud is the current House Cup event!
  • Good luck to all the writers doing Camp NaNo. See you in the Crazies' Cafe!
  • Enjoy the new themes! To change them choose the "Themes" dropdown at the bottom of the page.
  • Announcements

• abhorsen.

April Bulletin   04/01/2018

April's Bulletin has been posted! You can find it +here!
Sign in to follow this  
just.a.willow.tree

Which Skins Do You Use?

which skins do you use?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Archives

• Autumn Days
    • Fruity
    • Night Sky
    • Sommerbrise
    • SurpriseMe
  2. 2. Forums

• Dark Ember
    • IPS Original
    • Burning Bright

just.a.willow.tree
Posted (edited)

With the wonderful addition of new forum skins, I wanted to know what people used for this skins, so I decided to make a poll. (I like collecting unofficial data, I guess.) So pick your favorite skin for both the archives and the forums, and comment below why!

As for me, I use Fruity for the archives, because I like the green, and I use Burning Bright for the forums because I like reading black text on white (and also because the orange/black color scheme is so cool).

Edited by just.a.willow.tree

Levana

I use Night Sky and Dark Ember. I prefer the light on dark as it's easier to look at. It's also sort of a dyslexia thing? For me, at least, I find it easier to read things on a non white/light background. Mixing up words is a bit less frequent with a darker background haha. ^_^ Other than that, I love the orange and black color scheme so much too. It's sooo good.

800 words of heaven

On the archives, I use Sommerbrise. It really takes advantage of the widescreen view, which can be a little annoying sometimes :P But the colour scheme is just wonderful. The colours are so bright and fun, yet soothing at the same time. I sometimes just open the archives to look at those colours.

On the forums, I'm using Burning Bright. I tried Dark Ember and was surprised to learn that I find white on black writing incredibly annoying. I'm really enjoying this particular shade of orange, too. It's not too much at all, which I was worried about when the theme was first released.

Veritaserum27

I've always had Night Sky enabled on the archives, and it looks weird to me to change it to anything else.  As for the forums, at first I thought I liked Burning Bright a little better, but after one full day of Dark Ember, I'm hooked.

My favorite things about the new skins:

1. The ticker tape!
  2. How lovely our icon stands out at the top!
  3. Clicking on the icon to get back to the hope page!
  4. The flash of orange as you hover over each subforum!
  5. And my absolute favorite part is how amazingly colorful the usernames look at the bottom of the page against the dark background!!
  • Like 1

Awards

Sign in to follow this