Welcome to HPFT

We are a multi-fandom/original fiction community with roots in the Harry Potter fandom community. We strive to maintain a strong focus on author feedback and inclusive writing. Here on the forums, you can join a house and participate in House Cup events, participate in writing challenges, play games, and much more!

Join the Forums

Check out the Archives

HPFT has a moderated multi-fandom/original fiction archive with an unlimited queue. There you can post your writing, as well as read and review other members' writing. Be sure to stop by and check out our latest featured stories!

Join the Archives

Find us on Social Media

HPFT is active on social media. You can find us and many members busily tweeting on Twitter, join us for livestreams on YouTube, check out aesthetics on Instagram, get sneak peeks on Snapchat, and interact on Tumblr! All our social media links can be found below.

News Ticker
  • Staff/prefect applications are open!
  • Ask about our Review Transfer Tool.
  • Claim your badges!
  • Check out the new emoji options.
just.a.willow.tree

Who's in Your Profile Pic?

just.a.willow.tree
Posted (edited)

I was just very curious about this (and of course, profile pics are bound to change so this is unlikely to remain forever) especially because I can't tell who some of you have. :P So talk about who's in your profile pic and why you have them there!

As for me, I have Mina Myoui, a member of a k-pop group. She's my favorite out of the members, and she possesses this uncanny gift of always looking elegant enough that all her candids look like magazine shoots. Like the picture in my sig was taken by a fansite while she got out a car.

Anyway, what about yours?

Edited by just.a.willow.tree
  • Like 1

victoria_anne

Ooh this is such a good idea for a thread! I've got Mia Wasikowska from Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland. I LOVE this movie so much! I chose her to remind myself that it's okay to be a dreamer :wub:

• Like 2

MalfoysAngel

My profile pic is of the late Chester Bennington. My favorite Linkin Park song is “Leave Out all the Rest” and my sig and avatar are to remind me to do my best to be the greatest version of myself I can and to live a life worthy of being remembered.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Crimson Quill

Mine is Liam Hemsworth because he is faceclaim for Oliver Wood who plays a big role in my headcanon of Oliver/Lavender/Parvati universe which Parisian Scars is part of and I have Lavender/Parvati as my signature. 

Rumpelstiltskin

My profile picture is Gunnar Hansen as the original "Leatherface" from the Texas Chainsaw Massacre. It's a piece taken from my signature which features he and either Nick Castle or Tommy Lee Wallace as the original Michael Myers from Halloween (the reason it could be either is because there were multiple actors who portrayed Myers during the film).

They are my horror husbands and are the star killers in two of my favorite old horror films. They represent my love of slashers and the horror genre as a whole.

beyond the rain

my icon is a gif of my favourite drag queen - Bianca Del Rio. I changed my pic to bianca when I bought my tickets to go see her live (I should be going in july how exciting amirite) 

My signature is one that I made and has Natalie Dormer in it I think???? That's actually just smth I made for a challenge at TDA and wanted to use a sig that I'd made. Before that though, my sig was two gifs of Judy Garland, because she's my favourite celebrity to have ever walked the earth and I doubt that will ever change :wub:

Recent Badges

ShadowRose

Mine is Reese Witherspoon (although more specifically, it's Reese Witherspoon as Elle Woods). And the reasoning behind that is because, um, she's apparently a pretty accurate depiction of me in real life? I'm blonde, studying law, obsessed with the color pink, and, according to people who know me, remarkably good at giving off the first impression of being an airhead. :whistling: 

• Like 3

Recent Badges

Nix

My profile pic is of Holland Roden as her character Lydia Martin from Teen Wolf. I am totally in love with Teen Wolf, I've binged the show numerous times, it's officially over now but I'll still probably watch it again soon. Anyway, Lydia is one of the few constant main characters on the show, and she's probably the character that grows the most throughout the six seasons. She is also the focus of my signature, which emphasizes her struggle with the beginning of learning she's a banshee and what her powers are.

• Like 2

Levana

My profile pic is Fred Weasley :P Not sure if anyone knows or not... but Fred and George are like my favorite characters. :o 

And just because my sig doesn't match my icon xD (why am I like this...?) my sig is of ahsoka tano from the show Star Wars Rebels. Which is like one of my favorite shows. It just had its series finale back in February. Anyway, I just love Ahsoka Tano. She's my space Wife. I've loved her character since The Clone Wars. I will probably end up changing my sig to something related to my multichapter fic.

Recent Badges

RoxiMalfoy
Posted (edited)

My current profile pic is my OC, Roxi Zarooni (portrayed by the amazing Ariel Bloomer, from the band Icon For Hire.) ^_^

I can't see myself changing this anytime soon either, considering that @PaulaTheProkaryote just made me this most AMAZING SigSet everrr for my Birthday!!! :wub:

Edited by RoxiMalfoy
  • Like 2

dreamgazer220

I change mine periodically, but my current profile picture and signature is Bellamy and Clarke, from The 100. Did you guys know I like this show?

Anyway, I chose them because they're my current otp of otps and I usually have something fandom-related in my sets.  I love them because of how balanced they are, and how they give each other strength but aren't afraid to fight and disagree when they think the other is being a pain or doing something stupid. At the end of the day, they (usually) have each other's backs and have come a long way from hating & judging each other in season 1. 

They're also a good reminder for me to write balanced relationships and characters in my stories. Bellamy's the male lead, but he still shows emotions and it doesn't make him weak; Clarke's the female lead, but she still makes hard, calculated decisions and doesn't let her heart win her over.

Also I'm just obsessed with them and they're nice to look at, let's be honest :wub:

• Like 1

Phoenix Potioneer

My profile pic is currently of the 13th doctor from Doctor Who. Her season hasn't actually started yet- not until this fall- but I am eagerly anticipating it. I was able to make the icon using promotional images.

clevernotbrilliant
3 hours ago, dreamgazer220 said:

Also I'm just obsessed with them

@dreamgazer220 I'm shook, I had no idea you loved them :P

My profile pic and signature are both of the incomparable Agent Peggy Carter played by the amazing Hayley Atwell. She's pretty much my favorite Marvel character (even though Shuri is slowly coming for that title) and goals in every sense of the word. Plus the quote in my signature is one of the greatest lines in TV history and she's just so inspiring and badass. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Aphoride

Honestly, you guys all have so much more interesting stories about your sigs than me :P My avatar and sig at the moment literally feature random ballet dancers I found on google and chose because I liked the poses #nocoolstoryhere 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Recent Badges

Dojh167

Super Man. 

• Haha 4

pookha

mine is me in costume for Halloween as Hat, the Vulture-Headed God of Unexpected Guests from Terry Pratchett's Discworld series. My wife went as Anoia, Goddess of Things Stuck in Drawers.

• Like 2

scooterbug8515

Mine is me before I got a hair cut and dye job.  I have thought about going back to Baby Groot to match my signature.

Pixileanin

Mine is a leftover (and awesome) graphic from the last House Cup competition.  I usually sport a fine example of a steel balloon dog.  I call it  the "balloon dog of steel" for irony.  Because I think it's funny.  And also because I like to make balloon animals.  

Clowns scare me.  I want to put them out of business.

Felpata_Lupin

I am the laziest person on earth and I think it shows in my sig set... :P

On HPFF I used for a while a picture of a wolf howling at the moon because... well... Remus... :$ (No signature,  at least until we were given one for the house cup)

Then I used for a while I picture of children making a ring around the world, to symbolize peace (it was a period when the world was going crazy... not that right now is much better... :()

I kept that one (still have it on Facebook) until I switched to my current sig set, a present from @TidalDragon from a Secret Something event. I quite like it, too! That little badger is so cute! :wub:

• Like 1

starbuck
On 4/26/2018 at 1:18 AM, pookha said:

mine is me in costume for Halloween as Hat, the Vulture-Headed God of Unexpected Guests from Terry Pratchett's Discworld series. My wife went as Anoia, Goddess of Things Stuck in Drawers.

that's so cool!

grumpy cat is my icon :shifty: because she's awesome. i first made the icon for april fools event on TDA last year and then i just liked it too much to change it so i've been using it for more than a year now on there and now on here :) 

• Like 1

Recent Badges

dirigibleplums

mine is marina diamandis aka marina and the diamonds. i was listening to her song froot a lot when i was requested it so the quote on and theme of the set reflects that of the song and album. it's brighter than my usual ones so it's cute :P :wub:

Lady Asphodel

Mine is of three characters,  Popura Taneshima (third, right), Yachiyo Todoroki (first, left), and Mahiru Inami (second, middle) from an anime called Working! or Wagnaria! I made it for a nightcore yt channel I had started but haven't really gotten around to be active on there. But I love the icon so.. yeah. 

sunshine_locks

mine is kiko mizuhara! she's there because she's a faceclaim of mine for Lucy Weasley, who is the main character in one of the novels i planned out. 

MadiMalfoy

Mine is Bellamy Blake because like @dreamgazer220 said, he's just so nice to look at. I requested this like years ago now but I love it so much!! My signature has Clarke in it too along with Hermione & Draco because these are my two OTPs for HP & The 100. I've got a nice little quote on there from HP that reminds me I can do whatever I set my mind to as well for motivation!