Welcome to HPFT

We are a multi-fandom/original fiction community with roots in the Harry Potter fandom community. We strive to maintain a strong focus on author feedback and inclusive writing. Here on the forums, you can join a house and participate in House Cup events, participate in writing challenges, play games, and much more!

Join the Forums

Check out the Archives

HPFT has a moderated multi-fandom/original fiction archive with an unlimited queue. There you can post your writing, as well as read and review other members' writing. Be sure to stop by and check out our latest featured stories!

Join the Archives

Find us on Social Media

HPFT is active on social media. You can find us and many members busily tweeting on Twitter, join us for livestreams on YouTube, check out aesthetics on Instagram, get sneak peeks on Snapchat, and interact on Tumblr! All our social media links can be found below.

News Ticker
  • Check out the new badges we have available.
  • Why did Professor Snape stand in the middle of the road?
  • So you'll never know which side he's on.
scooterbug8515

The Anything But Harry Challenge | Due 10 Aug 2018

just.a.willow.tree

(I just wanted to say that I've started working on another entry, and it's going to be for How to Train Your Dragon. 😊)

Chelts-rhj

Ta da! It's not quite done yet, have a few more sections to add, but there's a chunk in the queue! Ragnarok (T)

Recent Badges

just.a.willow.tree

I have my second entry up!

egg (M) from How to Train Your Dragon

Pixileanin

Hey there, I saw that you're accepting multiple entries, but from different fandoms.  

Can I enter more than one OF entry, if the worlds are different?

Asking for my muse...

MadiMalfoy

Hey I don't think that I'm going to be able to get anything written for this in time. 😔 My muse just was not cooperative this month on more than two things so this fell by the wayside unfortunately. I'll definitely be reading some of the entries though!!

MuggleMaybe

I’d like to switch from Books of Bayern to the Provost’s Guard series by Tamora Pierce, if that’s alright? :)

scooterbug8515
Posted (edited)

Just want to poke int and say that ya'll are doing great!  I am excited to see the new entries and the interest in my challenge!  I will get things updated hopefully in the near future!  I have not forgotten this challenge though!

@Pixileanin Multiple OF's are permitted but they have to be different worlds.  Eg.  If you enter an OF set in the universe of super heroes you can't enter a second story from that universe the second OF has to come from your world of dragons or what have you.  (If you give me two realistic OF stories that is fine but they can't be connected it can't be the story of Mary and then the story of Mary's cousin, aunt, boss neighbor.  The second story can't know Mary.  

Hope this makes sense!

Edited by scooterbug8515
  • Like 1

Pixileanin

Yes, thanks!  I'll see what I can do.

scooterbug8515

Thanks for your patience everyone as I got caught up on life!  Changing fandoms is 100% fine @MuggleMaybe!

@MadiMalfoy I am sorry to hear your muse did not cooperate for this challenge.

I am excited to see the continued interest in my absence and I am so freaking excited to read the entries once the AUG 10 deadline comes round Ya'll have 11 days to get things into the que.  If you submit at the 11th hour just say it is in the que and I'll wait for our wonderful validators to work their magic.  I am also open to holding judgement a bit should you need to do a a resubmit for whatever reason as I know that happens!  

I have updated the lists below if I missed something or someone, I sincerely apologize, and to please let me know so I can correct my error!

spartan (M) by just.a.willow.tree (Percy Jackson)

We, Lawbreaking Citizens (M) by Rumpelstiltskin (OF)

The House and the Sea (M) by the tarik (Siren)

I have a Dream by potionspartner (OF)

Ragnarok by Chelts-rjb (OF)

egg (M) by just.a.willow.tree (How to Train Your Dragon)

Revenge (M) by starfeather (OF)

Spoiler

Takers

the tarik - OF or TBD fandom

pooka - Daria

victoria_anne – OF or Romeo and Juliet

Unwritten Curse - Scythe by Neal Shusterman

Simplicius – 2000AD

Maybe

Aphoride - Hannibal

MuggleMaybe -  Provost’s Guard

forever_dreaming - Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer or OF (maybe 100)

wandlessmagic - Stranger Things

MalfoysAngel - House of Night, Inheritance Cycle or OF

Levana - Mass Effect

sleepingbagonthesofa - His Dark Materials

ImaRavencalw - ??

1917farmgirl - Merlin or Andromeda

abhorsen - TLA/LOK and/or the Flash and/or something else

FoxPatronus – X-Files

TheGoldenKneazle - Sarah J Maas, Sci-fi, or OF

TreacleTart – Handmaiden’s Tale and Hunger Games

Hobbit

I've just had a one shot validated which is a John Murphy story set five years after season five AU.. even though I didn't sign up, can I send it through now as an entry? ^_^ 

scooterbug8515

@Hobbit You do not have to sign up for the challenge as long as your summary mentions that the story is for this challenge you can link me to it and I'll include it in judging, as long as it was published/validated after the start of this challenge.

LunaStellaCat

Anything But Harry Challenge.  

Original Fiction:  Peter Calhoun (M)

Unwritten Curse

The due date is Friday, the 10th, right? It says the 9th on the site calendar, which I'm assuming is a typo.

scooterbug8515

Yeah the 10th is when this is due.  If the thread gets closed early I am willing to take submissions via PM.  Additionally as long as it is in the Que by the 10th you can PM to say as much and I'll consider your entry valid.  I also am not going to be a stickler to a particular time zone as those can get hairy at times.  So as long as your story is in the Que and you PM me by 12:00 preferably your local time I'm good.  I'll honestly accept entries via PM until 12:00 (NUT -11).  (That is 6am CST -5 on 8/11 , 2pm GMT on 8/11).

• Thanks 1

Unwritten Curse

Here's the first chapter of Seven Deaths (M). The second (and final) chapter will be up later tonight.

Simplicius

I was really looking forward to this challenge put, once again, I have to apologise. Writing and rewriting my PhD proposal has sapped my creative energy and my fiction writing has ground to an excruciatingly slow pace.